Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You can get a 59 day visa by calling Philippine Embassy London and you will get it within three days, they will explain what to do. You pay your fee, send a prepaid addressed envelope and Passport, 'Bingo' your visa and Passport arrive more quickly than you can say Jack Robinson. Tel, 02074511814, 02074511805 or 02074511800. Good Luck
    Hmm, a plan is forming...thanks for the information.

Right, looks like a plan is coming together. Wedding is going to be in February, I plan on arriving on 28th January and wil have embassy appointment booked for 30th January, marriage certificate appointment for 31st and then the wedding on 25th February that is the 28th day of my visit. Will this be enough time for the marriage license to process etc you think?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Sorry. If you doubt my word, there is always google.
    I've had this confirmed now by the Philippines Bureau of Immigration. I'll keep the email...just in case.

Iv sent you a message Phil with regards to the Cathay 7 Day Sale, and also the link to PIC, i forgot to say with PIC there is an option for an Instalment method.. ie book your Flights, and pay over a period of time before you go..

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Right, looks like a plan is coming together. Wedding is going to be in February, I plan on arriving on 28th January and wil have embassy appointment booked for 30th January, marriage certificate appointment for 31st and then the wedding on 25th February that is the 28th day of my visit. Will this be enough time for the marriage license to process etc you think?
    Try again.
    Ideally you need to work your project plan backwards from the wedding day taking account of your departure date.

Once you've made eligible application for the marriage licence you need at least 10 days for the bans before the wedding can take place.

Your eligible application may well involve a counselling session. Take heed.
    Have your fiancee check out the local requirement and have confirmation.

On the other hand, if you're able to stray beyond your 30 days and you can manage the extra days from work then go ahead.

Do check everything and maker sure it all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You can get a 59 day visa by calling Philippine Embassy London and you will get it within three days, they will explain what to do. You pay your fee, send a prepaid addressed envelope and Passport, 'Bingo' your visa and Passport arrive more quickly than you can say Jack Robinson. Tel, 02074511814, 02074511805 or 02074511800. Good Luck
    Michael how do i get this Notary Public or Commisioner of Oaths for my Postal Application ?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Michael how do i get this Notary Public or Commisioner of Oaths for my Postal Application ?
    It was 2011 when I did mine but I seem to remember using a local solicitor and it cost me a fiver, I just called in a couple of solicitor's on chance and of course the second one obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Try again.
    Ideally you need to work your project plan backwards from the wedding day taking account of your departure date.

Once you've made eligible application for the marriage licence you need at least 10 days for the bans before the wedding can take place.

Your eligible application may well involve a counselling session. Take heed.
    Have your fiancee check out the local requirement and have confirmation.

On the other hand, if you're able to stray beyond your 30 days and you can manage the extra days from work then go ahead.

Do check everything and maker sure it all fits.
    My leave from work hasn't been approved yet but I think it will be but I don't think I will be able to take any more time off. My fiancé is going to go to the courthouse on Tuesday and find out more about the marriage licence, ie. Can we pay money to get it quicker etc. And then we are going to book a wedding date around that. Then I will book flights, book the embassy appointment (how far in advance can I do this?) and make an appointment for th marriage licence too. Then we will work around that. The current plan gives us 25 days from licence application to the wedding so that should be plenty shouldn't it? We are thinking of having the wedding 17 days after the licence application...would this be enough time? That would leave us a week to spend together after the marriage whereas having it 25 days later would mean that I have to go straight home the following day.

Things are coming together. My leave from work has been approved and I have my flights booked (£502 with Etihad via Philippine Island Connections). I arrive at 11pm on Saturday 28th January. I have my appointment booked at the embassy to hand in my affirmation on Monday 30th January. My fiancé and I then want to go to municipal hall to get the license on Tuesday 31st but that is not yet booked. I leave the Philippines at 6pm on Sunday 26th February, which is the 29th day of my stay. I'm then back in work on 1st March (boo!!)

One thing I want to ask if how much is the fee for the affirmation certificate? I have seen a price list online and I can't figure out which is the correct price. Also my appointment is with the Oaths, Affirmations and Affidavit department, is this right? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well done and your very welcome, good luck for the future enjoy your trip.

