Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Split up

Hi all,
    Sorry I haven't been around for ages but now sadly me and Carilene split up this weekend. I was so upset but I'm better now and ready to move on. She thinks I don't want to go to Phils but I wanted to go and see her and it was because of my work schedule that I couldn't make it and she took it the wrong way so that's it now. She told me never to call her again :( Hope and pray to find someone through here if anyone knows any genuine single girls.
    Many thanks

Sounds to me you weren't that serious. You only just split up and your ready to move on.

Good luck in your search

Thanks Slip.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Hi all,
    Sorry I haven't been around for ages but now sadly me and Carilene split up this weekend. I was so upset but I'm better now and ready to move on. She thinks I don't want to go to Phils but I wanted to go and see her and it was because of my work schedule that I couldn't make it and she took it the wrong way so that's it now. She told me never to call her again :( Hope and pray to find someone through here if anyone knows any genuine single girls.
    Many thanks
    They tend to misunderstand a lot of what one says Nick and it's so difficult to get them to understand what is said to them, anyway try try try again and better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    They tend to misunderstand a lot of what one says Nick and it's so difficult to get them to understand what is said to them, anyway try try try again and better luck next time.
    That is why you may say do you understand before moving on to the next sentence, and remember it works both ways too

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    That is why you may say do you understand before moving on to the next sentence, and remember it works both ways too
    I find that they say they understand because they don't want you to know they don't understand because they would feel ashamed!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I find that they say they understand because they don't want you to know they don't understand because they would feel ashamed!
    Look into there eyes and you know if they understood you or put it another way , they understand everything you say but are playing you along, " yes honey I do love you so much " get my drift

Women do have a habit of saying things they don't really mean in the heat of the moment so I wouldn't take it for gospel.

If you are looking for a Filipina though I know of some who are friends with the Pinay I'm coercing with currently. They're too scared/shy to use dating sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Women do have a habit of saying things they don't really mean in the heat of the moment so I wouldn't take it for gospel.

If you are looking for a Filipina though I know of some who are friends with the Pinay I'm coercing with currently. They're too scared/shy to use dating sites.
    Thanks Jamie. I'm interested. Yes I don't like using dating sites either because you don't know what the person is like.
    Cheers mate

I have to agree with Slip here. I don't know how long you were in a relationship but going from in a relationship to being really upset, now over it and on the look again all in one weekend doesn't sound to me like it was that serious in the first place.
    Just my thoughts, sorry to sound too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I have to agree with Slip here. I don't know how long you were in a relationship but going from in a relationship to being really upset, now over it and on the look again all in one weekend doesn't sound to me like it was that serious in the first place.
    Just my thoughts, sorry to sound too harsh.
    When I was a kid I had to learn to use a fountain pen..It had to be cleaned ,maintained and cared for and loved...
    Till the Biro`s came out then I slung it in the bin.
    Its a disposable/replaceable world these days!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    When I was a kid I had to learn to use a fountain pen..It had to be cleaned ,maintained and cared for and loved...
    Till the Biro`s came out then I slung it in the bin.
    Its a disposable/replaceable world these days!!
    Interesting analogy

I remember the days of the fountain pen too, then went onto cheap disposables which whilst useful they didn't give me the same pleasure as a thing of beauty and craftsmanship like a proper fountain pen.
    Now I use a carbon fiber Dunhill fountain pen, which is a pleasure to hold

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Interesting analogy

I remember the days of the fountain pen too, then went onto cheap disposables which whilst useful they didn't give me the same pleasure as a thing of beauty and craftsmanship like a proper fountain pen.
    Now I use a carbon fiber Dunhill fountain pen, which is a pleasure to hold
    My writing looked real good till I got that huge ink blob all over the white paper...Blotting paper was no help..
    You gotta love the Biro...I did...Best thing since sliced bread IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    My writing looked real good till I got that huge ink blob all over the white paper...Blotting paper was no help..
    You gotta love the Biro...I did...Best thing since sliced bread IMO.
    See, that's what happens when you don't service and look after your pen on a regular basis. They have a tendency for overfilling
    Have to disagree on bread as well, much prefer the loaf you slice yourself that way depending on your mood you can either have a small portion or a nice chunk Talking of which, I used to be a baker, hated the job but I kneeded the dough

Yes you're right there Simon. @Fred, it can be a disposable/replaceable world. Just have to go with the flow.

Trusted Member
    Whichever way you cut it... I like bread.. and my left-handed fountain pen.

and my left-handed fountain pen.
    Might be worth a few shillings!... Do they still have the antique road show these days?

Trusted Member
    Other people's 'antiques' is my household furnishings and everything else I use every day.

