Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Marikina Weather Forecast for August........Oh Dear!

Need a brolly

Reduce the temperature and it could be a typical English summer.....

Home from home

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Reduce the temperature and it could be a typical English summer.....
    Hahaha That really tickled me

Is there flooding in Marikina near the Sports center, how home is not to far from there

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Need a brolly
    That's for sure...
    We finally ventured out to the supermarket in the rain each with our own umbrella and dressed especially for the downpour.

Had a great walk and a great time in the Riverbanks Mall.
    The local Savemore supermarket was busy installing their 'Flood Guardian'
    I asked if a flood was expected and they said yes maybe as the river now is lapping into the car parks

We had a snack whilst watching a talent contest in Riverbanks. As usual I was greedy with the foods and the beer.
    The singers in the talent contest were outstanding. I wouldn't want to be a judge.
    First prize P3k, second P2k and third P1k

It's hard to imagine such high level talent turning out in the severe rainstorms for that money. That's the Philippines

The rain seems to have slowed down now. Maybe it will stop raining tonight.

I bought a tin of Bostik Super Vulca Seal to try and fix my leaks (based on fred's recommendation)
    That'll have to wait until tomorow.
    Bet the rains stops and I wont be able to pinpoint the repair locations

Respected Member
    The river always overflows in Marikina and that area has always been prone to very bad flooding
    With that in mind i must say i am surprised that any ex pats choose to live there
    Yes i know the Philippines floods in many places but some ares are much worse than others

Surely when planning or relocating to live anywhere in the phills top of the list must be the flooding situation
    I was marooned in Pasig once for 3 days and its not a situation i would like to ever repeat

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    The river always overflows in Marikina and that area has always been prone to very bad flooding
    With that in mind i must say i am surprised that any ex pats choose to live there
    Yes i know the Philippines floods in many places but some ares are much worse than others

Surely when planning or relocating to live anywhere in the phills top of the list must be the flooding situation
    I was marooned in Pasig once for 3 days and its not a situation i would like to ever repeat
    LM, you really should temper that negativity and try a more balanced and knowledgeable approach.

I think it was Confucius who said "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    LM, you really should temper that negativity and try a more balanced and knowledgeable approach.

I think it was Confucius who said "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"
    Another famous Confucius quote was "Man who goes to bed with itchy bum wakes up with smelly finger"

I bet they don't either

We have a house in marikina and they have been lucky , just the one bad flood but that was human error, other then that it's OK, but just down the road a few mile it does get quite high,

Look at the world over, times are a changing, even here our house in England has been flooded, ok only in the cellar, but that was the first time ever, I am sure it will not be the last

Another famous Confucius quote was "Man who goes to bed with itchy bum ..."
    ............. 's one I can relate to, which ...

... is going to bed, with such an itch! <

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Look at the world over, times are a changing, even here our house in England has been flooded, ok only in the cellar, but that was the first time ever, I am sure it will not be the last
    We've owned our house in Marikina for over 20 years. Never been flooded, never ever could be flooded.
    As you say Steve, Marikina City is a place of highs and lows. Of course the lows are along the banks of river and well known for floods. Most of Marikina is high.
    Anyone who has first hand knowledge of Marikina would have appreciated the 'lay-of-the-land' so to speak.

I went for a walk to SM Marikina just a while ago.
    Riverbanks is only a few mins walk from my house (steep downhill going, steep uphill coming home )

From Riverbanks to SM Marikina City you can take a Taxi or walk. A walk over the Marcos Bridge (and Marikina River ) from Riverbanks is just a few minutes. By taxi it's a good 10 minutes and around P80-P100

From what I saw tonight the river is probably around 12 - 15 inches from flooding into the road.
    Probably a metre from flooding into the Riverbanks area and maybe the Shopping centre.
    Also it could be inches deep in the basement parking of SM Marikina

I've not yet been to the Marikina Sport Centre Steve so can't say anything about that.

As reported at the time, blocked drains and ssewerage system together with stacked uncollected domestic waste were major factors in the flood.
    Pretty much the same all over NCR although some improvements have been made.