One thing I want to ask if how much is the fee for the affirmation certificate? I have seen a price list online and I can't figure out which is the correct price. Also my appointment is with the Oaths, Affirmations and Affidavit department, is this right? Thanks in advance for all the help.
    The Consular Fee Table can be found here:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...3_Jul_2016.pdf

You need to look under 401 (4) "Administering an oath, declaration or affirmation" which indicates a fee of (£50) Local P3,300

This can be confirmed if you review the British Embassy "Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Planning to Marry in the Philippines"
    Look at the "checklist of supporting documents" on page 2 where it states:-

" Payment of consular fee #4 for administering an affidavit or affirmation. Please refer to the
    table of consular fees for current rates in local currency. We accept cash payment only"

Take note of the caution NOT to sign your affirmation or affidavit before your appointment. You will sign this in the presence of consular staff.

My fiancé and I then want to go to municipal hall to get the license on Tuesday 31st but that is not yet booked.
    Be sure you and your Fiancee know beforehand extactly the processes and documents needed by the authorities where you'll apply for the marriage licence.
    Including whether or not you'll be expected to attend the counselling session.

One the application for marriage licence can be submitted it will take at least 10 days before release.

Anyway, it looks like you have plenty of time if you need it.

Good luck.
    Do check, double check and triple check.
    Do check all forms for mistakes and errors especially with spelling of names.

The Consular Fee Table can be found here:-
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...3_Jul_2016.pdf

You need to look under 401 (4) "Administering an oath, declaration or affirmation" which indicates a fee of (£50) Local P3,300

This can be confirmed if you review the British Embassy "Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Planning to Marry in the Philippines"
    Look at the "checklist of supporting documents" on page 2 where it states:-

" Payment of consular fee #4 for administering an affidavit or affirmation. Please refer to the
    table of consular fees for current rates in local currency. We accept cash payment only"

Take note of the caution NOT to sign your affirmation or affidavit before your appointment. You will sign this in the presence of consular staff.
    Thanks, I read through the paperwork on that site but I never saw the bit that said you are paying for Fee #4. I DID see about not signing it before the appointment, thanks for the reminder though. I need to print off my Affirmation in the next few days and then its sat waiting in the envelope with all my other paperwork.
    Be sure you and your Fiancee know beforehand extactly the processes and documents needed by the authorities where you'll apply for the marriage licence.
    Including whether or not you'll be expected to attend the counselling session.

One the application for marriage licence can be submitted it will take at least 10 days before release.

Anyway, it looks like you have plenty of time if you need it.

Good luck.
    Do check, double check and triple check.
    Do check all forms for mistakes and errors especially with spelling of names.
    My fiance has been to the municiple court in Bulacan and already got the list, so we are well prepared in that regard. We are slowly getting all the paperwork together now. She is coming back to England on Friday so we will talk some more about the wedding plans. We have found a nice place to stay in Quezon City, close enough for her to get to work and so on. I think I might book that in the next few days. Things are really starting to come together. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice and support. You lot are lifesavers!!!

I have been told that after the wedding ceremony I need to go to the registry office and officially register the wedding there. This ensues it will be recognised as legal here in England for visa purposes. Is this correct? I was told by a friend but he says he is unsure if that was the Philippines or Thailand.

I have been told that after the wedding ceremony I need to go to the registry office and officially register the wedding there. This ensues it will be recognised as legal here in England for visa purposes. Is this correct? I was told by a friend but he says he is unsure if that was the Philippines or Thailand.
    Phil,
    In principle your overseas (Philippine) marriage will be recognised as legal in the UK as long as you follow all the needed/legal/protocols in the Philippines, without any 'short cuts' or under the table expediting etc. (You know, that nudge nudge, wink wink stuff won't hold)
    There's no requirement to register the marriage in the UK. Actually, there is no way you can register an overseas marriage in the UK anyway.

My wife and I first got married in Japan under traditional Japanese style and rules. The British Embassy wouldn't accept the marriage as legal since we married in a way only legal for Japanese nationals.
    Eventually my wife entered UK as Fiance and we got married again once in UK.

She eventually convinced me to have a full blown Philippine wedding here. Actually a renewing of vows, but followed precisely the same protocols.

So I've been married 3 times to the same lady

Enjoy your wedding day Phil

I'd strongly suggest having the marriage certificate/contract expedited (at small extra fee) or it could take a long long time to come through.
    See here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....th-Certificate

Phil,
    In principle your overseas (Philippine) marriage will be recognised as legal in the UK as long as you follow all the needed/legal/protocols in the Philippines, without any 'short cuts' or under the table expediting etc. (You know, that nudge nudge, wink wink stuff won't hold)
    There's no requirement to register the marriage in the UK. Actually, there is no way you can register an overseas marriage in the UK anyway.

