Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Filipinos in UK upset over 'racist' joke on BBC program

Just a stupid and unnecessarily insensitive comment by an ignorant English bitch that is anti funny.
    I hope that Brit Filipino`s continue to protest until she get on her knees and begs for forgiveness for insulting our kids.
    She deserves a huge slap IMO.

Last edited by Arthur Little; 11th August 2016 at 00:52. Reason: I pressed the wrong key!

I think this happened a few years ago Fred. I remember seeing the clip. This so called "comedian" is from Canada by the way.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    This was AGES ago and she already apologised for this when she found out that many got offended. I've watched this episode and Keith and I were laughing! Some Filipinas I know who live here in the UK even told me it was funny as well! Too many gets butt hurt so easy when this was a comedy show. I doubt if she said Indian kids or other nation's kids, they would just laugh it off and ignore it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Amazing, considering how suffocatingly PC the pain in the butt unpatriotic BBC have been for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    This was AGES ago and she already apologised for this when she found out that many got offended. I've watched this episode and Keith and I were laughing! Some Filipinas I know who live here in the UK even told me it was funny as well! Too many gets butt hurt so easy when this was a comedy show. I doubt if she said Indian kids or other nation's kids, they would just laugh it off and ignore it.
    OK..saw this only today so had no idea about how old the story was..
    Nothing funny about what she said about Filipino kids IMO comparing them to nothing more than lab rats...
    That is nothing to do with British humour ...
    Laugh all you want...I for one do not accept her apology..
    The woman is a ....... disgrace IMO.

There are more racist statements coming from Trump & his supporters compared to this. I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.

I've watched the first season of Absolutely Fabulous and Jennifer Saunders told to her daughter there that instead of her cooking all the food and doing all the stuff to just hire a Filipina maid. I think I need to complain. Oh I'll brought up again the skit from Little Britain and the scene from Desperate Housewives. Also when the American actress called Manila a ghastly place.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

There are more racist statements coming from Trump & his supporters compared to this. I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.
    I definitely do not agree..
    Trump is NOT a racist at all... He just wants to protect innocent Americans.
    If you look at the terrorist attacks in Europe and most of the western world in the last 15 years,how many of them have been orchestrated by people of the Muslim faith?? You dont have to know about rocket science to have a clue at the answer.
    Look at it like this... If you go into a cafe that only sells bacon and pork sandwiches,what are the chances that you will be sitting next to a one day potential suicide bomber??
    In reality we have to have leaders that can protect us without worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals that attack their every proposal thats based on pure math and common sense..
    Its up to angry Muslim communities to rout out the evil amongst them and clean up their ugly act...
    Not non Muslims.. WTF has their culture to do with us??
    This doesnt really seem to be happening and thats why I am fast becoming a true blue and proud islamaphobe..
    There!!!! I said it.

Mexicans and the Latin Americans are not Muslims, well most obviously.

I pity and despise people who generalise based on religion and race. There I said it.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Mexicans and the Latin Americans are not Muslims, well most obviously.

I pity and despise people who generalise based on religion and race. There I said it.
    Trump has NO problem with Mexicans that live and work in the U.S legally!!!!
    What he has a problem with is them entering the country ILLEGALLY!!
    Many Latino`s crossing the border ILLEGALLY are in fact MEXICAN criminals either dealing in smuggled drugs or fresh out of Mexican prisons and commit murders like that of innocents such as Kate Steinle..
    This will STOP if DT becomes President because he proposes a big beautiful TRUMP wall !!
    He also says that huge wall will have a huge and very pretty door to allow those Mexicans that wish to enter the country LEGALLY!!!
    You shouldnt watch to much CNN (Clinton news network) or the BBC as it can effect one`s judgement...

You should stop watching Fox News
    -=rayna.keith=-

worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals

I have to take offence to this, am not a liberal

Also when the American actress called Manila a ghastly place.
    Lets face it...It really is!

I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.
    What exactly did he say Rayna??

IF (and I hope so) he becomes the new POTUS, does the idiot Congress man that proposes he be banned from entering the Philippines have any idea just how many USD that the U.S hands over to the R.P every year is risking??
    How dumb is that??
    Now thats what I call onion skin DUMB!!

You should stop watching Fox News
    Unfortunately I cannot receive FOX news on this poxy cable network I`m hooked up to..
    Sounds good though!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals

I have to take offence to this, am not a liberal
    So are you wool by name and woolly by nature Steve??

