Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thumbs up Happy 90th Birthday, Your Majesty!

Slightly! But I'm glad to observe she isn't vain enough to eschew wearing her reading glasses in public and on television ... ... unlike that grouchy old bugger she's been married to for almost seven decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

Slightly! But I'm glad to observe she isn't vain enough to eschew wearing her reading glasses in public and on television ... ... unlike that grouchy old bugger she's been married to for almost seven decades.
    Maybe - as a [relative] youngster of 71 by comparison - I am 'a little' jealous ... since I've rarely been able to go anywhere without my specs for as long as I can remember.

Bet she had laser Arthur, she can afford it.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Bet she had laser Arthur, she can afford it.
    Hmmm .... 's possible, Steve. Although somehow, I don't think so.

... whilst the Queen is regularly seen wearing glasses, it's Prince Philip who seems to be the vain one.

I was in Windsor yesterday,its closeby,i saw her Majesty,fantastic day,i woke this morning feeling quite jingoistic

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I was in Windsor yesterday,its closeby,i saw her Majesty,fantastic day,i woke this morning feeling quite jingoistic
    Quite the logophile

Indeed

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Would like to've watched the programme, 'Elizabeth At 90 - A Family Tribute' on BBC1 from 9 o'clock until 10.10 last night. But "duty" called; ... "Line of Duty", that is - indeed, the penultimate episode in the current series - which was being screened simultaneously over on the BBC2 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Would like to've watched the programme, 'Elizabeth At 90 - A Family Tribute' on BBC1 from 9 o'clock until 10.10 last night. But "duty" called; ... "Line of Duty", that is - indeed, the penultimate episode in the current series - which was being screened simultaneously over on the BBC2 channel.
    ... priorities and all that, y'know!

Although ... truth be told, I admit to being a BIG fan of the Monarchy - "warts 'n' all" - and my wife is an even more avid supporter of HM ... only too well aware, that the hardships wrought upon the ordinary inhabitants born and brought up in the Philppines, are the legacy of a Presidential Republic.

I hope she lives to 100 years of age,longevity is in her family,it was a fantastic feel good day

Long live the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Long live the Queen
    Amen to that!

Thank you for all the POSITIVE feedback ... I have to confess to being a little worried when posting this thread, that support for the Monarchy might be in danger of falling into abeyance.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Long live the Queen

Indeed

Thread Information