Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Lightbulb My Ielts Life Skills B1 Experience

I chose IDP as I took my previous IELTS with them, they were at Makati before but they have transferred in Ortigas at Marco Polo Hotel.

I did the booking and payment at their website, saved me time and effort going there.

I took the Life Skills B1 as advised here, thanks!

On the day of examination..

I arrived like 1.5 hours ahead of time better be early because traffic here is unexpected.

They asked me to log in my details then they asked me to go in another room, to deposit bag and in here they will check your details, id/passport then they will take a picture which will be attached to your test result, and then they will ask you to read a paragraph for ten times which says something like:

My name is Captain Cay, I am taking IELTS Life Skills B1 at PH009 on Oct 11,2016 for my UK visa.

(This will be recorded)

You are lucky if you are alone but quite embarrassing if there are some people around. Hahah

I was the only one taking B1 the others are taking A1 so one of the invigilator was my partner. (I think it was great as she knows how the test goes and the examiner asked her first)

So, this is just a conversation and the questions are like these:

Introduce yourself to your partner

What is your plan next year?

What is your favourite past time?

If you will attend a wedding, what gift will you give?

(You need to state your answer and ask your partner then you need to speak for a certain amount of time, if the examiner is nice, she will do some hand gesture to encourage you to speak, the key here is to be conversant and always give an open ended questions)

After the speaking is the listening part, This is easy for me because the examiner will play a recording of a short conversation and will ask one or two questions.

If you want further details, I would encourage you to watch youtube videos of mock test. (You need to be patient in searching because theres not a lot)

*There is no certain score here like the usual IELTS, in here they will only say PASS or FAIL

*Result is after 6 days, if you put M.Manila address you need to pick it up in their office () and don’t forget to bring your id but if your address is outside Metro Manila they will mail it to you.

*They will only give one copy for the test result, if you need more copies they said we need to provide them a request from embassy.

Thanks for your effort in sharing another very useful post

More great Info for those who are going down this route .

Thread Information