Hi all,
    Many thanks
    Sorry to hear that you and your girl split up. But one thing you should prepare yourself with ANY girl living in the Philippines is that you will have to go over and visit her eventually. No girl will wait around forever and no girl is going to be able to come and visit you in England first either, visa restrictions alone will prevent this. As mentioned in the other thread its probably best to just head out there and meet someone in person. Or get on a dating site and find a few women to talk to and then find "the one" and go and meet her in the new year. I know you said that you don't like them but you're limiting yourself if you are expecting to find someone on this site. I can't imagine that there are many single Filipina's on this site. Whatever you end up doing...good luck and stay safe.

Hi all,
    Many thanks
    Its always sad when someone breaks up, and its even worst when the other party does not want that to happen too.
    You are young and you have no ties either, go out and find that special one Nick, before someone else gets there first

Well well Nick the Liar is back.
    Nick you seriously need to give up and admit you have no intention of ever going to the Philippines. You're nothing but a dreamer.
    For the record I introduced Nick to an absolute beauty Marie was her name and we became FB friends. Nick would message me how much he had fallen for Marie and GOD had brought them together (Nicks very into God it goes down well with the Filipina ladies) Nick had intentions of visiting Marie albeit work permitting about 9 months after I introduced them.
    Then one Valentines day Nicky boy made a fatal mistake. He was tagged on FB by Carilene who he had sent a bouquet of flowers to and his lie was out. Problem is Nicky began to panic deleting everyone and trying to cover his tracks. To late the Jesus of Horsham was shown as a lying hypocrite.
    Please please everyone do not introduce anyone to Nick because it will all come to nothing. This all happened in February 2015 and I'll admit Carilene was a lovely looking girl who spoke good English because my wife and I exchanged messages with her. So in 18 months of being in "love" Nick couldn't make one trip to see her .
    Strange thing is Have a guess who Nick friend requested on Facebook two days ago ? Yep our lovely friend Marie. Sadly Nick she's moved on. She works in the middle east now and is not the slightest bit interested in having anything to do with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Well well Nick the Liar is back.
    Nick you seriously need to give up and admit you have no intention of ever going to the Philippines. You're nothing but a dreamer.
    For the record I introduced Nick to an absolute beauty Marie was her name and we became FB friends. Nick would message me how much he had fallen for Marie and GOD had brought them together (Nicks very into God it goes down well with the Filipina ladies) Nick had intentions of visiting Marie albeit work permitting about 9 months after I introduced them.
    Then one Valentines day Nicky boy made a fatal mistake. He was tagged on FB by Carilene who he had sent a bouquet of flowers to and his lie was out. Problem is Nicky began to panic deleting everyone and trying to cover his tracks. To late the Jesus of Horsham was shown as a lying hypocrite.
    Please please everyone do not introduce anyone to Nick because it will all come to nothing. This all happened in February 2015 and I'll admit Carilene was a lovely looking girl who spoke good English because my wife and I exchanged messages with her. So in 18 months of being in "love" Nick couldn't make one trip to see her .
    Strange thing is Have a guess who Nick friend requested on Facebook two days ago ? Yep our lovely friend Marie. Sadly Nick she's moved on. She works in the middle east now and is not the slightest bit interested in having anything to do with you.
    Just read this. I always thought Nick came across as a bit "different". Interesting to know a bit of his history, very strange guy

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Just read this. I always thought Nick came across as a bit "different". Interesting to know a bit of his history, very strange guy
    Ah well ... ... takes ALL sorts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah well ... ... takes ALL sorts!!
    ... 'twould be a pretty dull, boring existence if everyone turned out to be a "carbon copy" of one another!

Nothing wrong with being different. I'd put you in that category also although I wouldn't call you strange. A tinge of eccentricity maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Nothing wrong with being different. I'd put you in that category also although I wouldn't call you strange. A tinge of eccentricity maybe.
    No way Jose, I am perfectly normal'ish and have the psychiatry report to prove it. Nick came across as a bit drippy, needy even, maybe it was all that hiding behind the God-shield

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

No way Jose, I am perfectly normal'ish and have the psychiatry report to prove it. Nick came across as a bit drippy, needy even, maybe it was all that hiding behind the God-shield
    But did the shrinks know you go to Western Mindanao without a care in the world?

As for Nick, all I can say is that he came across as OK. Others have commented about him negatively but they know him better than I do. Perhaps he's not a bad guy per se, just mixed up and indecisive!

Trusted Member
    Oops.

I don't need this upset right now.
    I admit that what I've done in February 2015 was a very big mistake and I was going to tell about it but it felt not right yet.
    To tell you all the honest truth if I got back with Carilene or met another filipina I would definitly go and see her and it would be my dream to visit the wonderful Philippines and it's such a great country. I want you all to know that what I did was very wrong and I promise it will never happen again. I'm still upset by the split.

O dear, I always say be trueful to the people you speak too and be trueful to yourself, remember you both can be hurt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information