Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar

IELTS Life Skills A2

Good day, folks! I'll be applying for FLR (M) in few months time and I just want to make sure that I'll be booking the right English exam. I'm looking at this website https://ieltsukvisas.britishcouncil.org and will book the exam this month or next month. IELTS Life Skills A2, is this the one that I need to take? Thanks so much in advance.

I'll be applying for FLR M about end of December or beginning of January. My passport will expire on 10th of April 2018, would it be alright?

Few updates: We managed to moved into a 2bed flat so I'm not anymore worried about the accommodation requirement. I just received our baby's British passport which I don't know if it's needed for my FLR M application. We're planning to visit PH next year (fingers-crossed). Lastly, I'm back to work after 6 months of maternity leave

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I suggest for you to consider taking the B1 instead coz that will be the requirement for ILR in the future.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you, Rayna. I will book for B1. Wish me luck

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    Thank you, Rayna. I will book for B1. Wish me luck
    Good luck!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks, Rayna

I got the result of my Life Skills B1. I passed!!! Wooohoo!!!

Will start sorting out other requirements for FLR,..

Thanks, Rayna

's GREAT news, Cherrie ... CONGRATULATIONS, well done and, of course, all the BEST with the preparations for your forthcoming FLR!

Thanks, Rayna

Congratulations and well done

That's another big step forward

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well done Cherrie, congratulations

Thank you, Arthur, Peter and Michael..

Hi Cherrie. Can I ask how you prepared for the exam? Did you find any studying material that you read through before the exam or was your knowledge of the English language sufficient for you to pass the test? Also, how did you find it? Easy or hard? Congratulations on passing and good luck in the future.

Hi Cherrie. Congratulations on passing the test. Can I ask what your thoughts were on it, was it easy for you or hard? My fiance will be going for it soon and she is nervous so I want to try and put her mind at ease. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Hi Cherrie. Can I ask how you prepared for the exam? Did you find any studying material that you read through before the exam or was your knowledge of the English language sufficient for you to pass the test? Also, how did you find it? Easy or hard? Congratulations on passing and good luck in the future.
    Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I just searched about the format of the exam. You can open this link https://www.ielts.org/~/media/pdfs/i...-level-b1.ashx for a sample so your fiancee will know what to expect. Try youtube too.

I think it was easy,it's like a casual conversation, just listen carefully and respond appropriately.

Please send my good luck to your fiancee. xx

---and I did pray as well

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I just searched about the format of the exam. You can open this link https://www.ielts.org/~/media/pdfs/i...-level-b1.ashx for a sample so your fiancee will know what to expect. Try youtube too.

I think it was easy,it's like a casual conversation, just listen carefully and respond appropriately.

Please send my good luck to your fiancee. xx

---and I did pray as well
    Thanks for the information. I'm pleased to hear that you found it easy. It's one thing for me to look st a sample test and think it would be easy to pass but it's a lot better for someone who has taken the test to pass it as well. I will pass the information and good luck wishes to my fiancé now.

Congratulations once again and good luck with the move over to England.

You're welcome ☺ x

I'm already here in England. I'll use the life skills for my FLR(M) which I'll be applying in few months time .

You're welcome ☺ x

I'm already here in England. I'll use the life skills for my FLR(M) which I'll be applying in few months time .
    Did you need the life skills to apply for your intial visa to stay in England or was it just ILETS? Good luck with your FLR application. I'm sure you will be fine but sometimes it's just a right pain going through it all.

Did you need the life skills to apply for your initial visa to stay in England or was it just IELTS? Good luck with your FLR application. I'm sure you will be fine but sometimes it's just a right pain going through it all.
    Not [initially] for either the Fiance(e) or Spousal Visas, Phil ... but the 'Knowledge Of Life In The UK Test' will need to be taken - and passed - before becoming eligible to apply for one's Permanent Residence/ILR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Not [initially] for either the Fiance(e) or Spousal Visas, Phil ... but the 'Knowledge Of Life In The UK Test' will need to be taken - and passed - before becoming eligible to apply for one's Permanent Residence/ILR.
    Thanks Arthur. Is it advised to do this as the same time as the ILETS test or shall we just do it closer to the time of applying for residency?

Did you need the life skills to apply for your intial visa to stay in England or was it just ILETS? Good luck with your FLR application. I'm sure you will be fine but sometimes it's just a right pain going through it all.
    Sorry for the late response. I think there's a bit of confusion here. The time I applied for my initial visa, I used TOEIC certificate (which is not acceptable now) and that's why I needed to take this IELTS LIFE SKILLS for the application of my FLR(M).

IELTS Life Skills is a test of Speaking and Listening, available at CEFR Levels A1, A2 and B2. It is designed to meet the requirements of UK Visas and Immigration for certain visa categories and other immigration purposes. ---This is the one your fiance will need to take.

The Life in the UK Test is a test constituting one of the requirements for anyone seeking Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or naturalisation as a British citizen. ---and you don't have to worry about this one yet.

Sorry for the late response. I think there's a bit of confusion here. The time I applied for my initial visa, I used TOEIC certificate (which is not acceptable now) and that's why I needed to take this IELTS LIFE SKILLS for the application of my FLR(M).

IELTS Life Skills is a test of Speaking and Listening, available at CEFR Levels A1, A2 and B2. It is designed to meet the requirements of UK Visas and Immigration for certain visa categories and other immigration purposes. ---This is the one your fiance will need to take.

The Life in the UK Test is a test constituting one of the requirements for anyone seeking Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or naturalisation as a British citizen. ---and you don't have to worry about this one yet.
    Thanks for clarifying. That's how I understood it to be.

Thread Information