I'll try and post some pics later.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Its nothing to do with negativity its about positively finding out about where one is going to live
    Are suggesting that finding out in advance if a certain area where you are planning to live is prone
    to flooding is a bad idea?
    I lived through it and the putrid smell once the water has gone and i hope others don't have to experience it

Its nothing to do with negativity its about positively finding out about where one is going to live
    Are suggesting that finding out in advance if a certain area where you are planning to live is prone
    to flooding is a bad idea?
    I lived through it and the putrid smell once the water has gone and i hope others don't have to experience it

You just don't get it do you
    Let me try and explain..... It's about your negative attitude towards everything, you never have a positive or good thing to say about anything. Even if you had read Terpe's post above yours you'd have realised that he'd done his due diligence about flooding before buying the house.
    Try saying something nice for once, or maybe even just agreeing with someone rather than being antagonistic all the time

Respected Member
    You just don't get it do you
    Let me try and explain..... It's about your negative attitude towards everything, you never have a positive or good thing to say about anything. Even if you had read Terpe's post above yours you'd have realised that he'd done his due diligence about flooding before buying the house.
    Try saying something nice for once, or maybe even just agreeing with someone rather than being antagonistic all the time
    Oh dear you are not the sharpest tool in the box are you

You post pics of your Angeles mansion on here and then attack people on an open forum
    I don't care what you think of my posts and i find your silly point scoring posts rather pathetic

Look at these awful unions getting the workers back the pay they were entitled to
    I suppose the disgusting creature billionaire Mike Ashley would have paid it out anyway even if the
    union was not around

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37085244

You post pics of your Angeles mansion on here and then attack people on an open forum
    I don't care what you think of my posts and i find your silly point scoring posts rather pathetic
    I'm glad you took the effort to read my posts and look at the pictures of my garden in Angeles

I do hope there wasn't some sort of veiled threat behind that comment though

Look at these awful unions getting the workers back the pay they were entitled to
    I suppose the disgusting creature billionaire Mike Ashley would have paid it out anyway even if the
    union was not around

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37085244
    Ok, Enough of the name calling LM. You are on borrowed time if you have nothing positive to add to threads. We all like lively debate, but you want to push everyone because you think you are always right.

Be warned.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

LM can I ask you how do you know all there is to know about the Phil's,did you live there and for how long.
    Like I have said our home is in marikina and having only been on long holidays I know I still have lots to learn .

LM can I ask you how do you know all there is to know about the Phil's,did you live there and for how long.
    Like I have said our home is in marikina and having only been on long holidays I know I still have lots to learn .
    Steve...He is just jealous of working class guys like us with homes here in paradise.
    In many ways I can understand his resentment given the circumstances his life as an internet troll portrays.
    Forgive and forget...Water off a ducks back.

Because we live abroad people think we are rich. I live here just on pension alone. If I was in the UK I would have to be cap in hand for benifits.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Because we live abroad people think we are rich. I live here just on pension alone. If I was in the UK I would have to be cap in hand for benifits.
    If I went back there I`d have to work.

Sod that!

Respected Member
    I lived in Cainta for 6 months which happens to be not a million miles away from Marikina
    Flooding varies a lot over there as i know one street in pasig in which one end always floods
    and the other end remains flood free

Local knowledge is paramount when choosing to live anywhere over there

http://www.nababaha.com/flood/metro_...ro_manila.html

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Steve...He is just jealous of working class guys like us with homes here in paradise.
    In many ways I can understand his resentment given the circumstances his life as an internet troll portrays.
    Forgive and forget...Water off a ducks back.
    I suppose its all fine you throwing insults around being a moderator !
    I suggest you and the other mods live by the rules you govern by

I don't think there is envy on my part at all as you are the one who chooses to live in a country governed
    by a madman

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Ok, Enough of the name calling LM. You are on borrowed time if you have nothing positive to add to threads. We all like lively debate, but you want to push everyone because you think you are always right.

Be warned.
    I don't see any name calling there i just clearly stated the facts
    I suggest you review his smarmy posts directed at me of which most of the time i ignore
    Its fine for him to jump on my posts with silly comments but i am not allowed to even reply
    I respond once and all you can do is warn me i don't call that fair treatment at all

Please explain this section of your post.
    If a member decides to post pictures of his personal property and home in the general forum,it means he trusts us enough to view them..
    Anyway..He posted those ages ago and since you have reminded me, I thank him again for them.
    What we do not appreciate is your crass attitude and snide "mansion" remark which was unnecessary.
    2 people thus far have interpreted it as a veiled threat..
    If it was me,I`d just apologize to the guy so that we can just move on to more productive stuff..

Thread Information