Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Cool Naturalisation An 1 application -- but haven't got all my P60's ...! help !

Hi

filling out AN 1 naturalization form at moment (wife already has ILR completed a year ago ) .... but we see the form asks for P60's for each year been here ....so we have 3 out of 4 P60's and there's one missing from 3 years ago as the employer did not supply to us & that company is no longer around to ask for it ( we also dont have pay slips anywhere for that year either as lost in moving house twice et al!) ...... will it be ok to just send in the P60's my wife has with that one years worth missing ..?? ..we are thinking that surely as her national insurance number is supplied in the form that they can check with HMRC anyways ?....however we also dont want the application to fail due to a technicality either ....any advice would be appreciated

salamat
    Shalona

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shalona View Post
    Hi

filling out AN 1 naturalization form at moment (wife already has ILR completed a year ago ) .... but we see the form asks for P60's for each year been here ....so we have 3 out of 4 P60's and there's one missing from 3 years ago as the employer did not supply to us & that company is no longer around to ask for it ( we also dont have pay slips anywhere for that year either as lost in moving house twice et al!) ...... will it be ok to just send in the P60's my wife has with that one years worth missing ..?? ..we are thinking that surely as her national insurance number is supplied in the form that they can check with HMRC anyways ?....however we also dont want the application to fail due to a technicality either ....any advice would be appreciated

salamat
    Shalona
    As far as I know P60's only asked for as proof of residing here for the period of compliance for Naturalisation, surely your passport should suffice for that, mmm sure others will follow on this.

Hi

filling out AN 1 naturalization form at moment (wife already has ILR completed a year ago ) ... but we see the form asks for P60's for each year been here ....so we have 3 out of 4 P60's and there's one missing from 3 years ago as the employer did not supply to us & that company is no longer around to ask for it (we also don't have pay slips anywhere for that year either as lost in moving house twice et al!) ...... will it be ok to just send in the P60's my wife has with that one years worth missing ..?? ..we are thinking that surely as her national insurance number is supplied in the form that they can check with HMRC anyways ?....however we also dont want the application to fail due to a technicality either ....any advice would be appreciated

salamat
    Shalona
    ... don't worry about the missing *P60, ... just explain what you've mentioned here, in the appropriate part of the form, since - as Mark says - *it's only needed for proof of your wife's eligibility for naturalisation which ... ... of course, as he adds, should already appear on her passport anyway.

Further to what has been said, I would also recommend that (once she's amassed ALL of the documents required) an appointment be made with the National Checking Service operated by most of the LARGE local authorities throughout the UK (Manchester certainly!) ... where, for a fee of approximately £70~£80, staff will check, copy and collate the papers for onward transmission to the Home Office itself ... returning each of the passports to yourselves.

suggestion of mine is definitely~worth considering and I'm very confident all will be well with your good lady's application.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    As far as I know P60's only asked for as proof of residing here for the period of compliance for Naturalisation, surely your passport should suffice for that, mmm sure others will follow on this.
    Yes, Mark ... you're spot-on! Thank you, as always, for your valuable assistance.

....... but we see the form asks for P60's for each year been here ....so we have 3 out of 4 P60's and there's one missing from 3 years ago...
    It's been some time since I last review Form AN.
    Don't recall anything about P60 though.

To save me looking through the whole form can you tell me which section/question asks for P60 ?

It's an odd requirement for proof of residence as it actually doesn't support that.
    It's only a record of total pay and deductions made against UK sourced income.

Actually, I receive a P60 at the end of the tax year and I'm not resident in UK

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    It's been some time since I last review Form AN.
    Don't recall anything about P60 though.

To save me looking through the whole form can you tell me which section/question asks for P60 ?

It's an odd requirement for proof of residence as it actually doesn't support that.
    It's only a record of total pay and deductions made against UK sourced income.

Actually, I receive a P60 at the end of the tax year and I'm not resident in UK
    Hi Terpe!
    its section 1.45 to 1.48 ...employment history ...the AN Guide says should produce P60's to prove what you out there ...but dont know how strict that is ..they make it sound that you MUST do it however, i think thye just check ur Nat Ins number anyways .... wouldnt like to fail the AN app on techinicality though ..even though we missing one p60 out of 4

this is what the AN Guide says: "Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to approach them.
    1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.
    If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account.
    If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account."

thanks for ur help

Hi Arthur ! thanks for replying to my threads again from so many year ago

very solid steadying advice u have given .... our Council has nat check service ..so oo ..we will use them
    we hope u are ok

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    thanks for being first in thinking on this for us Mark ..ur a star
    i think u are probably right that it will be ok anyway .,,,,i jst always veer on side of over cautious ..in fact probably tooooo over cautious my asawa says
    thanks

Hi Terpe!
    its section 1.45 to 1.48 ...employment history ...the AN Guide says should produce P60's to prove what you out there ...but dont know how strict that is ..they make it sound that you MUST do it however, i think thye just check ur Nat Ins number anyways .... wouldnt like to fail the AN app on techinicality though ..even though we missing one p60 out of 4

this is what the AN Guide says: "Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of income tax and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form you will be giving your consent for us to approach them.
    1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.
    If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account.
    If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account."

thanks for ur help
    Ah, that's it then, proof of NI and tax.

Hi Arthur ! thanks for replying to my threads again from so many year ago
    ... WOW, you've a marvellous memory, Shaun. Amazing that you remember me from around 41/2 years ago!

very solid steadying advice u have given .... our Council has nat check service ..so oo ..we will use them
    Ah, it's my pleasure ... delighted to've been of help again.

we hope u are ok
    We [Myrna & I] are, indeed, my friend ... You folks likewise. Once more, I'd like to extend our very BEST wishes with your Alona's citizenship.

Thread Information