You can Google right? I'm not affected by what Trump said as I think he's just a big fat joke. At least Catherine Ryan said her line in a comedy show with mostly of a satire content. Trump spouts his gobs on his presidency campaign when his supporters think he's serious!
    -=rayna.keith=-

You can Google right? I'm not affected by what Trump said as I think he's just a big fat joke. At least Catherine Ryan said her line in a comedy show with mostly of a satire content. Trump spouts his gobs on his presidency campaign when his supporters think he's serious!
    Come on Rayna...Tell Keith to stop watching CNN and stop making you post for him!!
    Its been so long since we have had a good row!!

Keith hasn't been to the forum for ages! Stop watching Trump then you'll notice.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Keith hasn't been to the forum for ages! Stop watching Trump then you'll notice.
    OK..Sorry boss man..
    Gotta love Trumps new tax plan though...You have to admit..
    It`s pretty damned cool.
    With any luck the Britex leaders will follows his lead.

Rayna's comical when she's on one!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Did the lady say we don't tax our animals? because I don't understand where the so called joke is

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Did the lady say we don't tax our animals? because I don't understand where the so called joke is
    In this segment of Mock the Week, the topic was "Unlikely lines from a cosmetics commercial". She said "We don't test any of our products on animals. We use Filipino children." I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.

If you watch Mock the Week, you know the format of the show and should never take anything of it seriously. If you are someone who gets offended at the slightest comment like "you're ugly", "you're fat", etc. then don't watch this show and the likes of it because you'll definitely get worse comments than those. It's like Little Britain but with 6 stand up comedians outdoing each other with their comical statements in front of a live audience.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.
    I would have reacted in exactly the same way..
    Sick jokes about kids were always off range for decent Brits..
    Perhaps those days are gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Me either Micheal..I guess one has to be `moderne` to get it..
    If she had of made a clever quip about islam then thats when we would have seen the fatwas`s and daggers...
    She knows she cant do that so she targets kids nalang..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    In this segment of Mock the Week, the topic was "Unlikely lines from a cosmetics commercial". She said "We don't test any of our products on animals. We use Filipino children." I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.

If you watch Mock the Week, you know the format of the show and should never take anything of it seriously. If you are someone who gets offended at the slightest comment like "you're ugly", "you're fat", etc. then don't watch this show and the likes of it because you'll definitely get worse comments than those. It's like Little Britain but with 6 stand up comedians outdoing each other with their comical statements in front of a live audience.
    Thank you Rayna, I understand now yes the comment is rather racist but as you say not to be taken seriously, I must admit never watched Mock the week or Little Britain!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    So are you wool by name and woolly by nature Steve??
    No just hairy all over

That's the problem now days, different things effect different people,
    Live and let live, but don't you dare mention my family, I DO LOVE THEM ALL, really

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Me either Micheal..I guess one has to be `moderne` to get it..
    If she had of made a clever quip about islam then thats when we would have seen the fatwas`s and daggers...
    She knows she cant do that so she targets kids nalang..

(Christian) Filipinos are an easy target.

They don't whine and whinge, or blow you up when they don't share your sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    (Christian) Filipinos are an easy target.

They don't whine and whinge, or blow you up when they don't share your sense of humour.
    Yeah, like when Justin Bieber posted this photo and everyone got butthurt and offended and threatening to kill him!

-=rayna.keith=-

People who take a thing out of context will always get butt hurt. I dare any of you lot to watch Jimmy Carr and not feel butt hurt in some form. It is comedy. It is satire. People need to grow up and see the whole picture in context. Mock the week is a great and funny show.

https://youtu.be/3y_V4rO-ZnQ

Jimmy Carr takes the pee out of anything and anyone, watch around the 8 to 12 minute time if you want to be offended.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    People who take a thing out of context will always get butt hurt. I dare any of you lot to watch Jimmy Carr and not feel butt hurt in some form. It is comedy. It is satire. People need to grow up and see the whole picture in context. Mock the week is a great and funny show.

https://youtu.be/3y_V4rO-ZnQ

Jimmy Carr takes the pee out of anything and anyone, watch around the 8 to 12 minute time if you want to be offended.
    I like Jimmy Carr. Keith and I watch his tv shows all the time.

Frankie Boyle is even worse (I rate him the worst honestly. Sometimes I do get cringe with him)! Ramesh Ranganathan (British) take a pee about his Sri Lankan descent, Russell Peters (American Indian) takes a pee about Indians and any other nationalities! Maybe we need to picket and rally wherever they have shows.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information