Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
Yes, their seats are quite good. Bigger than most (esp. Virgn/BA/old Emirates 777s) and as much space as the new A380s from Emirates (but Oman Air fly A330s).
That sounds ideal. I'll definitely be able to relax a bit on those. I'm never comfortable on flights but if I can reduce the uncomfortability a bit then that's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
Flights are cheaper now than say five years ago. In the current climate I'd be looking to pay no more than £500 and I'm quite confident I could get a fare with one of the better airlines for that price. That's Heathrow to Manila by the way which usually is the cheapest route.

The most I've paid is £630 (June 2012) but I left the booking too late. Cheapest was £375 last November.
Wow, wish I could find them that cheap. How far in advance are you booking? I git one for £500 when booking in November for Feb travel but since then I've been paying £1000 with 2 months to the flight. I asked to use my air miles for a discount and so they knocked off £12. Pfft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
Wait till the heat hits you. You may think differently!
Haha, I don't do well in the heat when I'm there but I'm not as bad as I thought I would be. It was funny watching my fiancé here in July. It was a good, hot day in London, 25 degrees and she's saying she's too cold, haha. It was her first time away from the Philippines though. Next month I'm taking her to Scotland...she won't know what hit her.