Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Try to have a 30 day stay in the Phils. That is the maximum allowed there without a visa.

It is your partner who needs to get a CENOMAR from NSO, not you. She will also need a Cedula.

The civil ceremony would normally take place in a local (partner's ?) town/city hall . Handily, this is also normally the location of the Registrar's office.

Your partner just needs to go along there ASAP to find out what their requirements from each party will be. They will often give out a printed list.

Some Filipino documents are available online now.

Google is your friend.
    What is a Cedula? Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me. Basically we need to choose a venue for the marriage and then ask them what we need before the ceremony and then set out gathering all the evidence? We can pre-prepare and get some of this beforehand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    It's true that the foreign partner doesn't legally need a CENOMAR. However many authorities are demanding it.

Your Fiancee needs to check the actual paperwork at the place of marriage. Everything needs to be checked.

Delays due to lack of documents isn't something you need.

The precise documentary requirement varies .....depending
    If the local authority is demanding one from me, how do I go about getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Do you still need to go to the pre marriage seminar before they allow you to get married? The person taking ours told us it's a waste of time unless you are teenagers. For people our age we should know about the birds and bees etc etc...
    They really teach you about all that? Hopefully I don't have to sit through a sex-ed class. Had enough of that when I was in school, haha. I suppose it could be good for young couples though.

I forgot to ask...but when you go to the British embassy with your affidavit...do you get the certificate straight away? Is this called a CNI or something??

Trusted Member
    Yes, they will give you the document during the appointment... and a letter to show to any Phils local registrar not up to speed with current British documents.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Cedula is a community tax certificate. Your gf is the one who can get it. She'll just have to go to their city hall and get one.

http://www.aplikante.info/how-to-get-cedula/

For your cenomar (or Certificate of No Marriage), your gf can get one for you from NSO. This is just to make sure that you are single and not currently married in the Philippines.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

CENOMAR's can be ordered online here:-

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

By coincidence we popped down to our Barangay Office and got a CEDULA for my wife today. It's still a much demanded ID here.

Securing ID's and proof of address or change of address can be quite time consuming here. As I've discovered.

Thankfully though it's not at all expensive. Just a few Peso
    Even for certification, notarisation affidavit etc it's really very low cost.

Yes, they will give you the document during the appointment... and a letter to show to any Phils local registrar not up to speed with current British documents.
    Thats good that they will issue one in the meeting. One less thing to be waiting around for. Presumably if we get everything beforehand the only document we need to wait for is the marriage license.
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Cedula is a community tax certificate. Your gf is the one who can get it. She'll just have to go to their city hall and get one.

http://www.aplikante.info/how-to-get-cedula/

For your cenomar (or Certificate of No Marriage), your gf can get one for you from NSO. This is just to make sure that you are single and not currently married in the Philippines.

#
    Might as well get a CENOMAR for myself too, thanks for the info. If you get one of these does that mean I don't need to go to the embassy with an affidavit?

Cenomar is completely different from the affidavit that you need from the embassy. You have to do both.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Cenomar is completely different from the affidavit that you need from the embassy. You have to do both.
    Thanks. I might get started on gathering these documents now. I think I will be spending all of February in the Philippines and will get married in this time I hope. Might as well start preparing now.

Some of the needed documents have an expiry.
    Check which ones before getting them.
    6 months is the usual validity period

You got there before me Peter.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    You got there before me Peter.
    Time difference Steve

Thanks for the warning on this. Maybe I will have a look at collecting them in November/December time if the wedding will be in February.

So can I confirm the process as being this:
    Take all my documents and affidavit to embassy and get CNI (is that what its called)
    Take CNI and all other documents for me and my wife to local town hall and get certificate of marriage (pay for expidited process)
    Get married!

I'm going to be there for 30 days starting at the end of January and running all through February, that should give plenty of time to get the CNI and marriage licsense (as long as I have these appointments in the first few days already pre-booekd) and then have the marriage on one of the last few days befroe I leave.

Also, the flights I have been looking at would mean that my return flight would be at 12:15am on the 31st DAY of my stay!! Would this be allowed as long as I am at the airport and clear security checks on the 30th day (last day allowed without a visa)? I asked the embassy this in London and they said to contact the department of immigration. When I go to their website it doen't load.

Trusted Member
    Last September I arrived at NAIA Manila September 2nd.

Embassy appointment Sept 3rd (commencement of 30 days visa waiver)... Affirmation etc expedited.

Up to province.

Organised everything associated with getting married at local municipal hall (by the mayor).

Wedding Sept 26th.

Plane back home departed Oct 2nd.

Last September I arrived at NAIA Manila September 2nd.

Embassy appointment Sept 3rd (commencement of 30 days visa waiver)... Affirmation etc expedited.

Up to province.

Organised everything associated with getting married at local municipal hall (by the mayor).

Wedding Sept 26th.

Plane back home, departed Oct 2nd.
    Doesn't the 30 day window start the second you arrive? I am planning arriving at about 11pm on January 28th, wouldn't that be day 1, january 29th day 2 and so on and so on?

30 days begins the day after your arrival I think

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Doesn't the 30 day window start the second you arrive? I am planning arriving at about 11pm on January 28th, wouldn't that be day 1, january 29th day 2 and so on and so on?
    Jan 29th will count as your first day.

Make a plan.... with dates.
    Organise your documents.
    Book appointment slot at the Embassy in Manila to coincide with your arrival best as possible.
    Organise the wedding date early. Important as sometimes it's tricky to find someone available for the wedding.

