Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar

Question Preparing for FLR(M)

Here I am again seeking for your help and guidance. This time for the 2nd step of my immigration journey. Sorry, I have loads of questions as I go through the application form and required documents.

PAYSLIPS
    Do I need to get them signed by my/husband's employer or is it alright just to print them off as they are anyway showing in the bank statements?

BANK STATEMENTS
    We are receiving monthly statement thru post, would they be alright or shall I request a 6month statement from our bank?

ITEMS OF CORRESPONDENCE
    I know it says provide 6 items but we moved in new addresses twice. Would it be safe to provide 6 items in each address?

DEPENDANT
    I put the little one's (Charlotte) name and details in Section 4 (Dependent Children). Just making sure she's not included in 9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16 as Charlotte is a British citizen and do I need to enclose her passport and photo?

FLR M APPLICATION FORM I'm confused with these questions.
    Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
    Yes or No

Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
    Shall I tick this one First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Do you or your sponsor, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home?

Do I need to include council tax as rent?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck. I shall be following this post with great interest as We have to go through this process in 6 months time.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I can answer the first three plus the last one Cherrie, Payslips as they are, Bank statements as they are, no need to ask for a six monthly statement and regarding correspondence only six items total over all addresses not six from each address. 7.5, no need to include Council Tax and good luck with your application I'm sure you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Good luck. I shall be following this post with great interest as We have to go through this process in 6 months time.
    Thank you, Slip. Good luck to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I can answer the first three plus the last one Cherrie, Payslips as they are, Bank statements as they are, no need to ask for a six monthly statement and regarding correspondence only six items total over all addresses not six from each address. 7.5, no need to include Council Tax and good luck with your application I'm sure you'll get it right.
    Thanks so much, Michael. Less questions in my mind

Help please

DEPENDANT
    I put the little one's (Charlotte) name and details in Section 4 (Dependent Children). Just making sure she's not included in 9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16 as Charlotte is a British citizen and do I need to enclose her passport and photo?

Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
    Yes or No

Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
    Shall I tick this one First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Cherrie, I'm sure I could answer all three but would rather our more knowledgeable member Terpe confirm your required answers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Cherrie, I'm sure I could answer all three but would rather our more knowledgeable member Terpe confirm your required answers
    Hi, Michael. Thanks for your reply again. May I know your answers to my questions, please.
    I'm sure some members will confirm if it's right or wrong.

Terpe, help please

DEPENDANT
    I put the little one's (Charlotte) name and details in Section 4 (Dependent Children). Just making sure she's not included in 9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16 as Charlotte is a British citizen and do I need to enclose her passport and photo? [B][/B]NO you dont need to submit a photo .. Charlotte needs only her passport.

Yes or No
    [B]ANSWER NO .. you first application was when you were granted Entry clearance.[/B]

Shall I tick this one First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)[/QUOTE]
    YOU are applying for First period of leave to remain

We were granted visa extension in August.

God bless

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    DEPENDANT
    I put the little one's (Charlotte) name and details in Section 4 (Dependent Children). Just making sure she's not included in 9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16 as Charlotte is a British citizen and do I need to enclose her passport and photo? [B][/B]NO you dont need to submit a photo .. Charlotte needs only her passport.

Yes or No
    [B]ANSWER NO .. you first application was when you were granted Entry clearance.[/B]

YOU are applying for First period of leave to remain

We were granted visa extension in August.

God bless

John
    Thanks so much, John for your response. Congratulations to both of you. May I ask how long did it take before you got the decision and did you avail the premium service?

9.17 Dependants and applicants under the age of 16
    If the applicant or any dependant included on this application is under the age of 16 please complete questions 9.17, 9.18, 9.19 and 9.20. If not please go to question 9.21.
    Is the applicant or dependant
    16 years old or more go to question 9.21
    less than 16 years old go to question 9.18

9.18 Give details of the person who will be accompanying the applicant or dependant when he or she attends their Biometric residence permit appointment
    Name of responsible adult
    Date of birth D D M M Y Y Y Y
    FLR(M) Version 04/16 Page 48 of 76
    Nationality
    Relationship to child

9.19 Is this person the applicant or dependant’s parent or legal guardian
    Yes go to question 9.21 No go to question 9.20

9.20 Please explain why a person other than the applicant or dependant’s parent or legal guardian will be accompanying the applicant or dependant

9.21 Declaration As required by the Immigration (Biometric Registration) Regulations 2008 (as amended) I confirm that I also apply for a biometric immigration document for myself and any dependants applying with me. If I am a sole applicant under the age of 16, or if any dependant child under the age of 16 is applying with me, I understand that the Home Office may make enquiries about any responsible adult nominated to be present when my/their fingerprints and/or a photograph are taken.
    Signature
    Date D D M M Y Y Y Y

One more thing about the above section, Charlotte is a dependant but not an applicant. She doesn't need a biometric residence permit. Does she?

THANKS SO MUCH. GOD BLESS
    Last edited by raynaputi; 30th October 2016 at 13:42. Reason: changed the text colour to make it readable

Hi again.
    Charlotte doesn't require bio metrics that's correct. We took the premium service which as you know so same day result. If you can afford it its a good idea to do this as takes the pressure off you.

Take care

God be with you.

John & Angeline
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Hi again.
    Charlotte doesn't require bio metrics that's correct. We took the premium service which as you know so same day result. If you can afford it its a good idea to do this as takes the pressure off you.

Take care

God be with you.

John & Angeline
    Shall I leave that section (9.17) blank then?

I don't think I will avail the premium service, it will cost too much for me. We're saving up as well so we can go to Philippines next year. My mum's desperate to see Charlotte, bless her.

Thanks ever so much, John and Angeline

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post

I don't think I will avail the premium service, it will cost too much for me. We're saving up as well so we can go to Philippines next year. My mum's desperate to see Charlotte, bless her.

Thanks ever so much, John and Angeline

We had to fill another form in FLR (FP) because my job changed.
    I recall that we filled in section 4 but this section 9 only refers to children who are applying for biometrics ie: those who are not British Citizens. (Section 9 - Biometric residence permit)

Hope this helps

John & Angeline

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post

I just used the postal service it took 3 weeks for them to reply. Good luck.

We had to fill another form in FLR (FP) because my job changed.
    I recall that we filled in section 4 but this section 9 only refers to children who are applying for biometrics ie: those who are not British Citizens. (Section 9 - Biometric residence permit)

Hope this helps

John & Angeline
    Thanks for the clarification. I supposed section 9.1-9.16 is for me and 9.17 onwards I won't fill in.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I just used the postal service it took 3 weeks for them to reply. Good luck.
    I'll do the same. 3 weeks isn't that bad.

Thanks

Thread Information