Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Our long haul trip to CDO

Hi guys.
    Well it was only a few weeks ago we arrived at Manila it was a gruelling 13.5 hour flight and that was after 3 hour train & 5 hours at Heathrow. Little man our son would not sleep and complained for the whole journey, infact he was the only one awake all night making a fuss (stressful & tiring to say the least) We arrived at Manila with Typhoon to threaten a cancelled flight but as we arrived at Domestic departures a big sign of cancellations welcomed us but our flight and the next one were the only ones to leave! Answered prayer!
    We arrived at CDO tired and met with the whole family which was precious.
    We spent the whole two weeks in their house, and it was precious. I had my birthday there so big family get together . We enjoyed the warm sea @ 30c and hot sun (well I did) and travelled to the mountain resort with the family. Enjoyed much rice shopping Malls videoki & two nights at Ridge view chalets at xavior estates which was really nice.
    Little man got a bug for 3 days and then I got it! Felt so rough on the last day at 3am when we had to get up, throbbing head feeling sick and coughing madly! Well little man slept most of the 14.5 hour flight and we arrived back T3 and one night in a hotel before train home next day.
    Cost ..around £3k and that was budget!

Airport customs friendly and helpful in both countries

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

John,
    Good to hear that you had an enjoyable trip (... aprt from the last 3 days !)

I'm travelling down to Mindanao in the next 3-4 weeks, so I'm curious as to how you found the atmosphere..... tense ? .... or the just the general "be careful" scenario ?
    Any differences from your last trip ?

Thks
    BBJ
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Good to know the trip went well with just the usual couple of setbacks.
    Sounds like a great family bonding. Always happy times and happy memories.

Trusted Member
    Thanks for sharing with us John... and welcome home.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Nice to hear you enjoyed your trip even though you had one or two setbacks, memories to treasure John

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    John,

I'm travelling down to Mindanao in the next 3-4 weeks, so I'm curious as to how you found the atmosphere..... tense ? .... or the just the general "be careful" scenario ?

Thks
    BBJ
    Hi its ok just be careful where you go, keep in the crowded places Malls etc stay with friends and family. I felt at peace although I prayed a lot!

Enjoy your time

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    John,

Thks
    BBJ
    Hello BBJ
    I'm sure you know where to go and where not to go as you've been travelling there numerous times.
    Many places are not safe. It's a risk. Personally I avoid Cotabato and surrounding areas as I've had issues.
    Davao City is OK the rest of the East Coast is uneasy for me although I do travel to Tagum, Mati etc
    Around Cotabato, Bukidnon, Surigao etc I'd be very very careful but as long as you're experienced you should be OK

Let me know exactly where you will go

Thread Information