Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: UK Spouse Visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

UK Spouse Visa

Hi all.

Advice needed.

My wife was granted a spousal visa on 6th of Jun 2014 until 07th Mar 2017. Unfortunately, circumstances have prevented us from her having to move to the UK since she was granted a visa. My father in law had a stroke on the night we were supposed to purchase my ticket to London. He was in intensive care for more than a month and although he survived the ordeal, he is now bedridden and requires 24 hr care. Due to that event, we decided to postpone her move to the UK. After a few months, I went back to the Philippines for a visit and got my wife pregnant. It was great blessing but that also meant that another reason to delay her move. After a long talk, we decided that it would be in her and our baby's best interest to stay in Philippines where they would have support. Transporting her thousands of miles away and also thinking about her father seemed too much for my wife to handle given her sensitive situation in her pregnancy. It was a difficult decision that I continue live with due to the fact that I wasn't there to hold her hand and assist her in her pregnancy.

But we endured. In the second quarter of last year, she delivered a beautiful and healthy baby boy! He's the best thing that ever happened to us and we are very grateful. And yet again, we decided to wait until after our boy is 1 before we uproot their lives from the Philippines and move to London. But I have, in the past 12 months, been home 3 times!

We are in the process of gathering documentation for our child's application and once approved, they are looking to move here by the end of the year. Can anyone advise on the following questions please

1. As my wife's Spouse visa is due to expire in Mar next year, will she be allowed to enter the UK if the visa's validity is less than 6 months to expiry? We will of course renew it when she comes over.

2. If that is not possible, can we still renew the spouse visa in the Philippines even if she hasn't used her original visa?

Salamat

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guapogi View Post
    Hi all.

Advice needed.

My wife was granted a spousal visa on 6th of Jun 2014 until 07th Mar 2017. Unfortunately, circumstances have prevented us from her having to move to the UK since she was granted a visa. My father in law had a stroke on the night we were supposed to purchase my ticket to London. He was in intensive care for more than a month and although he survived the ordeal, he is now bedridden and requires 24 hr care. Due to that event, we decided to postpone her move to the UK. After a few months, I went back to the Philippines for a visit and got my wife pregnant. It was great blessing but that also meant that another reason to delay her move. After a long talk, we decided that it would be in her and our baby's best interest to stay in Philippines where they would have support. Transporting her thousands of miles away and also thinking about her father seemed too much for my wife to handle given her sensitive situation in her pregnancy. It was a difficult decision that I continue live with due to the fact that I wasn't there to hold her hand and assist her in her pregnancy.

But we endured. In the second quarter of last year, she delivered a beautiful and healthy baby boy! He's the best thing that ever happened to us and we are very grateful. And yet again, we decided to wait until after our boy is 1 before we uproot their lives from the Philippines and move to London. But I have, in the past 12 months, been home 3 times!

We are in the process of gathering documentation for our child's application and once approved, they are looking to move here by the end of the year. Can anyone advise on the following questions please

1. As my wife's Spouse visa is due to expire in Mar next year, will she be allowed to enter the UK if the visa's validity is less than 6 months to expiry? We will of course renew it when she comes over.

2. If that is not possible, can we still renew the spouse visa in the Philippines even if she hasn't used her original visa?

Salamat
    The original spouse visa is valid for a total of 33 months which gives the applicant 3 months to travel to the UK so the remaining time will go towards your wife's residency for the 60 month period which is required for ILR.

As far as I have read and understand this is that your wife can still travel on this visa up to its expiry date no mention of 6 months validity.

It would of course mean your wife has to apply for a further 2 applications of FLR so she can surpass the 60 months required for residency rules to be granted ILR.

Looks like good news for you, I suppose somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    The original spouse visa is valid for a total of 33 months which gives the applicant 3 months to travel to the UK so the remaining time will go towards your wife's residency for the 60 month period which is required for ILR.

As far as I have read and understand this is that your wife can still travel on this visa up to its expiry date no mention of 6 months validity.

It would of course mean your wife has to apply for a further 2 applications of FLR so she can surpass the 60 months required for residency rules to be granted ILR.

Looks like good news for you, I suppose somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck...
    Thanks mate.

Thread Information