Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Member

Could be the end of the United Kingdom though. Scotland will push for another referendum now

Don't think they could survive if oil prices stay low....

Hello all
    I'm glad someone brought this exit from the EU business
    without being to personal to others here I think it is a very bad thing

Anyway
    My worry here is this...My wife is very concern and believe me I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world

This feeling is not good for any of us with partners from overses because often times when we have been out walking together we both see these strange looks from a few people on the streets
    I'm not sure if these looks are nice or not as we would rather not have this.,Maybe they are looking at us with good will, for that is the best way to look at this

another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

Now would my wife have to be sent back to the phils if i change my pasport to Eire?
    My wife does have a full UK viisa on her phils passport and if i do change my passport? how will this effect her with the imimgration office?

I hope someone can help us to lay these fears to rest?

thank you all
    Regards
    LG

I hope you find what you are looking for LG,
    I have no idea why you and your wife feel that a few people are giving you bad looks and has this just started as of yesterday too, maybe it's because your wife is beautiful just like mine.
    I must take offence when you call this country racist.
    Maybe there are a few people out there that are racist but that can be any creed from any country that has made his or her home here in this country.
    I am sure there are many with partners from other parts of the world as seeing this country as there home ,i know my wife does and see works here and travels everywhere too, and yet she has never expressed these thoughts to me, I must admit I was scared for her at first, but that was just me thinking she could not managed being here,
    Please don't think we people are all the same, I am not a racist, but I will speak my mind and that is what I can do by living here in a free country .
    What will happen by changing your passport do, or is it a British passport is not you are wanting anymore

Trusted Member
    Hi LG.

I think you are reading far too much into other people's attitudes to you and your partner.

I have been going steady with or married to 'brown' people here in the UK since 1979. People are naturally curious. It doesn't mean they are being intentionally rude... or racist.

Try not to overreact to the current (hyped -up) situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydegbrick View Post
    Hello all
    I'm glad someone brought this exit from the EU business
    without being to personal to others here I think it is a very bad thing

Anyway
    My worry here is this...My wife is very concern and believe me I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world

This feeling is not good for any of us with partners from overses because often times when we have been out walking together we both see these strange looks from a few people on the streets
    I'm not sure if these looks are nice or not as we would rather not have this.,Maybe they are looking at us with good will, for that is the best way to look at this

another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

Now would my wife have to be sent back to the phils if i change my pasport to Eire?
    My wife does have a full UK viisa on her phils passport and if i do change my passport? how will this effect her with the imimgration office?

I hope someone can help us to lay these fears to rest?

thank you all
    Regards
    LG
    I think the UK is one of the least racist countries in the world nowadays. If the stares are from women it's normally out of jealously because they don't like us guys going abroad to find a partner.

Trusted Member
    Yes, many of the Western ladies seem to resent the fact that some of us men are not attracted to their Hippo-like physiques, construction site language, and appetite for gallons of booze.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes, many of the Western ladies seem to resent the fact that some of us men are not attracted to their Hippo-like physiques, construction site language, and appetite for gallons of booze.
    Love it, love it, love it.

Not to mention the body "art".

...another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

I'm guessing you mean you want to renounce your British Citizenship ?

For what reason(s) you don't detail other than you want to stay in the EU.
    Are you thinking to relocate to Ireland ?

Currently your wife is under UK immigration controls and that hasn't changed. It will change though if you renounce your British Citizensip.
    Your wife is not in any danger of being asked to return to the Philippines. Nor is she ever likely to be.

LG, you should really should think through very carefully how you and your wife want to manage your lives.

Steady on boys, there are some nice English ladies around, not every one of them have body art and are oversize, we all cannot help who we fall in love with and i know we all dont like the same thing , but what suits one maybe does not suit another,

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having myself voted for to LEAVE - and despite my initial elation at the outcome - I'm now left feeling a bit like "piggy in the middle" ... owing to Myrna, my immediate family and (not least) practically the whole of the Scottish electorate choosing the status quo!
    We can only do what we think is best Arthur, I think visa and conditions were going to get worse which ever way it went.
    politicians now have something else to blame
    Mick.

This made me chuckle, but the stats stand up:-

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...its-vote-leave

I also don't agree that we are racist in the UK, in fact IMO we are too easy going I have just watched a clip from the gay parade where a London policeman in uniform kisses another guy on the lips, what's it coming to?....

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well said mate i fully agree, cant give you any rep, i have to spread it around...

Trusted Member
    Cheers Harry... I also have to spread some rep around first... sorry mate. 'It's the thought that counts'.

Currently your wife is under UK immigration controls and that hasn't changed. It will change though if you renounce your British Citizensip.
    Your wife is not in any danger of being asked to return to the Philippines. Nor is she ever likely to be.

LG, you should really should think through very carefully how you and your wife want to manage your lives.
    Hello Mr Terpe
    Thank you
    I'm sorry if i did not make myself clearer before to you?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reply?
    No I did not say to renounce my UK status
    This time I'm asking you some two questions

1. If i do choose to change my passport back to Ireland?
    2. .Will my wife lose her UK visa status under my sponsership?

Anyway
    I'm sorry if what i said offends you As you can see from my qoute that i never accutly said that the UK is racist

I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world
    So I am afraid for her as I hear that some people here in the UK have been attacked for having a anoter colour on their skins
    Why only the other day i was out walking on my own and i over heard some white people say, 'lets go to the pub and have a few drinks to celerbrate the fact the these ffing foriengers can't come here anymore'

May I sorry to all that are not racist in here that i had no intentions to be rude to those that they may think that i think that they are racist?

