Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Philippines Departure Tax 2016

Hi guys,

Anybody have up to date info regarding departure tax/terminal fee when leaving Manila.

My wife and 3 year old son are due to travel back to the UK in 4 weeks time her with a filipino passport our son with a british passport and have spent a total of 6 weeks there.

Thank You...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I have ILR & I only paid PHP200 last Feb 2016. For FLR visa holders, I think they have to pay the full price travel tax, PHP1620. Terminal fee of PHP550 I think is now included in the tickets. Just prepare around PHP2500 to 3000. She would find out if she goes to the counter. Make sure she shows her BRP card along with her passport to let them know she's a UK resident. Keith didn't have to pay anything.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Rayna...

Mark, I hope your son has not overstayed....... If he travelled on his British passport and cannot show his Philippine passport, he is still liable to overstay if his visa has expired.

We had a similar problem when traveling to China as a family, as we only showed my children's UK passport, it looked like they were overstayers even though they had never been anywhere else. Once we showed their Philippine passports the problem was solved as they are duel nationalities.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Mark, I hope your son has not overstayed....... If he travelled on his British passport and cannot show his Philippine passport, he is still liable to overstay if his visa has expired.

We had a similar problem when traveling to China as a family, as we only showed my children's UK passport, it looked like they were overstayers even though they had never been anywhere else. Once we showed their Philippine passports the problem was solved as they are duel nationalities.
    No Steve he was given a balkbayan visa for up to 1 year so no worries, we have kept him non dual as that's how we wish for him to be and if he wants dual nationally later he can decide for himself.

Thanks Steve for the input...

Trusted Member
    Indeed ... children can also avail of Balikbayan.

I always thought children born to Filipinas were exempt from visa requirements up to a certain age anyway though... even when on a foreign passport (trying to think back 20+ years here... with my first born son). Might be worth investigating.

Thread Information