Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

New Bohol Airport to be completed in 2018

The P7.7 billion Bohol Airport is on schedule except for some hitches in the procurement of aggregates which were already corrected.
    Engr. Florencio de la Cruz, project manager from the Department of Transportationduring an exclusive Chronicle interview denied reports that the completion date of the new airport will be delayed for two years.
    The airport will definitely be competed by March 2018, he assured while he laughed off some smear campaign against the project which found its way to some Manila dailies.

http://boholchronicle.com.ph/2016/11...leted-in-2018/

That looks amazing.
    Will it spoil the place long term do you think or bring more work and prosperity , is it a local airport or a international airport as they say it is .

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    That looks amazing.
    Will it spoil the place long term do you think or bring more work and prosperity , is it a local airport or a international airport as they say it is .
    A 2.5 kilometre runway will be long enough to take any international aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    A 2.5 kilometre runway will be long enough to take any international aircraft
    Yes but with such a small island where will they all go too, "Fred are you full"

Whilst Im sure this Airport will be beneficial to the inhabitants, and businesses on Panglao, and i congratulate them on achieving there own Airport, i really cant see how the cost could have been justified when the cost of it will bring Benefits to so few, I mean its about half an hour from Tagbilaran airport to Panglao Island, whereas the proposed Bukidnon Airport which would bring benefits to many more, and considerably ease the Traffic between Davao and Cagayan De Oro, this project seems to have been put on the back burner indefinately. I would have thought now that DU30 is President he would have brought this project forward, or is it that DU30 prefers to see passengers/travellers pass through Davao City, its my Opinion that if this is indeed the case then it is short sighted, because from everyone i speak to the congestion in Davao is getting worse day by day, and will indeed continue to do so, and the Congestion in CDO is also pretty horrendous in the rush hour..
    Last edited by Harry T; 13th March 2017 at 21:13. Reason: adding something

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Whilst Im sure this Airport will be beneficial to the inhabitants, and businesses on Panglao, and i congratulate them on achieving there own Airport, i really cant see how the cost could have been justified when the cost of it will bring Benefits to so few, I mean its about half an hour from Tagbilaran airport to Panglao Island, whereas the proposed Bukidnon Airport which would bring benefits to many more, and considerably ease the Traffic between Davao and Cagayan De Oro, this project seems to have been put on the back burner indefinately. I would have thought now that DU30 is President he would have brought this project forward, or is it that DU30 prefers to see passengers/travellers pass through Davao City..
    Good points Harry, having only been on holiday to Panglao and knowing it to be a small island i just thought it may spoil it over the years , but i am only speaking for myself.
    Maybe people who live there and have to make there living there too may see it different to us.

Whilst Im sure this Airport will be beneficial to the inhabitants, and businesses on Panglao, and i congratulate them on achieving there own Airport, i really cant see how the cost could have been justified when the cost of it will bring Benefits to so few, I mean its about half an hour from Tagbilaran airport to Panglao Island
    Tagbilaran airport is just not fit for purpose anymore Harry..The runway is far too short and they just can`t turn the planes around fast enough anymore..We have flights circling and waiting to land as only one plane is allowed to be there at any one time..Some times I`m waiting for a flight to come in (pick up) and find out that they have been diverted to Cebu as they are running low on fuel..
    This new airport has been in the pipe line for over 20 years and its the only suitable location really as its so damned flat!
    Had they located it elsewhere in Bohol,the traffic would have had to go through Tag.B which would have been a complete nightmare as its chock a block now as we speak.

Yes but with such a small island where will they all go too, "Fred are you full"
    We`ve been full for over a year Steve,thats why we are building five more units..We have people lining up to book them.

That looks amazing.
    Will it spoil the place long term do you think or bring more work and prosperity
    No idea if it will spoil the place or not Steve?? The Mayor here is pretty damned useless (like most local Mayors) so its a coin toss..
    In regards "Prosperity",we can`t even find an extra brick layer and plasterer to employ locally..Very unusual in the R.P...Any local wanting to work can here get a job in 5 minutes if they want it.. Any of them !

Thanks Fred for the update, times are changing indeed for many ,

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Thanks Fred for the update, times are changing indeed for many ,
    All we need now is a huge Shopping mall and I will never have to go into Tagbilaran ever again!
    I say,pull up the draw bridge and just make the whole island private!! Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    All we need now is a huge Shopping mall and I will never have to go into Tagbilaran ever again!
    I say,pull up the draw bridge and just make the whole island private!! Bliss.
    A marks and Spencers do you mean.

Thanks Fred, and now a new third bridge too.

Progress!

Coming along fred..

Coming along fred..
    Yes Harry...
    Only because it`s a Japanese contractor fulfilling its obligations!
    Had it been a Filipino contractor, most of what you see in the pics above would have already fallen into a big sink hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Hmm, ... if that's ^ the most recent photo, it's gonna take some doin' to finish the job by the March completion date projected!

March 2018 is the proposed completion date. Proposed is the key word here.

That video is from around September but it's the most recent on YT.

If that's from September, then I don't see how they can possibly complete in time for the proposed March 2018. I would suggest June 2018 may be more likely.

If that's from September, then I don't see how they can possibly complete in time for the proposed March 2018. I would suggest June 2018 may be more likely.
    The transportation department reckon the same. Good call Harold!

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/943714/...tional-airport

Thread Information