Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi all!

Hi all!

Hi to all!..i am a newbie here..i am a filipina seeking advise about how i can get to join my bf in the UK.I was advised by a friend to join here and was told this can help us to get great information. We are losing hopes to process Visa as we are fooled by the agency here in Manila who handle my tourist visa, after paying them in full, theyre gone. Im so upset, seems like theyre shattering our dreams to be together. Hope anyone can give us information on how we are go about it..Thanks in advance.

Hi there maybe it would be best for your boyfriend to make contact with us too,
    Ask him to join us,

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum, sorry to hear of your dilemma with your Visa application, I'm sure members hear will put out some informative advice for you, good luck with your progress and keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by Red2Blue View Post
    Hi to all!..i am a newbie here..i am a filipina seeking advise about how i can get to join my bf in the UK.I was advised by a friend to join here and was told this can help us to get great information. We are losing hopes to process Visa as we are fooled by the agency here in Manila who handle my tourist visa, after paying them in full, theyre gone. Im so upset, seems like theyre shattering our dreams to be together. Hope anyone can give us information on how we are go about it..Thanks in advance.
    Hi there, and welcome to the Forum, there is lots of help already available, and members who will give you advice, Firstly you mention a Tourist visa, is that the actual correct visa that you want ?.

That's a great idea!Am gonna ask him to join.Thank you.

Thats really a great help to us.Thank you.

Hi there! That agency discussed different kinds of Visa to us, like partner visa etc. But as i understand we are promised to get a Tourist Visa. And we are asked alot of requirements, like, i need to get my passport stamped 3x to make sure visa will be granted.This is going to be my first time to go outside the Philippines and also his first time to invite someone outside UK, we really need help. Thanks.

Red2Blue firstly a Tourist visa is what it is for visiting, the other option may be a Fiancee visa, so you and your partner need to decide, if you decide on a Tourist Visa then thats all that you can do, and you have to return back to the Phillippines at the end of your stay, you cannot extend it, get married or anything else.
    With a fiancee Visa you can still Tour around or do whatever you want, you can even get married and then stay here in the Uk, but if you both decide you dont want to get married this time around you return back to the Philippines, and make your plans for the future.

Im sure other Forumites who know more about these things than me, will come and offer advice to you, but as someone else has suggested, it would be wise if your partner joined the forum.

Hi Harry thank you so much for that information. We are having difficulty on whats the best visa to get, for tourist visa they say it requires for me to present 6 months payslip which is a problem since i just resigned with my previous job last March. Id like to know how to get a partner visa but then I am not yet legally separated. Please help.

Here is the website for all visas https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa thats for a Visitor visa, and here is the link for a partner visa https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility i think for most visas you and your partner will need to provide lots of Documentation.

Thank you Harry. We will be checking on that.

Hi Red2Blue, welcome aboard Filipina Roses

I'd strongly advise NOT to engage any agency at all from Philippines in connection with ANY visa for UK

Since you are already married you're not eligible for any visa involving Fiance or Spouse.
    For unmarried partner visa you must have lived together for minimum 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage.

It seems only Visit Visa is possible.
    Check out the UKVI webpage and see how you might apply.
    You'll need to show reasons to return to Philippines that are stronger than reasons to stay in UK

There are any posts here in the forum to guide you on that.
    Good luck. Follow the UKVI webpages, follow the visit visa postings here in the forum, then ask any specific questions you have. You'll get honest useful answers.

God Bless

to Filipina Roses ... from me as well.

Since you've already been given THE BEST possible advice (commensurate with your present circumstances) from my friend and fellow Moderator, I can only recommend you to !

Hi there Terpe! thanks for this information, this is really helpful and giving us direction to request Visit Visa. We are so delighted that we already have the correct people to advise us to have the correct visa for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Red2Blue View Post
    Hi there Terpe! thanks for this information, this is really helpful and giving us direction to request Visit Visa. We are so delighted that we already have the correct people to advise us to have the correct visa for free!
    ... 'fraid the visa itself, ISN'T free. ... but our help and advice, ARE.

Hi Arthur thank you so much

Red 2 Blue, you have just been advised, by two of the most respected people on this Forum, if you follow what they say, you will get there, Good Luck, and dont hesitate to ask, as Arthur says, the advice is free but the visa isnt .

surely will ask alot of questions Harry, thank you so much. All advise were highly appreciated.

Thread Information