Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hungarian national shot dead in Iloilo

Trusted Member
    If you're going to fall out with your neighbours in the Phils, don't be surprised to see a gun pointing in your direction.

Their country, their customs, their 'loss of face'. Like it or not, get used to it, or go home to the safe cuddly '1st world'.

A lot of pinoy guys are petty vindictive little f***ers,a 20+ year old tricycle driver was stabbed to death just outside lolas place in toril 2 nights ago,he had gotten into an argument that day with a guy,nothing big just words,that night he slept in his hammock in the yard,woke up dead,he had been stabbed a number of times and his stomach was gaping open

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Totally agree mate.

It was only a few weeks ago that the brother-in-law was locked up for the night after getting pissed (as usual) and then running around with a shotgun, shouting his mouth off about his Mrs (next door to my Mrs and baby). Stupid man. Accusing his poor wife, who works about 14 hours a day, to keep him in alcohol , of cheating on him.

That's partly why we now have an apartment about 5 miles awày.

Respected Member
    Seems to be a national pastime, getting drunk while the wife works... seen it in our Philippine family too. One, who is mid 40s, loves the gin, has yellow eyes and I keep telling him to stop drinking as his liver is flucked. Ignores me. The Mrs already knows we aint paying his hospital bills when it happens...

Mrs already knows we aint paying his hospital bills when it happens...
    I bet you do!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I bet you do!!
    I bet we don't. Will update you when it happens ... (not that I wish it to happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Seems to be a national pastime, getting drunk while the wife works... seen it in our Philippine family too. One, who is mid 40s, loves the gin, has yellow eyes and I keep telling him to stop drinking as his liver is flucked. Ignores me. The Mrs already knows we aint paying his hospital bills when it happens...
    I dont blame you,no way jose would i pay his medical bills if he is an adult self-harming,you already gave him advice which is STOP,if he cant heed it let him go wherever he is going in the afterlife,his choice.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    If you're going to fall out with your neighbours in the Phils, don't be surprised to see a gun pointing in your direction.

Their country, their customs, their 'loss of face'. Like it or not, get used to it, or go home to the safe cuddly '1st world'.
    Well said

Yep I'm not sure it's wise to go to a neighbours house and kick him for lighting fireworks for New Years. Possible consumption of alcohol and availability of a gun can lead to an unpleasant outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I dont blame you,no way jose would i pay his medical bills if he is an adult self-harming,you already gave him advice which is STOP,if he cant heed it let him go wherever he is going in the afterlife,his choice.
    I agree 100% but that still does not stop the pressure the inlaws will often apply to the other half without the husband even having a clue...They will apply the "Utang na loob" principles relentlessly.

The "wife" will usually have to accept the husbands decision but privately she will be in utter turmoil as it`s in their blood to assist their family in need.. Ive seen Filipina`s take second jobs or secret high interest loans so that they can fund family assistance..
    At times they will secretly send the money by hook or by crook and the old man will never even know.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I agree 100% but that still does not stop the pressure the inlaws will often apply to the other half without the husband even having a clue...They will apply the "Utang na loob" principles relentlessly.

The "wife" will usually have to accept the husbands decision but privately she will be in utter turmoil as it`s in their blood to assist their family in need.. Ive seen Filipina`s take second jobs or secret high interest loans so that they can fund family assistance..
    At times they will secretly send the money by hook or by crook and the old man will never even know.
    I know,i put on here years ago a story of a guy i know whose wife went behind his back because of that relentless chinese water torture drip....drip.....drip of give me......give me.....give me..... she eventually got a huge loan,so large that no way was her husband never going to find out,if your borrowing 10's of 1000's of quid from a bank theres no way on gods earth can your husband be unaware of your utang na loob utang,their marriage broke up understandably and i dont think she has been back on holiday for around six years.................She simply cant afford it

I think i am lucky my sons only half pinoy and the family are loaded.And also my kid doesnt take any crap so utang na loob is severely dilute in his bloodstream if its there at all

Trusted Member
    I think my Mrs has now managed to convince her family ... at my suggestion, that I am just a street vagrant that she came across in Manila, and took pity on.

So far we have managed without having to ask them for money.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    So far we have managed without having to ask them for money.
    I've already borrowed money from the family
    I'll have finished paying it back January 17 2017
    No interest.

I doubt anyone will be asking me for money now they think I have nothing but my smile

Money is the reason almost all of my extended family are no longer part of our circle.

Trusted Member
    One of the most challenging aspects of our relationships... and one of the reasons why a few months chatting on Skype and a rushed wedding in the Phils is not very wise for those with little experience of the Philippines culture.

Many are so lovestruck with the pretty young lady that they just ignore advice though... which is why I tend not to offer much, sorry to say.

Graham,i know both you,i,and a few others remember the days when people used snail mail,and waited in anticipation of back and forth letters,nowadays i have met guys who have met pinays online,chatted for a short time,had a little bit of cyber sex or whatever,and proposed marriage to some doe eyed slim nymphet within a month or or two,fools rush in where angels fear to tread,marry in haste repent at leisure scenarios,they havent ended well,several sadly have played out on this very forum over the years the old days were best.

Trusted Member
    Yes, it may have been better when we had to have some patience and perhaps put a bit more 'work' into the romance, that is for sure. A month round-trip for written correspondence, and a pound a minute for a phone call (30 years ago) gave plenty of thinking time.

I still sold my house here and shot off to the Philippines though... even then. Stupid move.

When I warn people of the pitfalls, it's from EXPERIENCE.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    There was nothing better than mailing letters and awaiting a reply, they were great days and really more fun

Trusted Member
    Thanks for the rep Tawi.

Sorry, but I have to 'spread some around' before I can reciprocate.

Hungarian national shot dead in Iloilo

'Ello, 'ello ... wot 'ave we 'ere?

... y'see man ... had the "boot been on the *other foot", so to speak - and, of course, were Duterte to be successful in his bid to restore Capital Punishment in the Phils - then, in *such circumstances, the shooter could've finished up a dead 'Hung'alien!

Thread Information