Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

's after ruling over Cuba for [almost] half a century, until he was eighty~two!
    ... that said ... ... I retired from my main job at an age equivalent to the number of years he'd served as leader - and I've never regretted doing so for one moment!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Half the countries in the world are ruled over by geriatrics, aren't they ?
    Ahhhhhmmm does that mean there is hope for Corbyn yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Ahhhhhmmm does that mean there is hope for Corbyn yet?
    Probably does, yes. Because when I retired in 1993, I'd been widowed for roughly a year and a half; my family had already grown up and, at 49, I was living in what was then regarded as a "young man's world" ... which, effectively, meant I was going nowhere, workwise.

But times have changed - thankfully - and so men of Corbyn's vintage are now looked upon as still being able to offer a useful contribution to society in terms of BOTH their knowledge and experience.

!
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 16th August 2016 at 00:30. Reason: Added another icon

Trusted Member
    Arthur, fess up.

You like him because he's got a white beard.

Respected Member
    enjoy watching this debate between you two guys, Im a DU30 fan having seen first hand, how much he is respected in Davao, i have to say he won the election hands down, and is what the Philippines need. as for the anti DU30 comments it seems most of it comes from whats reported online, why dont you go and check out facts for yourself.. It seems to me these so called drug barons and dealers have been having a pretty easy life of it so far.. up until DU30 called them out..

Of course all these people in public office who make money through drugs are going to be screaming things against DU30 everyone knows corruption is rife in the Philippines, surely its a good thing to try and stamp it out.. what does it say about Phills that it takes a 71 year old man, who should be enjoying his retirement to have to attempt to do it for them..
    Of course go out and arrest all these drug dealers and lock them up

My problem is people being murdered by the police without having any fair trial

Respected Member
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...l-for-dictator

The crackpot Duterte thinks Marcos should have a heroes burial because at some stage Marcos was a soldier
    I suppose he overlooked the Marcos reign of terror where thousands of people lost their lives at the hands of the military

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37076080

Duterte has much in common with Marcos and his human rights violations
    History is repeating itself right now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ns-nick-davies

Plunder on a shocking scale

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

So prove it...Talk is cheap.
    Round here there have been killings no doubt about it.. My BIL just told me his mechanics son was just shot and killed 2 days ago... They know who did it..
    The victim was a shabu user that had not yet surrendered..The dealer whacked him because if he did surrender he would have had to grass him up...Dealers that have been grassed up shoot back at Police to avoid the consequences of their deeds.
    2 more youngsters shot a few days ago for the same reason.Its very very sad what these monsters are prepared to do to save their own skins.
    Thats what is happening according to local Boholano`s..
    If police were running around murdering local users as you say it would be all over the jungle wires.
    It is not.
    If that changes,I am happy to report it here in this thread.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Bring in the same laws as Singapore!

In San Fernando, Cebu the brother of the vice mayor who happens to be well connected and a BIG drug lord have surrendered and admitted that some policemen and generals are in his payroll. This town is next to my hometown where you can buy shabu in broad daylight. I'm against the unlawful killings. But sometimes you can help but think of which is the lesser evil thing to do.
    To let the drug users kill innocent people while they're high on drugs includeing raping their own daughter or gunning down the obvious root of the cause of the cause
    Life as we make it

I think this is an instance where things will get worse before they get better, but there is no doubt that if DU30 can make the whole of the Philippines similar to Davao; No Smoking (Im a Smoker) in public, No Kids on the street after a certain time, No drinking after a certain time, No dogs roaming the streets, No Firecrackers, Not getting ripped off by Taxi Drivers, and Im sure there are many other things he has done to improve life in Davao of which im unaware of, then it will help the Philippines move forward. Much of this can be done quickly but its such as the Drug situation that cant be done overnight which tend to get highlighted, sorting out the Corruption cant be done overnight, these things take time, and bring with them the hidden and obvious dangers to DU30, Im sure even now there are Plotters working on ways to have him removed be it either legally or illegally...

Respected Member
    I think this is an instance where things will get worse before they get better, but there is no doubt that if DU30 can make the whole of the Philippines similar to Davao; No Smoking (Im a Smoker) in public, No Kids on the street after a certain time, No drinking after a certain time, No dogs roaming the streets, No Firecrackers, Not getting ripped off by Taxi Drivers, and Im sure there are many other things he has done to improve life in Davao of which im unaware of, then it will help the Philippines move forward. Much of this can be done quickly but its such as the Drug situation that cant be done overnight which tend to get highlighted, sorting out the Corruption cant be done overnight, these things take time, and bring with them the hidden and obvious dangers to DU30, Im sure even now there are Plotters working on ways to have him removed be it either legally or illegally...
    Duterte does have some good ideas i am willing to admit that
    Alcohol consumption and those late night Karaoke bars are 2 that spring to mind
    Corruption is so widespread there and at all levels that will take forever to sort out

Let's review this issue in 12months time when he's settled in

My father was killed during marcos time. I have no problems him being buried in the heroes burial. He is long time dead and have nothing to do with the present. What is done is done. Learn from the mistakes in the past and move on. At least Philippines have a true leader whose interests are serving the Filipino people and not the oligarchs. If Duterte would keep chasing the oligarchs who are crooks like previous administration did, nothing will happen to the poor filipino people.

