Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question We Would REALLY Appreciate Assistance > Bringing Wife's Child to the UK

Hi everyone!

Sorry about this double post, but my wife and I would really appreciate some assistance / guidance from others who have successfully applied for their wife's under 18 child to join them in the UK.

We're getting very bogged down in the application process and are very worried that we're unsure as to the correct procedure.

My wife and I should be an old hands at the visa application game.

We've successfully done Marriage / Settlement Visa > FLR > ILR > Brit Citizenship > Brit Passport....... all with great help from the people on this site and without professional assistance....... This time we are even considering seeing professional support, that's how unsure we are!!

Firstly, the facts,

My wife and I are currently in the middle of completing the online application form to have her under 18yo daughter join us here in the UK ...... my wife is now a British Citizen.

We are completing this application form:-
    https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

We have a couple of questions concerning the application form.

1) In the "Under 18" Section the application form asks "Please give details of your parents/guardian(s) in your home country"

Wife's daughter is staying with her older sister who is 30, we've put her down as 'legal guardian' as there was no other option part from 'mother' or 'father'.

The actual father has no contact at all and lives far away. Do we need to put his details on the form? (we've named him as father earlier in the form)

2) There is mention of the need to complete Appendix forms.

There are two Appendix forms to choose and we do not know which one to use I (if any at all).

APPENDIX 1 (VAF 4A JULY 2012) FAMILY SETTLEMENT & FAMILY REUNION States use this form if you are

"The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before
    9 July 2012."

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM States use this form if you are

"The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in
    the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012;"

My wife came to the UK on a 6 months Marriage Visa in July 2011.

Has anyone whose brought a child to the UK to join their mother used any of the above Appendix forms??

We seem to have lots of other questions, but this post has turned into a long posting already...

Much appreciate all help...
    Thanks

Fellas, we really could do with some help, particularly from people who have successfully applied for a child to join a mother in the UK....please.

Which appendix form (if any) do we need to complete?

Does my wife have to have a minimum annual salary?... what about savings?

As a husband do I supply my salary details and savings too?

Any other information will be gratefully received!!

Many Thanks

Have you reviewed the issue of 'Sole Responsibility' ?

Here's a link:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...children-set07

You really will need to satisfy this before thinking about submission of an application.

If the daughter is fast approaching 18 yrs old
    you best bet is to contact a registered Immigration Advisor in order to fast track the needed documentation.

Many thanks for the reply. I've read the link reading sole responsibility. It's an area where we may or may not be OK....... I'm not sure. Regarding contacting an Immigration Advisor, wife and I have had a chat and think that on this occasion, we're going to use an advisor. Just to make sure we have all the correct documentation etc etc.

Thanks again for your assistance.

New Shoes ...How did you get on ?

Thread Information