Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SS route

You can do it tiger,you have one of those indefatigable spirits,be lucky

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Keep your hopes up,...my friend went down the same SS route,...but in Germany,... he was OAP, no money whatsoever,.no house,. very small pension,...and he succeeded !!
    He saved up money to get his wife to join him after he flew to Germany,... she immediately went to work in a Maccy D,... they stayed for a year before he could save enough cash to fly back to UK. They walked straight through customs , onlty slight hesitation when asked about her status on the visa.
    They now stay in a small rented cottage, have a small child, and are being kept quite comfortably off by the governments handouts at the moment !!!

Trusted Member
    Well, why not ?

If thousands of crooks, spongers and parasites from all over the uncivilised world can come over here, hidden inside trucks, only to be given more than some Brits who were born here...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyivy View Post
    Keep your hopes up,...my friend went down the same SS route,...but in Germany,... he was OAP, no money whatsoever,.no house,. very small pension,...and he succeeded !!
    He saved up money to get his wife to join him after he flew to Germany,... she immediately went to work in a Maccy D,... they stayed for a year before he could save enough cash to fly back to UK. They walked straight through customs , onlty slight hesitation when asked about her status on the visa.
    They now stay in a small rented cottage, have a small child, and are being kept quite comfortably off by the governments handouts at the moment !!!
    Excellent story mate,fair play to your pal,shows that there's no barrier to true love,and what an odd country we live in where a native brit has to jump through so many hoops just to be with their life partner whereas the european masses stroll unchecked through the borders

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thanks Graham I,ll start calling some of the m

Where are you thinking of settling when you get back to the UK tiger?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Thanks Graham I,ll start calling some of the m
    Good man.

Back in my own house in corby

Well the decision is due this week for family permit so hopefully this long journey is coming to a conclusion for us here in Ireland.teresa may slowly pulling up the drawbridge.will let you all know soon.brian

Well the decision is due this week for family permit so hopefully this long journey is coming to a conclusion for us here in Ireland. teresa may slowly pulling up the drawbridge. Will let you all know soon. brian
    Waiting with bated breath ... be lucky, Brian!

Well the decision is due this week for family permit so hopefully this long journey is coming to a conclusion for us here in Ireland.teresa may slowly pulling up the drawbridge.will let you all know soon.brian
    Everything's crossed for you mate.
    Hope it all goes to plan

BTW Brian, any news from Stuart (Imagine) ?

Good luck...

Trusted Member
    Good luck to you !

Yes he lives not far from me he originally planned to stay in Ireland but now he's applying for family permit like myself.so he,ll be about 4 weeks behind me in leaving if we get the visa

Trusted Member
    I wonder if somebody on State Pension (as I now am) can find a way to do it through this route ?

I also have all the documents needed to claim Irish Citizenship.

Problem I have, is not wanting to lose my precious council bungalow here in England.

Difficult one.

Disaster refused family permit apparently being in Ireland for 6 months isn't long enough for centre of life .on a side note Dora and her daughter who is 18 has been accepted as my dependants even though we are not married by the Irish government so now can't be deported.so next step is Irish residence card .so we will be here a little longer ,it's been a long journey

Northamptonshire where my house is .

Bit of a blow Brian, but at least some good news. How long will you have to be there?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Yes you are in a sticky situation can you not sub let it to someone you can trust

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Just picked up on this Brian, please keep us updated and good luck!

Trusted Member
    Oh dear.

Hang on in there Brian !

I wonder what's happened to 'Imagine' (Stuart) ?

We haven't heard from him for a while.

Disaster refused family permit apparently being in Ireland for 6 months isn't long enough for centre of life .on a side note Dora and her daughter who is 18 has been accepted as my dependants even though we are not married by the Irish government so now can't be deported.so next step is Irish residence card .so we will be here a little longer ,it's been a long journey
    Sorry to learn that Brian. Personally I think that decision seems a little harsh if you complied with regulations.
    Have no idea how much, if any, Brexit might have been a factor. Personally I can't think of any. Ireland and UK are pretty close.

Maybe the UKVI gave more info on their refusal for family permit that will give you something to work on ?

OK, means you'll all be staying there a little longer. Hopefully you can maintain finances for that.

Stay hopeful, stay there a while longer and really work on the next application in terms of just how you did transfer the centre of your lives.
    I wonder just how much of a factor is continued ownership of residential property in UK ? Maybe significant.

Stay positive you all, enjoy your time in Ireland as much as you can, stay happy and work on all those issues you need to resolve in order to secure that UK family permit.

Hi Terpe it's all down to the time spent in Ireland there is a recommended 90 days for centre of life well I done double that and still they refused on another day a different ECO would have granted it
    well now that the Irish government have granted us temporary r.c we are coming back and applying British r.c

Hi Graham Stewert is still here he had problems too they refused Irish r.c because they think his eBay business not real and have extended his temp stay for another 3 months he is very dejected right now he's planning to apply for family permit like me. but will struggle because of his business

Trusted Member
    Ok Brian... thanks for the update.

Again... fingers crossed for you, and of course our old friend Stewart.

I'v got all the proofs I need to claim Irish Citizenship now, but I'm not sure whether that will actually give me and the Mrs any advantage. (I'm on state pension now). I find the whole thing very confusing.

Yes graham you should have an advantage if irish citizenship .I think your too late to do ss route coz goverment will close it down once article 50 is triggered

Trusted Member
    Thanks mate.
    I'll investigate further when I get back from this sunny 'paradise'.

BOOM IRISH RESIDENCE GRANTED UK HERE WE COME

May i be the first of many to congratulate you mate, well done..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information