Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Rubbish Bin Collection

How often does your wheelie bin get collected? We just got a notice that we will start to replace the fortnightly collection by 3 weekly collection on October. Now we recycle a lot in this house and in our village, but even with fortnightly, we are already struggling with the rubbish bin because we have animal wastes (we have guinea pigs). We usually go to the tip (10 miles from us) to dump the ones that won't fit in the bin, and now that it'll be collected every 3 weeks, we surely know it will stink the garden and probably in the village!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Once a week, on a Wednesday

Every Monday for me.

Three weeks seems a long period to wait. Has Keith paid the Council Tax?

It's the whole Conwy Council. If the collection is on a Monday, they are collected every 4 weeks! Ours are collected on a Tuesday so it'll be every 3 weeks! Flipping council!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Vote them out, completely unacceptable. We get weekly collections for recycling and normal waste. Garden waste every 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Vote them out, completely unacceptable. We get weekly collections for recycling and normal waste. Garden waste every 2 weeks.
    Loads have complained and I believe even had a petition before they implemented it, but all still gone to deaf ears. When they asked for a survey about this last year, I've put loads of complaints in it, yet it seems it's gone straight to the bin as well!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Take your extra black bags to the council steps, that may sort them out, surely this could turn out to be a health hazard

Our bins are collected every other week, blue bin one week black bin the next week and so on

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    How often does your wheelie bin get collected? We just got a notice that we will start to replace the fortnightly collection by 3 weekly collection on October. Now we recycle a lot in this house and in our village, but even with fortnightly, we are already struggling with the rubbish bin because we have animal wastes (we have guinea pigs). We usually go to the tip (10 miles from us) to dump the ones that won't fit in the bin, and now that it'll be collected every 3 weeks, we surely know it will stink the garden and probably in the village!
    Surely your animal excluding doc and cat waste should go in your garden compost bin Rayna

We put our bin out once every two months and they are still hardly half full, been recycling for over 25 years now, if we get a big box like a large TV box I always stand next to the bin and tear it up into approx. 2inch pieces and they hardly take up any space also hedge and tree cuttings cut them up and put them in garden compost bin, neighbors have always said I'm crazy but the satisfaction from doing these things is everything is nice and tidy and never had problems with the bin men, also every time I clean and polish my car I do the wheelie bins also

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Our bins are collected every other week, blue bin one week black bin the next week and so on
    We have the same system but I only put mine out every 4th time which works out two months

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    We put our bin out once every two months and they are still hardly half full, been recycling for over 25 years now, if we get a big box like a large TV box I always stand next to the bin and tear it up into approx. 2inch pieces and they hardly take up any space also hedge and tree cuttings cut them up and put them in garden compost bin, neighbors have always said I'm crazy but the satisfaction from doing these things is everything is nice and tidy and never had problems with the bin men, also every time I clean and polish my car I do the wheelie bins also
    I think I'm beginning to appreciate your neighbours point of view

You polish your wheelie bin

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

It takes time but we all get there in the end

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

Yes I do also when emptied I just pour half a bucket of bleached water in the bin and brush with my soft sweeping brush to make it nice and shiny, and my brush is nice and clean too. When we lived in our apartment in Dumaguete we were in a first floor apartment and the steps plus a long veranda which ran along sixteen apartments was also mopped every morning at 4.30 am by me and it looked amazing and after about three months the owner got the security guard to do it at 4.30 am, he worked 15 hours a day for p200 so I used to give him p100 every day and he was a lovely young man

Can you remember the good old days when all you had was a small metal tub as a bin, in those day the bin men would come to your house empty that bin into there bin and swing it on there shoulder and off they went down to the lorry, if you had any other rubbish he would come back and do the same.
    When we was kids we use to chuck the extra bags into the back of the truck while they watch over us, and at Xmas there was always a few bob in a envelope for the bin men for all there good work,

Can you remember the good old days when all you had was a small metal tub as a bin, in those day the bin men would come to your house empty that bin into there bin and swing it on there shoulder and off they went down to the lorry, if you had any other rubbish he would come back and do the same.
    When we was kids we use to chuck the extra bags into the back of the truck while they watch over us, and at Xmas there was always a few bob in a envelope for the bin men for all there good work,
    Yes Steve it was a galvanized steel dustbin and in those days we were not made aware of recycling and all the fireplace ashes went in it

Yes I do also when emptied I just pour half a bucket of bleached water in the bin and brush with my soft sweeping brush to make it nice and shiny, and my brush is nice and clean too. When we lived in our apartment in Dumaguete we were in a first floor apartment and the steps plus a long veranda which ran along sixteen apartments was also mopped every morning at 4.30 am by me and it looked amazing and after about three months the owner got the security guard to do it at 4.30 am, he worked 15 hours a day for p200 so I used to give him p100 every day and he was a lovely young man
    Have you painted your house number on your bin Michael , if you have not i may be round and exchange it for my dirty fly infested , shared napkins and maybe the odd body fluid drips on tissues , but there is a big 55 painted on the bin , would this matter

