Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR (FP) 10 year route v 5 year route FLR(M)

Hi guys,
    can any one tell me the basic difference between FLR (FP) 10 year route v 5 year route FLR(M) as I am looking at different options should I be made redundant.

Many thanks

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi guys,
    can any one tell me the basic difference between FLR (FP) 10 year route v 5 year route FLR(M) as I am looking at different options should I be made redundant.

Many thanks

John
    Hi John,

Hope alls OK,,

With regards to your query basically if you cannot meet the financial requirement then you would have to go down the path of the 10 year route where the financial requirement does not have to be met.

This would ultimately delay the time your wife could apply for ILR up to 10 years from her arrival in the UK and would mean applying for further leave to remain every 30 months until that 10 year rule has been met.

Like I replied to your last post everything should be fine and I don't forsee any problems especially as you have a child who is a British Citizen, believe me the interests of the child is paramount especially towards the right of a private and family life.

Everything is in your favour...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi John,

Hope alls OK,,

With regards to your query basically if you cannot meet the financial requirement then you would have to go down the path of the 10 year route where the financial requirement does not have to be met.

This would ultimately delay the time your wife could apply for ILR up to 10 years from her arrival in the UK and would mean applying for further leave to remain every 30 months until that 10 year rule has been met.

Like I replied to your last post everything should be fine and I don't forsee any problems especially as you have a child who is a British Citizen, believe me the interests of the child is paramount especially towards the right of a private and family life.

Everything is in your favour...

Thank you for your encouragement once again
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thread Information