Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    So, like Michael, you have never been pigeon holed by having 'hey Joe' shouted at you?? or Mr Bean? ok not harsh, but if I was lilly livered and limp wristed I might have cried, specially when they stare are me. I have also had insults hurled at both me and my wife because I was a foreigner, with comments about the status of my foreskin!!
    As for the woman being called 'fat and ugly' I imagine that is quite subjective. For her I think it comes from the way you conduct yourself and your attitude. Maybe she deserved the calling. The 'N' word is, from my experience used a lot in the Philippines depending on skin colour, BUT it in my experience not used as a derogatory term. Many people in the rural areas would have no idea of the global 'PC' brigade and how everyone is so offended by the N word.
    Never been called Joe or Bean but I've been frequently called 'sir' but maybe it comes from the way I conduct myself and my attitude.

I think people only deserve abuse like that if they dish some of their own out first. Perhaps she did but we'll never know. She does come across quite respectable in the video though.

I agree on people not knowing that the N word isn't derogatory but this individual used other derogatory terms so can't be excused IMO unless for the reason stated previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Never been called Joe or Bean but I've been frequently called 'sir' but maybe it comes from the way I conduct myself and my attitude.

I think people only deserve abuse like that if they dish some of their own out first. Perhaps she did but we'll never know. She does come across quite respectable in the video though.

I agree on people not knowing that the N word isn't derogatory but this individual used other derogatory terms so can't be excused IMO unless for the reason stated previously.
    Yes Sir, Mr Jamie

Shey has a gorgeous 4 year niece old called Kate who has a slightly darker complexion. Depending on people's mood she gets called different things...
    Princess Kate
    Baluga Kate
    Nug-Nug

Non of it meant in a derogatory manner, but I must admit I was a bit shocked when I first heard it

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Never been called Joe or Bean

If you have never been called Joe, then I think you need to listen a bit harder. Every time I walk past the tricycle line I hear it, and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.

In my opinion, even though she 'seems' to be respectable, to have to air your rant on YouTube says it all. Why would she do this if she didn't have a axe to grind, tends to show me that she has an attitude that says 'look at me! look at me!' and anyone who doesn't fit into her tick box gets an ear full. I don't like people like that, and like I said before, if you go to a different country expect different culture and mindset. People saying racist things without knowing is not crime and I don't think things will change any time soon in Phils.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Everyone calls me Sir Mike!

and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.
    When I said I did, I wasn't referring you weren't. My attempt at a joke hence the wink.

and I always respect and conduct myself correctly.
    When I said I did, I wasn't referring you weren't. My attempt at a joke hence the wink.

In my opinion, even though she 'seems' to be respectable, to have to air your rant on YouTube says it all. Why would she do this if she didn't have a axe to grind, tends to show me that she has an attitude that says 'look at me! look at me!' and anyone who doesn't fit into her tick box gets an ear full. I don't like people like that, and like I said before, if you go to a different country expect different culture and mindset. People saying racist things without knowing is not crime and I don't think things will change any time soon in Phils.
    She seems to have multiple vids on a channel mostly about fashion so she's in it for the bucks I would imagine. She has also been featured on the news in the Phils. Can anyone translate?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Everyone calls me Sir Mike!
    No they don't Joe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information