30 days should be plenty.....but do have a prepared plan and a check list.

Double check each and every document for any errors and spelling mistakes at the time of issue and get corrections made at that time.

Jan 29th will count as your first day.
    Where does it state that for certain? If I have it wrong it could have a massive impact on any potential returns to the country if I accidentally outstay my welcome/

Make a plan.... with dates.
    Organise your documents.
    Book appointment slot at the Embassy in Manila to coincide with your arrival best as possible.
    Organise the wedding date early. Important as sometimes it's tricky to find someone available for the wedding.

30 days should be plenty.....but do have a prepared plan and a check list.

Double check each and every document for any errors and spelling mistakes at the time of issue and get corrections made at that time.
    The wedding itself and dates should be set well in advance. All I need to worry about is getting the actual marriage license. Good to know 30 days will be enough. Cheers.

Trusted Member
    Sorry. If you doubt my word, there is always google.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Where does it state that for certain? If I have it wrong it could have a massive impact on any potential returns to the country if I accidentally outstay my welcome/

The wedding itself and dates should be set well in advance. All I need to worry about is getting the actual marriage license. Good to know 30 days will be enough. Cheers.
    There would be no impact on further return to the Phils aa long as you go to the Bureau of Immigration Office if you think your stay may be beyond 30 days.

Myself and my wife did it all in just 14 days with careful planning good luck...

Sorry. If you doubt my word, there is always google.
    It's not that I don't believe you. It just seems like the kind of thing that I should be 100% about before risking it.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    There would be no impact on further return to the Phils aa long as you go to the Bureau of Immigration Office if you think your stay may be beyond 30 days.

Myself and my wife did it all in just 14 days with careful planning good luck...
    I've been trying to contact them but their website doesn't load. Tried it on loads of different devices and asked my fiance to try accessing it in the Philippines but no luck. Good to hear you did it all in 14 days. I'm sure I can manage in 30.

If you are not sure, you can extend your visa on arrival at the airport. When you show your passport just say I want to extend my visa, and you will be directed where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    If you are not sure, you can extend your visa on arrival at the airport. When you show your passport just say I want to extend my visa, and you will be directed where to go.
    Really? Its that simple? Have you done this yourself, what is the process? If it's easy I might do it just to be on the safe side.

On a side note...do people think that Brexit will make it any easier/harder for us to bring our wives over or allow them to stay etc.

Really? Its that simple? Have you done this yourself, what is the process? If it's easy I might do it just to be on the safe side.

On a side note...do people think that Brexit will make it any easier/harder for us to bring our wives over or allow them to stay etc.
    Loads of people have done it (what jonnijon was saying). You have to pay a fee though. My husband has done it thru the hotel reception where we once stayed and we only have to wait a day at an extra fee.

Regarding Brexit, visa processing for non-EU residents won't be affected in my opinion. It's already hard enough as many would say. Brits taking non-EU spouse/partner here are mainly scrutinised more compared to the ones from EU countries. You need to have plenty of money
    to be able to nowadays.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Loads of people have done it (what jonnijon was saying). You have to pay a fee though. My husband has done it thru the hotel reception where we once stayed and we only have to wait a day at an extra fee.

Regarding Brexit, visa processing for non-EU residents won't be affected in my opinion. It's already hard enough as many would say. Brits taking non-EU spouse/partner here are mainly scrutinised more compared to the ones from EU countries. You need to have plenty of money
    to be able to nowadays.
    Haha, that's great to know. Seems like it's just an exercise in filling out s form and paying a fee. I might just do that if I can't find concrete confirmation of the rule. Can you remember how much the fee was exactly?

And as for money, you're right about that. I wouldn't be able to do it if I wasn't still living at my parents house and could save some money specifically for this purpose.

Haha, that's great to know. Seems like it's just an exercise in filling out s form and paying a fee. I might just do that if I can't find concrete confirmation of the rule. Can you remember how much the fee was exactly?

And as for money, you're right about that. I wouldn't be able to do it if I wasn't still living at my parents house and could save some money specifically for this purpose.
    We paid around PHP3,500 that time (that's including the fee charged by the hotel).

According to Google:

The cost for this first extension is 3,030 Pesos. When you are already 59 days in the Philippines and want to stay a bit longer, then your regular extension series starts. You have to show up at an office of the Bureau of Immigration a couple of days before your Visa Waiver expires.

https://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

Read more from here: http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-r...sa/visa-waiver

-=rayna.keith=-

We paid around PHP3,500 that time (that's including the fee charged by the hotel).

According to Google:

The cost for this first extension is 3,030 Pesos. When you are already 59 days in the Philippines and want to stay a bit longer, then your regular extension series starts. You have to show up at an office of the Bureau of Immigration a couple of days before your Visa Waiver expires.

https://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

Read more from here: http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-r...sa/visa-waiver

That ain't bad, thanks for the info. Where did the get the 59 day figure from that quote, I thought the maximum you can stay without a visa is 30?

59 day Visa is just over P3000 which is roughly £45

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    59 day Visa is just over P3000 which is roughly £45
    Is that 30 days original with 29 top up?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You can get a 59 day visa by calling Philippine Embassy London and you will get it within three days, they will explain what to do. You pay your fee, send a prepaid addressed envelope and Passport, 'Bingo' your visa and Passport arrive more quickly than you can say Jack Robinson. Tel, 02074511814, 02074511805 or 02074511800. Good Luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information