Because i am only just stating facts from many newspaper that has now reported these views of outside world that is looking at the situation here in the Uk now.
    And this is too close to home for us....

Thank you once again

We live in interesting times as the an old chinese curse goes
    "Better to be a dog in a peaceful time, than to be a human in a chaotic (warring) period

LG

Well I,m a foreigner in Ireland and I heard some locals talking about potatoes so I don,t feel too comfortable here lol

Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist by any stretch of the imagination. However, there is no doubt that the Leave vote has emboldened the far right – here and across Europe. These views have not originated overnight – the people who felt this way did so before the vote. But it is undeniable that the vote has given them the courage and the feeling of legitimacy to vocalise these opinions.

Furthermore, it is important to look at the role that the politicians and mainstream press have played in fomenting this atmosphere. Whether it be Nigel Farage with his much-criticised poster, Cameron with his “hordes of migrants” language, or the hundreds of headlines which have shouted abuse and lies about immigration – it is undeniable these elements have played a massive part in what we are now seeing enacted on our streets.

There have also been lots of social media posts extolling us all to come together, that we’re all still friends. Unfortunately, friends who are not white British may not be feeling this. And it is both impossible, and undesirable, to remain calm when fascism is flourishing before our eyes.

Yet there is a need to come together. Whichever way people voted, the vast majority are not racist and do not want to see this country descend into fascism. It is essential all these people unify, get out on the streets, in our communities, among our neighbours and spread a message of diversity.

Furthermore, there is a need to ensure people know it isn’t people from different countries and ethnicities who are to blame for the state of this country. It is the fault of successive politicians, and corporations – the elite who have profited massively while everyone else has been punished by austerity. They are the people we should blame and the people we should be angry at.

It is essential that people stand up to the racists, the fascists and the bullies. Now, more than ever, this has to be a priority in all our work, both on a humanitarian and political level. These people are not the majority, and the rest of us need to make sure our voices are heard loud and clear.

And to those of you have voted to take us out?
    You need to admit to yourself. by saying to your friends and family "Oh my God, what the fack have I done?"

Trusted Member
    How many people are posting using your profile, lloydelbrick ?

This is getting confusing.

I voted OUT, and the main reason was when you heard from both labour and conservatives from the stay IN party say there is nothing we can do about mass migration coming into this country while we are in the EU,
    All i wanted was a fair way of stemming the flow, its ok saying they come here for work and so on, then the next minute they are saying more NONE EU migrants come here then EU migrants and we have to do something about that,
    Well most of us know about NONE EU migrants , and after a time we marry one and after a time we pay for a visa and another visa and insurance too and the list goes on ,
    So why could they not bring something like what we have paid for ,
    I feel that there is still a deal to be had , but i also feel that the good citizens who has concerns and try to say so are being told we are racist,

It is all my own work ha ha ha

May I say sorry to all those that are not racist in here that I had no intentions to be rude to aill those that they may think that I think that they are racist?
    We need to be tough to stand up for our truths
    And if I have offended anyone?
    Then I know that I have found a true target to show them my own truths
    And if you have a little bit of Irish in your blood, you may know what I mean?

Trusted Member
    Totally understand how you (and a lot of others) feel Steve.

Things were starting to get out of control. People felt ignored by the government, helpless and under threat (perceived and real) in their own street, town, and country.

It had to be brought to a halt.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well, there's no 350million per week going to NHS as Brexit stated and I imagine the reason is because that amount we paid to the EU every week we received more in return

Hello Mr Terpe
    Thank you
    I'm sorry if i did not make myself clearer before to you?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reply?
    No I did not say to renounce my UK status
    This time I'm asking you some two questions

1. If i do choose to change my passport back to Ireland?
    2. .Will my wife lose her UK visa status under my sponsorship
    LG
    If you are eligible for an Irish passport there's nothing stopping you from getting one.
    You don't need to change the UK passport. You can hold them both as a dual citizen.

Your wife will not lose her visa status

Hello Mr Terpe
    I believe that i can keep both passport because of the year i was born in Ireland
    Thank you
    LG

I can see clearly now I’m the one that has been living in a fool’s paradise

My first instincts was not to take part in this vote, because I thought it was a big windup to excite and roused the masses to fury by this nasty government, but I got sucked in like most of people in the UK did.
    So I can forgive myself for such foolishness

Well, I’m never too old to learn, and this was and is the last time I will ever vote again here in England and I mean just that England or anywhere else that is ruled by this Weste-minster

The whole system is rigged by the ever hidden ruling classes, and it needs to be torn down to the ground to expose the rottenness that is hidden from the general public for once and all

I am tearing up my party membership card and cancelling my subscription too

I will from this day just be a critic looking on all the sides be it on the left, or right wings of all the political parties
    Thank you all for showing me the way

Well I,m a foreigner in Ireland and I heard some locals talking about potatoes so I don,t feel too comfortable here lol
    I like spuds

Hello Mr Terpe
    That is the best new i have heard since my wife got her visa.. for joy I'm off to get my passpor form, completed and hand delivered to the Irish embassy section where they will isssue me with a replacement as i have appointment
    Thank you ever so much..
    This a load off my mind and BTW my wife is now fully registed with me in our home..
    Regards
    LG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information