Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Come off it Michael, there's no way you are seriously telling us that you feed 2 adults for less than £18 a week
    You could not feed a baby on that amount unless it was breast feeding ," Ow the thought"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    The £600 a month I'm now saving is for the new house, Blinds, Light Fittings, plumbing jobs like outside tap and different taps for bath, electrical jobs like lighting and power sockets in loft, Kitchen unit rearranged to in order to place our new Miele tumble dryer, Purchase new Smeg fridge alarm system and our new Alfa Romeo twin air Mito, Landscape and plant up the garden also Pond to build then save more to go to Philippines and live it up, now you know what I'm busy saving for, oh almost forgot, new Oled 4k tv and a 4k Pioneer Blue Ray player plus some other electrical components to order from Russ Andrews. Now you know what I would rather spend on and nothing ever on credit
    I thought you was moving into a new built house, so why change so much, remember it's only best to spend so much if the house is yours, otherwise you are throwing money or giving money away,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    It really upsets me to see people wasting money on Mcdonalds and going to Gym instead of investing in a real home life, I see people waste money on credit cards finance ect instead of saving so they can pay outright for luxuries in life, also why don't parents teach children how to cook and be tidy and clean, discipline starts at home and should continue at school, really should start a new thread instead of going off topic Arthur
    You are right Michael , sorry Harry I shall start a new thread of wasting and saving money

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Well i dont think 20,s exist now most Brands seem to have cut down to packs of 19, Im told some even do 18,s but the cost varies anything between around £7 up to Im told B&H which are around £9....

I thank you all for your encouragement, and i really think with you guys behind me i can do this... I know its a case of mind over matter, but i have got hold of some patches and a nicorette inhaler...
    A friend of mine owns an off-licence and he says that by next year all cigarettes will be sold in 20's. Nothing else.

I smoke B & H Blue which cost £5.99 for 18 I think although I'm considering swapping over to vaping.

Good luck anyway with your quest to quit.

Thanks Jamie, Im starting to get withdrawal symptoms now... how did you guys get on, Im nibbling lots of rubbish, did you put weight on..

Good luck Harry , it all takes time, make sure you get some elasticated trousers and shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Thanks Jamie, Im starting to get withdrawal symptoms now... how did you guys get on, Im nibbling lots of rubbish, did you put weight on..
    I gained plenty of kilos due to eating snacks as a substitute.
    That when I started an excercise regime. Just simple stuff like daily walks and cycling.

Took me 2 years to lose that extra weight.

Harry, it's going to be very tough and you'll need to be strong. When you get the urge just do something (not eating) to get past it like it's just a gap between smokes.

Stay focussed and strong....

Trusted Member
    Don't get withdrawal symptoms.... get angry at yourself for being weak.

Keep busy and DISTRACTED.

I ate snacks (and still do), but affects depend upon your metabolism , exercise, etc. No excess
    weight gain for me... just look healthier !

Stay determined Harry !

Wishing you the very best of luck Harry, ........... you can do it!

My partner was prescribed Champex to give up his 30 cigarettes a day habit and hasn't looked back since his last one 5 years ago. He also took up running and then cycling to keep his weight at bay and is at his slimmest now, as well as having a much healthier and smoke free lifestyle

So Harry 4 days later from your last post, "HOWS IT GOING",

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information