Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Exclamation Help please on bringing my child to the UK

We are in the middle of gathering documents for my daughters visa to come here in the UK to settle and my sisters family visit visa to be my daughters travel company.

I am a bit confused on the sponsor bit, it is going to be me or my husband. I already have printed the sponsorship undertaking form for both my daughter and sister and i am not sure who to put in it if its me because I aint got a job. Will that affect the application if i put my name as a sponsor or much better to put paul as a sponsor since we can provide details about his job.

To all who have experience this can you please enlighten us. It will be a very big help. Thank you!

Trusted Member
    I can only tell you what was required when I brought my two stepchildren here on settlement (dependant) visas a few years ago.

I was their sponsor. I would imagine you'd need to be a British Citizen for starters (which my ex wasn't, at the time, but she did already have her ILR).

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I can only tell you what was required when I brought my two stepchildren here on settlement (dependant) visas a few years ago.

I was their sponsor. I would imagine you'd need to be a British Citizen for starters (which my ex wasn't, at the time, but she did already have her ILR).
    Hello Graham, i already am a british citizen and we are joint accounts but i dont have a job because i am looking after our child and my brother in law who has mild learning difficulties.

Trusted Member
    Aah.... sounds like you're starting off from a position of strength then.

I won't advise further though, because I simply am not up to date with current requirements.

Hopefully another BM can be more helpful. In the meantime, why not ring the UKVA, or whatever they call themselves now, and ask their advice ? Also study the notes accompanying the online application 'form'.

Thread Information