Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiya! newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Condolences, Sally. Having [previously] been widowed myself - in 1991, at age 47 in my case - I can, even now, still readily identify with the much more recent pangs of grief you're going through so soon after your sad loss.

However, what I found made things easier to bear, was the fact that, like yours and Keith's, ours had been a happy and fulfilling union ... one with lots of *precious memories to look back on. Indeed, to this day, I remember my GP's words at the time: "Although a person we hold most dear may have gone from our lives, the LOVE itself remains with us in our hearts forever".

As with me, it is *those that you'll cherish in the years ahead. Meanwhile, to this friendly forum and God Bless.
    Thank you Arthur!

Good morning everyone! Just want to acknowledge and thank all of you who welcomed me into this forum, sympathized with my loss but most of all for taking time out to share your thoughts/advice. The advice that I got would surely help me out in deciding what path to take in the future. I would also like to share with you a photo of me & Keith during happier times! Cheers!

Hi sally , a nice picture you have there.
    I love a good picture because that's where all our memories are plus a few in our thoughts too

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Hi sally , a nice picture you have there.
    I love a good picture because that's where all our memories are plus a few in our thoughts too
    Thank you Stevewool! The pic was taken when I finally said "I do" to my Keith...

Thank you Sally and a very nice Pic of you and your Keith to...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Thank you Sally and a very nice Pic of you and your Keith to...
    Thanks Harry!

BTW, big thanks to you all for the rep!

Hello everyone! as i've mentioned before in my last post, once my passport arrives I will have to start sorting out my ILR. sorry to post here but i just thought it would be much easier to recall on what had gone thru. for starter, the embassy took a long time to sort my passport out. filed my application for renewal last 26 may and after sending loads of email, which they never bother to respond to at all, and spending £20 plus phoning them, i got it eventually. mind you, the date on the passport says date of issuance is 04 Oct 2016 (btw, its printed in the old form & not the new one which they're bragging about! but i couldn't care less as long as i have my passport now ) anyways, here are some of my concerns and hopefully you can help me out please:

1) i plan to apply using premium service, can i pay my visa fee using VISA debit card? it says on the application that they only accept MAESTRO debit card which i dont have, nor a credit card or a checking account. tried calling them but can't get through for some reasons.

2) for confirmation only, i don't have to pay NHS surcharge as i am applying to remain in UK permanently?

3) Under Sec. 7.13 (Personal History) it says: how long have you lived in the UK? i arrived here august 2013 so is it safe to say i've been here for 4 years and 2 mos. now? next, provide details of absence of more than six months during that time:

date left the UK: 31/12/2014 returned on 03/02/2015 (holiday)
    23/01/2016 returned on 20/03/2016 (vacation)
    30/06/2016 returned on 11/09/2016 (vacation)

will this total more than six months? to be honest, i am really at a loss on where to start counting regarding dates

so that's all for now and would really appreciate your help please

Thanks everyone!

Sally

Hi Sally , glad to see you havent forgotten us your questions..

1. I always use my Visa Debit Card, never had a problem, so yes i think you will be okay using your Visa Debit.
    2. I dont think so, but im not 100% sure on this.
    3. August 2013 to October 2016 is actually 3 years 2 months, and finally yes your absence do total more than 6 months..

Hi Harry! thank you so much for the reply and i can now proceed with my application. so good luck to me and hopefully my visa will be granted

Quote Originally Posted by sally sanchez View Post
    Hi Harry! thank you so much for the reply and i can now proceed with my application. so good luck to me and hopefully my visa will be granted
    Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information