How many of you clean your rain gutters every year? because I do and have done it for over 30 years, look what happens over the years when they are not cleaned, plus these jobs help keep you fit and save you lots of problems long term

How many of you clean your rain gutters every year? because I do and have done it for over 30 years, look what happens over the years when they are not cleaned, plus these jobs help keep you fit and save you lots of problems long term
    Michael, is the house yours or are you renting, now at your age going up ladders to the roof line i think is a little silly when there is no need, you have to sometimes think " what i am doing is it worth it",
    When its your own home there are jobs that you can do yourself and it only takes a few hours, but every year cleaning your gutters is a little to much , well thats unless you live in a forest.
    I have just had my chimney re-pointed and 12 frost effected worn bricks replaced and these was on the first floor so a ladder was needed, all this was done in 1 day , a fantastic job was done and all for £260,
    I am sorry to say at your age yes keep fit by doing certain but climbing ladders i would say is not one.
    When you say you are cleaning out your gutters is there someone holding the ladder while you are up there.

Surely your animal excluding doc and cat waste should go in your garden compost bin Rayna
    We have 2 big compost bin but it's already overflowing and we just empied it a couple of months ago. We change the guinea pigs beddings every 2/3 days or the house will stink. We have to go to the tip every 2 weeks to throw 5/6 bags of their wastes coz it doesn't fit to our bin after a week.
    -=rayna.keith=-

They alternate it here. Thursdays is recycling one week, black bags the next.

When we lived in Davao City rubbish was collected every day.

Here in Marikina we have collections on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
    Unlike in Davao, the rubbish must be sorted into biodegradable and non-biodegradable. They're very strict on it too.

What is classed as non-household waste needs to handled by the local office who collect it upon a phone call.
    Stuff like wood, metal, solvents, concrete, hollow blocks and the like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    When we lived in Davao City rubbish was collected every day.

Here in Marikina we have collections on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
    Unlike in Davao, the rubbish must be sorted into biodegradable and non-biodegradable. They're very strict on it too.

What is classed as non-household waste needs to handled by the local office who collect it upon a phone call.
    Stuff like wood, metal, solvents, concrete, hollow blocks and the like
    Sounds similar to our place in Angeles. 3 x a week and must be separated all for less than £100 a year and that includes CCTV coverage and 24/7 security

Tins and plastic bottles get collected and go down the junk shop for cash once every 2/3 months,Bottles get smashed up and mixed with concrete as required..
    The rest is incinerated in a good ole fashioned bonfire once a week. Job done.

Respected Member
    No, they explicitly tell people not to do this. Something to do with hygene, I'm not sure why either (our council sent a communication about dog poop - dog poop bags too).

Have you painted your house number on your bin Michael , if you have not i may be round and exchange it for my dirty fly infested , shared napkins and maybe the odd body fluid drips on tissues , but there is a big 55 painted on the bin , would this matter
    Have very neat number stickers on my bins and when I applied them on the three bins I used a spirit level to mark the bins so that every sticker was perfectly level and when the bins are lined up they look cool, also when we first moved here I bought two 3x2 paving slabs and painted them black setting them on some nice gravel perfectly level of coarse for the bins to sit on and they fit very neatly, ref the ladder Steve I run up it

Have very neat number stickers on my bins and when I applied them on the three bins I used a spirit level to mark the bins so that every sticker was perfectly level and when the bins are lined up they look cool, also when we first moved here I bought two 3x2 paving slabs and painted them black setting them on some nice gravel perfectly level of coarse for the bins to sit on and they fit very neatly, ref the ladder Steve I run up it
    The only ladders I run up Michael on the ones on stockings, and then I run up them with my wet tongue

Micheal..Post a picture of your bins please..I want to see if your bin stickers are really as level as you say and all line up plum and accurately..
    I`ll tell you if I think they are level or not etc..
    Cheers,
    Fred.

Trusted Member
    Now now boys.

I think my bin would take about 6 weeks to fill... and the bin man would laugh at my paltry contributions to the re-cycling boxes, even if put out fortnightly.

Some of my neighbours down the road make up for it by putting out about 500 Fosters cans, from what I saw the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Micheal..Post a picture of your bins please..I want to see if your bin stickers are really as level as you say and all line up plum and accurately..
    I`ll tell you if I think they are level or not etc..
    Cheers,
    Fred.
    Would love to Fred, but I don't know how to put photo's from a camera to a computer I'd have to ask someone to do it for me, wait until I move in a few weeks because the new neighbour is a single young Vet, so when I've introduced myself I will ask her to do it for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information