My wife and I first got married in Japan under traditional Japanese style and rules. The British Embassy wouldn't accept the marriage as legal since we married in a way only legal for Japanese nationals.
    Eventually my wife entered UK as Fiance and we got married again once in UK.

She eventually convinced me to have a full blown Philippine wedding here. Actually a renewing of vows, but followed precisely the same protocols.

So I've been married 3 times to the same lady

Enjoy your wedding day Phil

I'd strongly suggest having the marriage certificate/contract expedited (at small extra fee) or it could take a long long time to come through.
    See here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....th-Certificate
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I know that the marriage doesn't need to be registered in England, but I meant registering it in the Philippines. A friend of mine seems to think that after the actually wedding day you need to go somewhere and then register the marriage in front of a judge or something?? So is this right? Are there any steps to take after the marriage ceremony itself? The ceremony will be complete by a proper priest (girlfriends choice) and we will have the marriage licence by then also.

Speaking of the marriage licence I don't think the district where she lives offers any sort of expedited service, my fiancée asked when she went to meet with them a few months ago. They have said that the process is always quick when a foreigner is involved. Plus we plan on going to apply on 31st January and then the wedding will take place on 23rd February so I think that we should have plenty of time for it to arrive.

A good idea is to speak to each other on skype (if u don"t already) because and save screenshots. Skype"s good because it tells you how long a call lasts & you can post photos or msgs on there too.
    My filopine neigbour here in UK had her husband"s (who"s still in phillipines) visa refused because they only spoke on mobile phones so couldn"t easily prove they communicated

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    A good idea is to speak to each other on skype (if u don"t already) because and save screenshots. Skype"s good because it tells you how long a call lasts & you can post photos or msgs on there too.
    My filopine neigbour here in UK had her husband"s (who"s still in phillipines) visa refused because they only spoke on mobile phones so couldn"t easily prove they communicated
    Thanks for the advice. We do talk on Skype but we mainly use Viber. What's good about Viber is it allows you to save your conversations, which I have been doing since day 1 for this same reason. It will be thousands of pages to print though so not sure whether to just print a selection of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    That was real hard luck to be assessed solely on communication and then refused.
    So sad.

Thanks for the advice. We do talk on Skype but we mainly use Viber. What's good about Viber is it allows you to save your conversations, which I have been doing since day 1 for this same reason. It will be thousands of pages to print though so not sure whether to just print a selection of it.
    Just print a selection, it's what I did, around a dozen pages, none of the 50 shades of grey stuff! But stuff that shows you are committed also helps to put in a few pictures of you together at different times.

Thanks, just had a look through that. Everything should be fine I think. There are plenty of photos of us together, loads of messages to show them, me meeting her family, her meeting mine, both families will be at the wedding (apart from my mum who is too sick to travel) so I think we will be ok. The only thing that has me worried a little after reading that is the bit about money. I've just sent a large amount to her for down payment of our wedding planner and to pay the wedding venue. There will be more sizeable deposits to her account soon. I'll have to keep copies of the receipts for those things and also make a note of our conversations on Viber that confirms that these deposits were for the venue and wedding planner etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Just print a selection, it's what I did, around a dozen pages, none of the 50 shades of grey stuff! But stuff that shows you are committed also helps to put in a few pictures of you together at different times.
    Choosing selections of that would be difficult. I might just print off some random ones or go through to find the most relevant etc. That's s problem for another day, but good to know I don't have to send them all, thanks.

Can anyone please confirm or deny that I need to register the marriage after the ceremony in the Philippines? Thanks.

Can anyone please confirm or deny that I need to register the marriage after the ceremony in the Philippines? Thanks.
    I thought I already did that for you ?
    Where else would you register it apart from the NSO?

The authorities will be automatically informing the NSO.
    As I mentioned before you may want to consider having that expedited.

The only evidence of marriage needed for a UK visa is the NSO issued certificate.

I thought I already did that for you ?
    Where else would you register it apart from the NSO?

The authorities will be automatically informing the NSO.
    As I mentioned before you may want to consider having that expedited.

The only evidence of marriage needed for a UK visa is the NSO issued certificate.
    I thought you were simply talking about expediting the marriage licence. Apologies if I mis-understood. So the authorities will inform NSO and there is no need for us to do it ourselves? I understand the process to be this:

Affidavit at UK embassy

Marriage licence request (there may be extra seminars required depending on province etc)

Marriage ceremony when licence received.

Have I missed a step or is this everything? Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information