Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Hello everybody, I'm Mary!

Hi everyone, my name is Mary and I'm new to the Forum

I'm actually not Filipina or have anything to do with your beautiful country, but I just love it and it's always been my dream to visit it! Hopefully next year this wish will come true, so I decided to finally make some time and learn a bit of the language and the customs, since I want to make sure I enjoy my experience as much as possible.

Shortly I'll be posting another thread because I want to start learning Tagalog, but I'm really bad at learning with CDs & videos and all that. I'm not that old but I prefer the good old face-to-face way of learning lol.

So if anyone has any recommendations of good teachers in London, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you and I look forward to exchanging good conversations with you

Mary

So what exactly is your connection? seems a very odd thing to want to do without a connection to the Philippines?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    So what exactly is your connection? seems a very odd thing to want to do without a connection to the Philippines?
    Appears the lady would like to visit the Philippines, seems quite a logical request Steve Welcome to the Forum Mary we are dying to find out about you wanting to visit the Philippines, look forward to hearing more from you.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello Mary,
    My name is Neil like you I am looking for a Teacher of the Philippine language. The dialect I want to learn is Hiligaynon. Should you be successful in your search. I would be grateful to know how they can be contacted,

Regards Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Appears the lady would like to visit the Philippines, seems quite a logical request Steve Welcome to the Forum Mary we are dying to find out about you wanting to visit the Philippines, look forward to hearing more from you.
    Unfortunately Michael, I am always a little bit suspicious of one hit wonders. Specially from someone who works for a recruitment agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo462003 View Post
    Hello Mary,
    My name is Neil like you I am looking for a Teacher of the Philippine language. The dialect I want to learn is Hiligaynon. Should you be successful in your search. I would be grateful to know how they can be contacted,

Regards Neil
    Neil, I am afraid the OP never returned after making a first post. This sort of backed up my impression that they were just touting for someone to recruit.

It it seems that Hiligaynon is only spoken in a very few small areas in the Philippines so why would you want to speak such a little used dialect?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Thread Information