Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Exclamation Must Read: Commission on Filipinos Overseas regarding CFO Sticker

I send an email to Commission on Filipinos Overseas regarding CFO Sticker.

To whom it may concern,

I'm concerned about this CFO Sticker. I've read a lot of information regarding it but it's still not clear to me who are the target for Guidance and Counseling Program. It's clear that it's for Spouse/Partner of a Foreign National or former Filipino citizen. But is it only for those 1st time travelers or even for the spouses who got married in another country and who are already living their for a long time.
    I've been living in the UK for more than a year now and I planned to visit my family next year. I reported my marriage in the Philippine embassy and processed a new passport with my husband's surname. I want to make sure who should undergo for Guidance and Counseling Program and should have a CFO sticker in their passports.
    There are lots of concern citizen like me who are confused and it will be helpful if you can clarify it.
    Thank you.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

This the response I've got.

Dear Mrs. Liddle,

Greetings from the Commission on Filipinos Overseas.

The guidance and counseling program conducted by the CFO is for all Filipinos who are spouse or partners of foreign nationals or former Filipinos who are already foreign national. You have not attended the guidance and counseling program before you went to UK then you are required to attend this program before you go back to UK. Please make an online appointment to get a slot. Online appointment can be made at www.cfo.gov.ph then click GCP Online appointment system.

In case you have further questions please feel free to email the sender.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Erlinda D. Pehle, RGC
    Emigrant Services Officer II
    Migrant Integration and Education Division
    COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS (CFO)
    Telephone no. : (+632) 554-4712
    Email : epehle@cfo.gov.ph

Respected Member
    Rose had to do this. Despite already living in the UK as Spouse when the rule came into force. We had to take time out of our holiday to visit the CFO session in Manila. Terrible organisation outside trying to get a 'slot' in the sessions too - but it turned out to be mostly OFWs heading to the US (a different session, maybe they teach them how to handle a gun in that session). There was a separate session for the few of the hundreds trying to get in at once (Philippine style queue) for UK/Italy on that specific day. Unless things have changed you should get there early - i.e. the night before to claim a place in the queue that becomes a scramble to get a slot in the next day's session.

I think it is only for those pre-ILR, not with ILR. Of course once you have a UK passport it won't be an issue.

To be honest I really find it so odd. When I researched for the things they discussed in the session it's really pointless attending it. But for the sake of CFO Sticker I have to.

Trusted Member
    Total nonsense and a waste of people's time and money.

'Nanny state' at its worst.

The Filipino people are treated like children, as well as prisoners in their own country.

OFW cash is eagerly received though (CFO probably sponsored by the banks).

Maybe the wonderful new leader can change things. ... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My husband thinks it's a total crap and a money making scam.

Trusted Member
    I agree with him !

I think there is a number in the Philippines you can call now to complain about anything I think it's 8888.

Thread Information