Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR expiring this January

Hi guys, I can't believe how time flies. Last thing I did here was post my experience in my first FLR application and now that one is nearly expired. I am unsure as what to do next. What do I need to apply for next? I came here in UK with a fiancee Visa and then after we got married I applied for leave to remain and got approved. What do I need to apply for next or is there already a thread about this? Ill appreciate it if someone can point me to it. Im still looking around but there's quite a few, im rather lost.

Based on what you've shared you now need to apply your 2nd FLR for the final 30 months before ILR

You may apply for the 2nd FLR(M) shortly before reaching your 30 month anniversary living in UK.

Here's a form:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...M__11-2016.pdf

I'm guessing you're on a 5 year route to settlement ?

Yes, I think i am on a 5 year route as Im supposed to apply for ILR after. I am so clueless.
    So this second FLR that I will be applying for, is it exactly the same as the one I did before? Requirements, etc. ?
    Also according to my BRP card, mine will expire the 16th of January 2017. When is the latest i can send my application? We will need to go to Cardiff for it and I think the soonest we can go is first week of January.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    Yes, I think i am on a 5 year route as Im supposed to apply for ILR after. I am so clueless.
    So this second FLR that I will be applying for, is it exactly the same as the one I did before? Requirements, etc. ?
    Also according to my BRP card, mine will expire the 16th of January 2017. When is the latest i can send my application? We will need to go to Cardiff for it and I think the soonest we can go is first week of January.
    Hi Mariafeda, because u are under the new rules yes u have to apply for another flr m for you to be able to reach the 5 years minimum stay so u can apply ILR before your 2nd flr m expires. It is normally 28 days before your visa expires or within that timeframe you can lodge your application for flr m. For your requirements, it is always good to check the gov.uk website in case there are any changes with the rules, forms and fees. Just search apply to remain in the uk with family on your search engine and it should come up with results. Goodluck!

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Based on what you've shared you now need to apply your 2nd FLR for the final 30 months before ILR

You may apply for the 2nd FLR(M) shortly before reaching your 30 month anniversary living in UK.

Here's a form:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...M__11-2016.pdf

I'm guessing you're on a 5 year route to settlement ?
    Hi. Does it also apply when using the premium service? My 30th month anniversary will be on 27/01/17 and that's the date I want to book an appointment in Croydon. We changed our minds and will avail the premium service.

Thank you,
    CHERRIE

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    Hi. Does it also apply when using the premium service? My 30th month anniversary will be on 27/01/17 and that's the date I want to book an appointment in Croydon. We changed our minds and will avail the premium service.

Thank you,
    CHERRIE
    That's fine

Good luck to you both. Should be no problem

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That's fine

Good luck to you both. Should be no problem
    I already have an appointment on the 2nd of Feb, just few days after my 30th month. I printed the application form and it's 12-2016 version.

Thanks, Terpe.

Thread Information