Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

GMA Release Imminent!

... pleased that, following almost 5 long years she's been kept in detention - under hospital arrest - former Philippines' President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo has had the trumped~up plunder charges against her dismissed by the Supreme Court.

http://thestandard.com.ph/news/headl...dismissed.html

When I read the thread title I thought a new Playstation game was being launched.

Ombudsman looks into new plunder complaint vs Gloria Arroyo

Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales says they will challenge the Supreme Court's recent ruling, which dismissed the 4-year-old plunder complaints vs former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

http://www.rappler.com/nation/140353...-gloria-arroyo

Respected Member
    I take it that now she will make a full medical recovery of biblical proportions and loose the silly neck bandage

It seems that most politicians in the Philippines who are accused of doing anything wrong all of a sudden are struck down by some life threatening illness that requires immediate and long term hospital treatment

She was all smiles after 1 charge was dropped and that was a far cry from her last outing of being pushed around in a wheel chair and looking like she was about to expire........................

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I take it that now she will make a full medical recovery of biblical proportions and loose the silly neck bandage
    ... oh? Didn't know it was that tight! So when were you let loose AGAIN?

It seems that most politicians in the Philippines who are accused of doing anything wrong all of a sudden are struck down by some life threatening illness that requires immediate and long term hospital treatment
    Lest you - or ANYONE else - be in doubt ... there's been friction between Arroyo and the the Aquinos for more than a decade now ... beginning, I believe, during Gloria's first period of office when, in accordance with the terms and conditions of 'Agrarian Reform', an agreement reached by her predecessors, she redistributed land to the farmers - to whom it had originally belonged - much to the chagrin of the greedy Aquino/Cojuangco clans, for reasons best~known to themselves.

After being re-elected in 2004, the Aquinos claimed that voting "had been rigged" .

Also, during her second term as President, a young *OFW - domestic servant - was sentenced to death for the murder of her employer who'd brutally raped *her ... whereby, as the Philippines' Head of State, Gloria was forced to hand over what essentially amounted to "blood money" in exchange for sparing the girl's life ... an act of humanity seized upon by Aquino to discredit Macapagal Arroyo by accusing her of misappropriating Government funds.

So ... on becoming President himself in 2010 he took the opportunity to exact revenge on his predecessor, some 2 years' later by issuing instructions to the effect that she be arrested on each of the falsely drummed-up charges I've mentioned, her passport confiscated (to prevent her from travelling abroad to receive treatment for her very real spinal complaint) and that she then be detained under hospital confinement indefinitely.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 23rd July 2016 at 13:59.

She was all smiles after 1 charge was dropped and that was a far cry from her last outing of being pushed around in a wheel chair and looking like she was about to expire........................
    Naturally ... ... wouldn't you be too, in tasting freedom once more - following being cooped up as an person?

Thankfully, Malcanang's present incumbent came to her rescue pdq ... otherwise she might well have done just that - expired.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Naturally ... ... wouldn't you be too, in tasting freedom once more - following being cooped up as an person?

Thankfully, Malcanang's present incumbent came to her rescue pdq ... otherwise she might well have done just that - expired.
    She should have been sent to a normal jail and she only avoided jail by feigning some sickness that needed hospital treatment
    These accused Politicians have turned feigning injury or sickness into an art form

Unlike you i make no distinction between all of these crooked Pinoy politicians
    They all have their snouts in the trough in one way or another

Like the latest uncouth henchmen running the country at present who seems to be proud of being responsible for murdering many of his own people

Of course i will not defend any drug dealing but a two bit hoodlum who sells a couple of bags of cannabis on a street corner does not deserve to be murdered

Arroyo is in the mould of Tony Blair. Pretends to be the real deal but deep down she's just the typical self-serving politician who's main goal is to feather her own nest. Actually, she's regarded by some as the most corrupt of all Philippine president's.

Unlike the rabble beforehand (with the odd exception), Duterte genuinely cares for the people of his country, although I'm not sure if he's going about it the right way.