You have to be a Filipino to truly understand what is it like to be.

Sure I don't like the killings. A barangay captain cousin of mine who is a drug pusher, who at one point shoot my brother on the foot for not able to pay for the shabu my brother owed years ago has been killed, not by the police ir army but by one of the hired killer. I feel sad for what is going on why.this have to be this way. But it is better than my brother. Right?
    Life as we make it

Trusted Member
    From an outsider's point of view, the majority of Filipinos appear to have been sucked dry by a small minority of crooked people running the show... for several hundred years.

Worst of all, they have been (and still are) under the jackboot of, and straightjacketed by the Roman Catholic church from birth to death.

Add to that an appallingly low standard of education, rife and blatent discrimination in for instance, employment, and you produce a country that will struggle for a very long time in the future. Sad.

They dont teach evolution in school thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Arthur, fess up.

You like him because he's got a white beard.
    ... y'mean like me? , Graham ... I'm just pleased that, in common with the subject of this thread, a man of his generation still has lots to offer ... based on the wisdom of maturity in contrast to the heavy responsibilities shouldered at a considerably earlier stage by younger politicians such as Bliar and Cameron.

Trusted Member
    Well he's certainly good at staying front page news.

Respected Member

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...l-for-dictator

The crackpot Duterte thinks Marcos should have a heroes burial because at some stage Marcos was a soldier
    I suppose he overlooked the Marcos reign of terror where thousands of people lost their lives at the hands of the military

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37076080

Duterte has much in common with Marcos and his human rights violations
    History is repeating itself right now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ns-nick-davies

Plunder on a shocking scale
    Yes, you only have to look at the films of Marcos that were made by Lino Brocka!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    They dont teach evolution in school thats for sure.
    That's true, I wonder why?

“I decided to resign my office after conferring with the office of the Supreme Court administrator,” Dagala, a municipal trial court judge in Dapa town in Siargao Island, said in an interview with local radio station dxKS-RPN.

Dagala said he hopes his resignation would dispel suspicion of partiality in any investigation that the government may conduct regarding his alleged involvement in the drug trade.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/806565/...#ixzz4HTDpsBmK

Who are they trying to fool

Respected Member
    So eloquent and articulate Duterte is a top diplomat

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/16/1...utter-language

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story..._picks?order=2

http://news.abs-cbn.com/video/news/0...medals-records

No one seems to care about these families and some people are keen on ignoring history in the Philippines

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ial-for-marcos

Duterte has new ‘narcolist’.

President Rodrigo Duterte has a new list of politicians allegedly involved in the illegal drug trade and is likely to release their names soon, according to Senators Richard Gordon and JV Ejercito, despite criticism of his “name-and-shame” campaign.
    The senators said they saw the President holding the list during a dinner meeting in Malacañang on Monday night. The list is longer and includes both incumbent and former elected officials.
    “There are many names. There are more this time,” said Gordon, who was among seven senators present at the dinner meeting, which mainly tackled the administration’s tax reform agenda.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/806881/...#ixzz4HYZkeyjB
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Trusted Member
    Sheesh.... going to be a lot of nervous folks in the upper echelons of Filipino society right now.

No doubt many will have covered themselves by having US family connections, if not citizenship, to use as a bolt-hole, plus the odd bit of money-laundering.

Respected Member
    Ramblings of a complete fruitcake

http://www.rappler.com/nation/145023...ampaign=buffer

Possibly another Marcos on the Horizon

Trusted Member
    The guy is clearly a megalomaniac.

Very worrying times.

Im sure if you keep posting anti DU30 propaganda some people will believe it, you dont by any chance belong to another forum which is vehemently anti Duterte... in all walks of life things sometimes get worse before they get better, now let me see its September how long has he been President...? as he says he is responsible to filipino people..
    June 23rd we held Brexit we are still members of the EU we have not triggered our exit yet, but DU30 is expected to straighten out many wrongs that are apparent in filipino society in a few months.... lay off and give the guy a chance...

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    but DU30 is expected to straighten out many wrongs that are apparent in filipino society in a few months.... lay off and give the guy a chance...
    Sorry Harry but letting vigilantes loose on the population to kill those they think are undesirables will not lead to a more law abiding country.

Thread Information