Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
How many of you clean your rain gutters every year? because I do and have done it for over 30 years, look what happens over the years when they are not cleaned, plus these jobs help keep you fit and save you lots of problems long term
Michael, is the house yours or are you renting, now at your age going up ladders to the roof line i think is a little silly when there is no need, you have to sometimes think " what i am doing is it worth it",
When its your own home there are jobs that you can do yourself and it only takes a few hours, but every year cleaning your gutters is a little to much , well thats unless you live in a forest.
I have just had my chimney re-pointed and 12 frost effected worn bricks replaced and these was on the first floor so a ladder was needed, all this was done in 1 day , a fantastic job was done and all for £260,
I am sorry to say at your age yes keep fit by doing certain but climbing ladders i would say is not one.
When you say you are cleaning out your gutters is there someone holding the ladder while you are up there.