Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Visit visa granted - what's next?

Hello guys

After 3x attempt of applying a visa finally we've been granted a family visit visa for my mum. We would like her to come soon this early May so she'll be here before I give birth. Now, I want to make sure that everything will go smoothly when she travels it would be her first time leaving the country so you can imagine she's really scared lol. Now my question is now she got the visa. Does she needs to do or provide or attend cfo or anything else? Like a seminar or do TB test? What does she needs to bring/take with her?

Many thanks in advance!! xx
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 2nd May 2016 at 19:33. Reason: Title spacing altered!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    no need for tb, that is only for applicants that will stay 6 months or more in the uk. cfo as well are for filipino spouses or fiancee who are migrating to foreign countries.

make sure your mum has enough money for her expenses whislt in the airport etc. if the documents from vfs was returned to our mum, tell her to carry them as sometimes immigration in the philippines and in the uk will ask for invitation letters etc. just tell our mum not be nervous whilst facing immigration officer, they wont bite. good luck to her and hoping she will enjoy her journey.

Trusted Member
    Yes, important to have all her documents in her 'carry-on' bag.

Will she need to pay 'Travel Tax' at the airport when she leaves the Phils ?

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    yes she will pay for that unless its already included in her ticket. it will say on her ticket if the travel tax is included.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    no need for tb, that is only for applicants that will stay 6 months or more in the uk. cfo as well are for filipino spouses or fiancee who are migrating to foreign countries.

make sure your mum has enough money for her expenses whislt in the airport etc. if the documents from vfs was returned to our mum, tell her to carry them as sometimes immigration in the philippines and in the uk will ask for invitation letters etc. just tell our mum not be nervous whilst facing immigration officer, they wont bite. good luck to her and hoping she will enjoy her journey.
    hi melovesengland and grahamw48 thanks for your reply my mum will stay here in the UK for 6 months..so does it mean she needsa tb test? I guess probably it's better to do one to be safe.. haha I think she'll be nervous as it's her first time to be out of the country lol does she still need to pay terminal fee? if so, how much do you think it would be?

thanks a lot for your quick response really appreciate it we are now looking for her flights and it's soooo expensive nearly 1k pounds :/

Best regards,

Analou K.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    She won't need a TB test. It's only required for those staying more than 6 months. Travel tax is around PHP1650 I think and terminal fee is PHP500. Every Filipino leaving the Philippines has to pay for terminal fee.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Probably best to have around 3,000 pesos to take into the airport, to cover taxes and maybe some (expensive) refreshments.

My nephews had to pay 1620 php travel tax each when they left Philippines in December. Everything else was included in the flight tickets I purchased here in UK.

Wishing your mum a safe and comfortable trip to UK, I'm sure you all must be very excited!

Just like most everyone said..No TB certificate needed if your mum just visiting for 6months...no CFO needed as well but make sure to bring all the documents she submitted with VFS in case there's some questioning in the immigration.
    If you can, get here a direct flight with Philippine Airlines , I know the price is a bit dearer but she will be very comfortable going in and out England/Philippines as most passengers are Filipinos.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information