Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

FLR (M) questions - Help please

Hello
    I am just completing my wife FLR (M) application and I am was wondering if you could be kind enough to answer a couple of question from the form which I am unsure about please.
    Background, my wife is here 5 year visa, with application FLR (M) spouse due next month. I am a British citizen but was not born in the UK, came here as a child in early 1990s.

Q.2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

I am applying for FLR(M), would the answer to this be Yes, or No

Q2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the below categories.

1)First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

2) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

Again as I am applying for FLR(M), would the correct option be number 2 from the above

3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any other nationality or nationalities

I was born in Pakistan , but came to UK when I think I was around 3 or 4 years old. What should the answer be for this?

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?

I am unsure at the precise date of when settlement was obtained as originally born in different country but came to UK when very young. should I put a best estimate?

3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?

As I came over here as a child, what basis would I have obtained settlement?

3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any other nationality or nationalities

As I was not born here but in Pakistan, does this mean I held other nationality? I do not have any other passport or anything?

3.4 Please provide details of any other nationality or nationalities your sponsor holds, or has ever held.

Do I put Pakistan here?

6.9 If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner?

Do I answer yes or no for this? there was 1 months delay from visa being granted and wife coming over?

6.21 Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage or civil partnership?
    Do I answer yes or no for this? there was several months delay from marriage to submitted the visa firm for initial clearance to visa being granted?

8.7 If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below. Please include here any information you wish to be considered about the welfare or best interests of any child or children you have in the UK. You must demonstrate that you have a genuine, subsisting and active parental relationship with the child?
    Do you have to put anything here?

9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
    My wife cant remember she had a fingerprints taken, is it likely she would have in as part of her initial entry clearance? Applied invaf4a form 2013

In section 13 it asks items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 9.

As we live with parent, we don’t have the joint utility bills and would struggle to have 6 individual as don’t have broadband, telephone bills etc. probably have 3 each and 1 joint bank account? Is this sufficient if put with covering letter explain this?
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 11th April 2016 at 23:59. Reason: Highlighted FLR(M)

Thread Information