Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Angry North Cotobato Shootings

Security forces opened fire ... killing at least 3 people and injuring 116 more, as desperate farmers - stricken by food shortages arising from four months of drought - blockaded the Cotobato-Davao highway in Kidapawan City yesterday forenoon, after their appeals for help to the local Mayor and Provincial Governor - BOTH [surprise, surprise!] members of the nation's ruling party - were ignored.

87 others are believed missing in the wake of the melee, in which ... water cannon were also initially ( ... ... if somewhat ironically) deployed in an attempt to disperse the protesters.

http://interaksyon.com/article/12590...uman-barricade ...

Disappointingly - some 36 hours after this shocking incident - there hasn't been a single reply to this thread ... especially one sympathising with the awful plight of the [literally] poor farmers who are the backbone of the Philippines' *economy and, upon whom, *its future LARGELY depends!

There are always 2 or more sides to each story.

Yes, it's heartbreaking when people's lives are lost whatever actions are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    , Peter ... but I honestly fail to see how there can possibly be anything OTHER than one side to this story. ... these people are starving ... and the present administration is doing sod all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes, it's heartbreaking when people's lives are lost whatever actions are taken.
    It IS, indeed - with you there - and, in my humble opinion, desperate times [surely] call for desperate measures.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 4th April 2016 at 21:12. Reason: NOT edited - I simply pressed wrong button!

Totally agree, Arthur.

Children involved too. That's how low these security forces have stooped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Totally agree, Arthur.

Children involved too. That's how low these security forces have stooped.
    Thank you, Jamie ... it's beyond me, that more members haven't expressed their anger and indignation at this OUTRAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Thank you, Jamie ... it's beyond me, that more members haven't expressed their anger and indignation at this OUTRAGE!
    Not sure why. I wonder what they'd do if it was their families who were starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Not sure why. I wonder what they'd do if it was their families who were starving.
    Likewise, ... though I often wonder if there's some form of "syndicate" operating within the Philippines' [current] government ranks, that's designed to suppress free speech among the nation's inhabitants for fear of unpleasant reprisals!

A lot of people are saying that the farmers were infiltrated and agitated by NPA communist rebels..
    R.I.P

The PNP’s Mayor said that “acting upon guidance from Governor Mendoza,” the PNP troops under Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum conducted an operation to clear the highway in coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) to rescue the minors who joined the demonstration.
    “But before the PNP could start their operations, the protesters attacked them with poles and pieces of wood. Large rocks were also thrown at the policemen and at the stationary fire truck deployed to the area. A commotion followed, which resulted in injuries to the policemen and rallyists. As of last count, 40 policemen have been injured, with two in critical condition due to head trauma. We are consolidating information as regards the injured and two reported casualties on the side of the rallyists. All those injured were immediately brought to nearby hospitals to receive medical care,” the PNP report said.
    Mayor said several rallyists were also arrested, including an alleged commander of the NPA from Barangay Basak, Magpet, North Cotabato.
    http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...armers-protest

Logical perhaps??? Where did all that money come from anyway??

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Every time I try to see the video's Arthur, Internet Explorer stops working and I cannot see the news on this topic, sorry!

Fred, ... I'm sure you and I BOTH know that the Philippines' media is, for the most part, controlled by the Aquino/Cojuangco clans ... who have their "fingers on the pulse" as to what IS - and what ISN'T - reported in the press and on television.

Moreover, it is my understanding that - unlike the Davao City Mayor - Aquino's lackey, Roxas has been going around distributing sackfuls of rice (paid for from government funds) in a politically~motivated bid to garner support in the areas in which he chooses to campaign ... instead of dishing it out to where it is most needed. Hence the Kidapawan farmers' rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Fred, ... I'm sure you and I BOTH know that the Philippines' media is, for the most part, controlled by the Aquino/Cojuangco clans ... who have their "fingers on the pulse" as to what IS - and what ISN'T - reported in the press and on television.

Moreover, it is my understanding that - unlike the Davao City Mayor - Aquino's lackey, Roxas has been going around distributing sackfuls of rice (paid for from government funds) in a politically~motivated bid to garner support in the areas in which he chooses to campaign ... instead of dishing it out to where it is most needed. Hence the Kidapawan farmers' rally.

Art...Filipino`s are very well versed on how to get money from Political candidates in just about any situation just before an election... Thats not the money I was talking about..
    I was asking about the money that persuaded them to mass illegally...Where did that come from??
    No one cares about the farmers here in reality so why did a certain group of financiers fund this disturbance and what is their prize??
    Looks like these poor farmers were used for political purposes and whom paid a heavy price IMO.
    Very sad ,of course.

Thread Information