Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Visa denied....

Visa denied....

Yes, i finally got my result last Monday and my visa got refused..Said while i have shown that my bf has travelled to the Philippines i have not provided any evidence that we actually met. On this. i am guilty as charged, coz i forgot to bring our photos to submit it with them. In addition, ECO considered my personal and financial circumstances here in the Philippines. Though they say being unemployed is not necessarily an obstacle in getting a visa it does demonstrate lack of ties. And also pointed out that i stated i have a daughter but didn't provided as to who will take care of her during my stay in UK, which i think they overlooked my documents because i submitted a certificate of guardianship from DSWD that my bro will take care of her, though i forgot to mentioned it in my cover letter. And i have no assets and properties and the last, is that ECO is not satisfied that i will maintain and accomodate myself during my stay in the UK or meet the costs of my return when infact in my bf's letter he did say he will finance all my expenses.Now my bf's plan is to take a holiday again next month, and want me to reapply. I'd like to know if this is too soon to redo it. I know i can't own property as i am poor i can get a job thats for sure, but my bf will be here next month and we plan to have a tour just to get stamps in my passport and no company will allow to go on leave if you are a newbie..Need guidance..

Snap! Just this morning - as it happens - my Filipina wife received an email from her *niece in Hartlepool, England ... informing her that *her daughter's Filipino boyfriend had been refused a visa for a number of reasons similar to those you've received yourself.

Like you, he doesn't have a job at present [he's a student] ... and, even though his family were going to be funding his [proposed] trip, the ECO "wasn't satisfied that once here, he'd be in a position to support himself financially" ... ... despite his girlfriend's mother (my wife's niece) and myself acting as his joint sponsors.

Now the thing is, this young couple are planning to marry next year in the Philippines. But, as his co~guarantors, neither the girl's mother nor myself wished to divulge their relationship in our covering letters - being only too well aware that the Embassy would likely suggest the guy should defer any application until nearer the time of their wedding and then apply for either a Fiance or Spouse Visa instead. Which, of course, considering that one or either of the partners MUST earn a minimum income of £18,600 a year, would've been completely out of the question.

So if this response of mine comes across as somewhat negative. Tbh ... I'd wanted to apply for a Visitor's Visa on behalf of my [then] lady friend after we'd met for the first time only to be told such visas were "a bit of a lottery" since applying for one was akin to "getting blood out of a stone" - and that was almost 8 years' ago!!

Oh yes, one can reapply, ... nonetheless, there's no guarantee a SUBSEQUENT outcome would be any different, bearing in mind your current situation. Whilst there is a 'Right Of Appeal' with Settlement Visas ... with Tourist Visas NO such right exists, unfortunately.

Alas, there have been very MANY changes to the Settlement Visa System since my wife applied for her Spousal Visa back in January 2009 ... the introductions of the aforementioned Minimum Income Level, English Language competency and the need for Tuberculosis Testing among them.

However, DON'T be put off by the rather gloomy picture I've painted, ... we're lucky, in that, one of my fellow Moderators - who posts under the pseudonym Terpe - is extremely well~versed in ALL sorts of visa issues, and I'm sure he'll be delighted to advise you on your BEST way forward.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 13th August 2016 at 14:26.

Thanks Arthur! You were right getting a visit visa is like a lottery. That's why i'm confuse if it should be done to reapply soon or wait few months.

Hi Red2Blue,

I assume you are talking about a tourist visa ?

The tourist visa can, in many ways, be a very tricky one when it comes to meeting the requirements and demands of the ECO. This is especially so when your personal circumstances are as you mention.

The major consideration is to convince the ECO that your reasons to return home to the Philippines are greater than those to remain in the UK beyond the expiry of your visa.

Unless your the evidence to be submitted will change significantly the result will be another refusal.

There are many postings here in the forum giving very detailed information on exactly what to submit in order to overcome the presumptions by ECO's of immigration intent. Please do take time to review them, I sure it will help to clarify things in your mind.

Trusted Member
    Red2Blue, it is BECAUSE you are poor and have a boyfriend here that the British government need to be confident that you are not likely to become an illegal 'overstayer'.

That is the whole focus of of the Entry Officer's decision-making process when considering your application.

i am actually reading threads with similar situation like me and getting some tips which can be use once we are ready to re-apply. Thank you for your response Terpe.

My bf will take a holiday next month he said to prove that ours is a genuine relationship. From there we can make a plan on how to improve reasons for refusal. They said its not genuine because i did not submit our photos together which my bf said its vital. They didn't consider it even i submitted our flights together and our accomodations when he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Red2Blue View Post
    My bf will take a holiday next month he said to prove that ours is a genuine relationship. From there we can make a plan on how to improve reasons for refusal. They said its not genuine because i did not submit our photos together which my bf said its vital. They didn't consider it even i submitted our flights together and our accomodations when he's here.
    My suggestion is not to put the focus on the relationship.
    Put the focus on evidence that you have a greater need to return home than stay in UK beyond visa expiry.

The ECO's will often try and document as many reasons as possible to deny your application.
    There is no requirement that you have actually met, or indeed have a serious relationship, only that their are adequate funds available to you to support the duration of the visit (from friends or family etc) and that on the best of probability, you will return home.
    Actually under your own circumstances I suggest not to place so much focus on the relationship as it is likely to work against you rather than for you.

The issue of being able to support yourself while in the country was a concern for my fiancé when she applied for a visit visa in May. She works but doesn't have any savings, which I was told was a big part of being able to prove she can support herself. I think they think that in a worse case scenario and you and your boyfriend break up while on your trip, how would you support yourself? To combat this I got letters from my parents (who own the house she would be staying in for majority of the visit) to also write a letter guaranteeing her a place to stay. I also sent in hotel booking confirmations for the places we planned to stay during her visit. Not only that but I put £700 in to my girlfriends bank account. This showed she had "savings" and could support herself. She then got this money changed into pounds and brought it back to me when she arrived in the country. If your boyfriend can do this then give it a try.

Thread Information