Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Having a baby pinoy style,no need for all that sex and stuff.

A number of years ago i wrote on this forum about a friend of mine who was given a baby in a market place and brought it up as part of his family,the boy is now 5 years old and doing well,a year or so later his birth mother was trying to give away yet another unwanted new arrival,in the last 3 months i have heard about 2 other people given babies,just given,free gratis and for nothing,no formal adoption or similar,I wonder how common this is in pinas overall?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Very Dickensian.

Actually, pretty horrifying.

Its very common here and not as horrifying as you might think..
    You remember what they say about it takes a village to bring up a child???
    Well that`s the system over here.
    In the U.K its far more of a scientific project...
    More of a social experiment if you ask me!!

I know its common fred,but pinas is a catholic country,remember the old fallacy about pinoy family,nothing matters more than family etc etc etc then to simply give a kid away at times to a complete stranger thats just wrong on all levels,when i had a litter of pups years ago i vetted the prospective owners,made sure the pups were going to decent homes,these kids are just given away

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

If they have distant family (which they usually have) ..Thats where they usually go.. My Mrs was sent to her Aunts and that experience didn't do any lasting damage..(apparently) lol.
    Other than that...Blame the Catholic Church and the Pope.

Trusted Member
    Yes, I was referring to the giving away of a baby/child to strangers of course.

Family fostering and adoption is, I realise, a common occurance in the Phils.. and better than putting kids in homes or neglecting them.

On a lighter note, I am very much into family trees, and coming across this would be a challenge!
    Mick.

Mick,i think a child given away at random in a marketplace wouldnt so much have a family tree as a family twig,or a family straw because thats what it would be clutching at trying to trace its lineage,its more fun in the philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Mick,i think a child given away at random in a marketplace wouldnt so much have a family tree as a family twig,or a family straw because thats what it would be clutching at trying to trace its lineage,its more fun in the philippines
    Even here in Britain it is sometimes impossible to find the true birth parents within families!
    Mick.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    My mum has also helped someone to get her baby adopted years ago. She was a young neighbour of ours and won't clearly be able to take care of the baby, especially with a very low wage work. It was lucky enough that one of my mum's former colleague was looking to adopt. So she recommended the neighbour's and they managed to skipped the whole red tape of adoption in the Philippines. The kid probably is around 10 yrs old or so now. We haven't heard anything from them since a year after the adoption. We are sure of the kid being well taken care of though because my mum's colleague was quite well off. Everything that has happened was a secret though.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information