I think the main reason is why people turn to drugs is out of sheer boredom. Individuals who don't work have around 16 hours per day to occupy themselves and that's a long time each day. What have they got to do? If they're lucky to have access to the following - basketball, karaoke and to watch crap on TV featuring Vice Ganda & co. The latter itself is enough for anyone to turn to drugs.

It'll be interesting to find out what Duterte's next plan of action is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    ......It'll be interesting to find out what Duterte's next plan of action is.
    Duterte figures on the news virtually every night.

When you mention 'next plan of action' on which topic are you interested Jamie?

In terms of drugs control he has plans to involve China since most of the drugs originate there and many of the drugs lords are Chinese.

He will continue to press down on drug criminality and will not change his strategy of 'shoot to kill' for those who resist arrest by displaying firearms

In the area of corruption he continues to hound, especially in government agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    When you mention 'next plan of action' on which topic are you interested Jamie?
    As in making the population more productive. Training, education etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    As in making the population more productive. Training, education etc
    One of his first major thrusts will be to end labour contractualisation.
    Most employers are against this simply because it would demand them to provide overtime, holiday pay, 13 month salary and social security benefits

He has given details on his strategy of jobs creation, which involves changing the constitution regarding foreign investment.

He has plenty of different approaches to improve all aspects of the economy. All can be found via Google.

Apologies to Arthur for the hi-jack of his thread.

Apologies to Arthur for the hi-jack of his thread.
    Ah ... no worries, Peter ... we're ALL apt to be "guilty" of veering at times.

Trusted Member
    Aah... good to know that she didn't have one of those little hands in the public till.

How refreshing.

... 'fraid I do ... being married for more than 71/2 years to a Filipina - born and bred - who, as a long~serving High School teacher - duly entrusted with the [additional] task of overseeing electoral protocol - knows the full score!

GMA - as Vice President - took over from Joseph [Erap] Estrada, following the latter's impeachment and subsequent conviction in 2001. However, Erap was later released from prison ... complete with a presidential *pardon from Arroyo - a *privilege that she was neither offered by Aquino (nor even wanted, due to her total innocence of the offences with which she'd been charged) when Duterte recently suggested "giving her one".

No lewd remarks (if you get my drift).
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 25th July 2016 at 18:31.

Innocent. IMHO
    Read the history

Innocent. IMHO
    Yes, , Peter ...

Read the history
    Yep ... I've done that already too - based on Myrna's own first~hand #knowledge of the case, #which I believe implicitly.

She should have been sent to a normal jail and she only avoided jail by feigning some sickness that needed hospital treatment
    These accused Politicians have turned feigning injury or sickness into an art form

They all have their snouts in the trough in one way or another

Like the latest uncouth henchmen running the country at present who seems to be proud of being responsible for murdering many of his own people

Of course i will not defend any drug dealing but a two bit hoodlum who sells a couple of bags of cannabis on a street corner does not deserve to be murdered

Are you saying she was guilty of plunder ?

I`m still waiting for the evidence...But its what they say!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Ombudsman looks into new plunder complaint vs Gloria Arroyo

Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales says they will challenge the Supreme Court's recent ruling, which dismissed the 4-year-old plunder complaints vs former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

http://www.rappler.com/nation/140353...-gloria-arroyo
    Ombudsman? ... y' mean the old judge that retired in 2010, from the Supreme Court?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I`m still waiting for the evidence...But its what they say!!
    ... don't hold your breath, Fred, that 's most likely gone senile by now; and besides, I'm sure you're bound to be well aware the Aquino-controlled media's apt to print anything fed to them that portrays Gloria in a bad light.

Respected Member
    Being a politician in the Philippines i would imagine that's a given

Being a politician in the Philippines i would imagine that's a given
    Can't be a*sed "arguing the toss" over this topic any longer, frankly. ... but the second paragraph of the short - and to the point - #15 by Terpe, refers to the case history. May I, therefore, suggest you !

Respected Member

The Supreme court knows how to drag its feet here..An appeal could take years..By that time we may have a new ombudsman??

Thread Information