Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

In relationship with Filipana girlfriend - looking for advice of how to get her to UK - fastest way

Dear Members,

My name is Lukasz and I am new to the forum.

I live in the UK, and few months ago I met my girlfriend - Jaybee she is from Philippines. We met online.
    I visited her recently for 2 weeks and we desperately want to live together in the UK, as soon as possible. We are very serious about relationship are we are ready to take it to the next stage.
    We would like to find out from people who have been in similar situation or anyone with knowledge or experience about visas, that could advise us on what type of visa we should apply for and the give us information about the process and legal procedures.
    We really want to be together as soon as possible, so we would appreciate any kind of help.

Regards,
    Lukasz

WOOOOOOOOOW, hold them horses back a little there.
    Slow down first and breath, in just a few months of knowing each other you have flown over to meet her and ok you are both in love but there is no rush, just enjoy knowing each other, then everything else will happen in time.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum Lukasz, I'm sure someone will advise you soon, good luck for the future and keep us updated

Trusted Member
    Easy enough, unless you happen to have been BORN in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by sowa1989 View Post
    Dear Members,

My name is Lukasz and I am new to the forum.

I live in the UK, and few months ago I met my girlfriend - Jaybee she is from Philippines. We met online.
    I visited her recently for 2 weeks and we desperately want to live together in the UK, as soon as possible. We are very serious about relationship are we are ready to take it to the next stage.
    We would like to find out from people who have been in similar situation or anyone with knowledge or experience about visas, that could advise us on what type of visa we should apply for and the give us information about the process and legal procedures.
    We really want to be together as soon as possible, so we would appreciate any kind of help.

Regards,
    Lukasz
    In case you haven't yet reviewed the UKVI website here is the link:-
    https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Your first step is to determine whether you will be under UK Immigration rules or EU rules (unless that changes very soon)
    Review section 1 (Exceptions) & section 2 (Eligibility) in the above link.

Another key step is to determine if you need to meet the UKVI Financial Requirement or whether you qualify for an exemption.

Look at this link for the Financial requirement and section 3.6 for exemptions.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Will your lady be applying as a Fiancee or do you have any idea to get married in the Philippines and she then applies as spouse ?
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 17th November 2016 at 03:33. Reason: I mistakenly clicked on Edit instead of the 'Quote Reply' button

Quote Originally Posted by sowa1989 View Post
    Dear Members,

My name is Lukasz and I am new to the forum. (Full content as per introductory post)

Regards,
    Lukasz
    , Lukasz!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Easy enough, unless you happen to have been BORN in the UK.
    ......................... 's true. Having noted you're from Poland, it should be a more straightforward procedure - since you'll be exempt from the Minimum Income Rules required to be met by British applicants - though it doesn't necessarily mean visa's are issued any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Will your lady be applying as a Fiancee or do you have any idea to get married in the Philippines and she then applies as spouse ?
    , but ... ... of course, this step depends upon which of those two alternatives suits BOTH of you better - once you've read and followed Terpe's expert guidance.

, but ... ... of course, this step depends upon which of those two alternatives suits BOTH of you better - once you've read and followed Terpe's expert guidance.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 17th November 2016 at 12:03. Reason: Added Smiley as a response

Hello Everyone

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I have reviewed the UKVI website and from what I understand I am considered to be "settled in the UK" (I live here for for 11 years and 9 months ago I applied for permanent residency card, having obtained permanent resident status before that) so I am not sure if I would be considered under UK or EU immigration. Any help clarifying this would be appreciated.

In an usual relationship when people are in love and from the same country, they live and work together until they decide to get married and have enough money to do it. We would like to find out what is the closest that we can get to this. Marriage is once in a lifetime so we want to find out if there is any way for us to live together in the UK for longer than 6 months and to save money for the weeding.
    We know each other for 7 months now, in ideal world we would like to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend in the UK, work, but we understand there are rules and procedures that need to be followed.

Our first idea was to get Jaybee a tourist visa for 6 months or longer, to live together in the UK and for her to not work. Has anyone tried that? Would it be difficult to obtain 6 months or longer tourist visa? Would government officials be suspicious? Are there any special circumstances that can allow her to stay longer or remain in the UK after the visa tourist visa expires, e.g. if we decide to get married during her stay?
    Secondly could someone please explain the differences and benefits of getting married in Philippines as opposed to UK?
    I understand I am asking a lot of questions, I really new to this type of situation and just want to find out about all the options to choose the most suitable solution in our circumstance.

Regards,
    Lukasz

Without commenting to much, its much easier for you if you apply under EU rules, applying under UK rules is very much stricter example, 6 months visit visa no exception, no extension whilst here, cannot marry on a visit visa, Fiancee visa again you must marry within the 6 months, Basically Lukasz its much easier under EU rules than UK rules thats why so many are pissed off including me, sorry for the short reply but thats just a few of the short facts

Trusted Member
    Yep... lucky bloke.

Hello Harry T,
    Thanks for the reply and I am really sorry that the rules are different for UK and EU nationals, it is unfair.
    By EU rules, do you mean that we should apply for an EEA family permit or we would get more "options"/freedom if we apply for Visitor or Fiance?

Thread Information