Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    These are the printed pages from my son's application with supporting documents. I don't see cenomar as required.

If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Novie, when you fill out the new form online, 'it' supposedly then takes into account where you are from and where you are applying from and then give you a list of supporting document required. IF it is a new rule, then it should be clearly visible on their website, otherwise I call them out as liars and covering up their mistake as Rayna said.

Keep on top of it, don't let them get away with it. Because I complained, they let me have my second passport application for free.
    we have sent an email to the email add graham provided, we also have contacted our mp through email and narrated what has happened. i have also filed a complaint on to their fill up form in their website.

i wont be giving up, i will make sure that someone will pay for misgandling my sons passport application. the stress we have received from them was unbelievable plus the examineer was not very helpful.

you are right steve, i even told the lady I spoke to that wednesday afternoon that if its new rules why the document hasnt come up on the list of requirements needed after we filled up the form? because in the first place why would i delay my sons application by not providing the documents needed? she couldnt answer.

These are the printed pages from my son's application with supporting documents. I don't see cenomar as required.

nor do i. i sent rayna a photo of the letter i received from them and rayna straight away said that they think my application is an overseas application.

i even asked them what is it got to do with my sons application as the time i gave birth to my son i am lawfully married to my husband paul and i gave birth here in the uk. still the examineer insisted that cenomar mustve been provided. after i requested to speak to her manager she then came up of a solution about the visa i was holding when i gave birth to ethan, she said if its ilr then no need for cenomar if its not ilr then cenomar needs to be submitted. they aint got a clue of how visa system works in this country.

Still think you should follow up the email to your MP with a call or personal appearance at one of his/her surgeries as it sounds to me like time is important. MP's get lots of emails and you don't want yours hastily read and to receive a reply saying he has just forwarded your query to the relevant office.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Still think you should follow up the email to your MP with a call or personal appearance at one of his/her surgeries as it sounds to me like time is important. MP's get lots of emails and you don't want yours hastily read and to receive a reply saying he has just forwarded your query to the relevant office.
    's true ... face to face contact is BEST. !

Novie, please keep us all updated, it sounds like a real mess from HMPO and they are wholly to blame for the situation and stress. Make sure in any communications you use the word STRESS as often as you can.

Novie, please keep us all updated, it sounds like a real mess from HMPO and they are wholly to blame for the situation and stress. Make sure in any communications you use the word STRESS as often as you can.
    Yes, ... please do, Novie. Some of these jobsworths - these uncivil public servants - need a real rollicking, ; indeed, they deserve a good boot up the !

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    I will be doing that now.

just rang to arrange an appointment but our MP is on holiday! typical.

anyway the lady i spoke to said shes going to ring the london office now to see if anybody is around to help me and will ask them to ring me back asap. thats a start eh?

Keep on top of them, don't give them any slack

Keep on top of them, don't give them any slack
    i also rang the passport office ending 973 to see if theres any update- nothing.

i rang last week requesting the manager of the examineer to ring me back the bloke said it is really up to them if they will ring u or not. - thats very nice and helful NOT

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    i also rang the passport office ending 973 to see if theres any update- nothing.

i rang last week requesting the manager of the examineer to ring me back the bloke said it is really up to them if they will ring u or not. - thats very nice and helful NOT
    Hope you don't mind me asking Novie, why did you not use the Post Office Checking service?

ddint think that we have to, all the post office can do is check the documents that is on the documents list, photo and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hope you don't mind me asking Novie, why did you not use the Post Office Checking service?

Waste of money... By all accounts she submitted all the correct documents anyway.

Trusted Member
    But on the correct form ?

Also, a big difference in fee for UK resident application and 'Overseas'.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    But on the correct form ?

Also, a big difference in fee for UK resident application and 'Overseas'.
    confusing graham i tell you. the processing for overseas is up to 16 weeks and its leading to that now by the looks of it.

Trusted Member
    It IS confusing Novie.

The whole damned website is confusing (and I'm an ex-civil servant, and reasonably intelligent).

Overseas applications are taking up to a year or more, incidentally. Every Phils document is checked and re-checked for authenticity... shuffled back and forth between Liverpool and Manila (or wherever... but overseas).

I don't understand all this interest they've taken in you, as the child was born in the UK , with a British dad ?

Certainly when I/we applied for my first son's passport (also born in UK to Filipina mother)... it was a normal standard application, I'm pretty sure, though it's 20 + years ago now.

You see this is where our country really sucks. You try to do everything to the letter, pay the full amount and then they screw you. You try to contact the right people who then fob you off as they can't be bothered and this is all called 'service and efficiency'

You know, in the Philippines, you want to get things done, you can pay a small sum under the table to get to the top of the list.

I am fed up with so much here.

Trusted Member
    We are all paying for the dishonesty of others, unfortunately (and you can bet your bottom dollar that those trying to fiddle the British system were/are not 'native' Brits at all ).

Sham marriages, fake passports driving licences, birth certs and other documents produced in 'fraud factories' in Lahore, Lagos and Luton.

I can tell you that my own brother was tasked with sacking a certain Pakistani official working in one of our overseas visa sections, who had been SELLING visas.

i know, it is disappointing and i am disheartened by the treatment we are getting. i rang today again no update still but the lady i spoke to said she will message bangkok to see if they have replied the my sons examineer (which is on holiday) and ask them to forward to her so she can do my sons passport.

my mp is on holiday as well, the lady said someone will ring me but nothing since i gave the office a call to arrange an appointment.

just facing brick wall now. so stressful this, more stressful than applying a visa i think.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Certainly when I/we applied for my first son's passport (also born in UK to Filipina mother)... it was a normal standard application, I'm pretty sure, though it's 20 + years ago now.
    I can add to that we applied our sons passport 3 years ago same situation filipina mother, british father, Jacob born in UK.

No problem whatsoever straight froward application processed within 3 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    I can add to that we applied our sons passport 3 years ago same situation filipina mother, british father, Jacob born in UK.

No problem whatsoever straight froward application processed within 3 weeks...
    yeah, similar with my other friends after few weeks passport released didnt need any cenomar at all.

i guess im the unlucky one.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    yeah, similar with my other friends after few weeks passport released didnt need any cenomar at all.

i guess im the unlucky one.
    You deserve an apology at least Novie not to mention some sort of compensation and for the bloody jobsworth who seriously needs to be retrained or better dismissed...

I guess it's the new system, online as opposed to the old system. Both my other two children got their passports by us taking their documents to the British Embassy in Manila where they checked it all and sent it off to HongKong. Now everything is processed back in the UK, and you have to specify if you are applying from inside or outside the UK.
    Quite obviously Novie's case has been mishandled and why they have said about sending documents to Bangkok to review is beyond me. It has nothing to do with Thailand. Clearly a cenomar is not required plus it was an application made from the UK. They really have messed up.
    I hope our application goes ok, and yours Graham. I know there will be fireworks if we have problems.

Trusted Member
    Yes, fingers firmly crossed here Steve.

I'll give them a while yet before asking for my passport back.

Really I'd like to be in the Phils for Xmas/New Year.

(I just applied online today for various birth, marriage and death certificates, so that I can claim my Irish citizenship).

With all the problems we have had with Brit passports earlier this year looks like I may have to return next year to Britain to apply from there.. Not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    You deserve an apology at least Novie not to mention some sort of compensation and for the bloody jobsworth who seriously needs to be retrained or better dismissed...
    i know but even complaints procedure they have posted on their website I have done but no response. i just want my sons passport so i can finally pack things up. so stressful.

I guess it's the new system, online as opposed to the old system. Both my other two children got their passports by us taking their documents to the British Embassy in Manila where they checked it all and sent it off to HongKong. Now everything is processed back in the UK, and you have to specify if you are applying from inside or outside the UK.
    Quite obviously Novie's case has been mishandled and why they have said about sending documents to Bangkok to review is beyond me. It has nothing to do with Thailand. Clearly a cenomar is not required plus it was an application made from the UK. They really have messed up.
    I hope our application goes ok, and yours Graham. I know there will be fireworks if we have problems.
    thanks steve, i do hope so. i hope graham will get his passport back soon.

As a side note. My wife has received the pack of documents and form I sent for our son's application. She has got our neighbour to witness and sign the photo. We have all the documents they require on the form. BUT, this morning when talking to my wife, I mentioned the problems you are having Novie, so I have told her to include her cenomar with the supporting documents too. Just a precaution really. I do not want anything to hold up the application, so covering all bases now. Fingers crossed.

As a side note. My wife has received the pack of documents and form I sent for our son's application. She has got our neighbour to witness and sign the photo. We have all the documents they require on the form. BUT, this morning when talking to my wife, I mentioned the problems you are having Novie, so I have told her to include her cenomar with the supporting documents too. Just a precaution really. I do not want anything to hold up the application, so covering all bases now. Fingers crossed.
    yeah thats good. just to make sure that they wont delay your sons application like what they did to mine. if its available include it, either the examineer need it or not atleast its included with your application already.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information