Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

87-Year-Old Hoarder Evicted From House She's Occupied For Upwards Of Six Decades

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-hazard.html

Whilst my heart goes out to the elderly pensioner, it seems the drastic action taken, was the culmination of a long-running feud between the and the Housing Association - who owns the rented property - after repeated attempts [over a 3-year period] to persuade the woman that her hoarded possessions constituted a serious fire hazard, proved futile ... and each time she'd refused
    to budge.

Now there are [usually] two sides to such stories - something the Daily Snail would do well to remember - and [I think] ... ... it's fair to say this article is no exception.

Nonetheless, I definitely feel that the bailiffs and the police were being ham-fisted in the way they handled this situation!

But equally, I'm of the opinion that the woman's three [presumably still] able-bodied sons could've stepped in a whole lot sooner to allieviate their mother's predicament.

The sons should have had a boot up there backside, they should have sorted this out years ago, Idiots is all i can say about them,
    The stress that there mum must have gone through because maybe these so called brothers was still living there all this time is beyond me, IDIOTS

It's really a very sad story that should never have ended this way.
    If she'd owned the house what would have happened I wonder?

I agree with you Steve. What idiot sons would have continued her stress until this result.......

On the other hand if the media reports are to be believed it seems to have been a whole lot more than just over-the-top in execution.

How many folks with hoards of cats, dogs, rats, drugs, illegal immigrants, guns, explosives, chemicals etc etc etc get evicted and made homeless ?
    Not many I'd guess.
    End of my rant

Bad news sells papers, and its just like tv, all they want is bad news,
    There is always two sides to a story,
    Many many years ago i was being pursued by the CSA and they was demanding this and that and they was going to take all this money of me , I WILL SAY IT NOW I WAS PAYING WHAT I WAS ASKED TO PAY ,but different departments was not talking to each other,
    I had no choice but to go to the papers, and they came out and told my story but i had to get all the threatening letters next to me and look very upset for the pictures they wanted to take,
    I did win the case and i have the letters to prove it that i owe them nothing,
    I still have the letters to this day for the just in case they come back

Trusted Member
    Stupid CSA came after me... and my son was living with ME !

I never did chase the ex for all the money she owed ME !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Stupid CSA came after me... and my son was living with ME !
    really, Graham; ... to my mind, the authorities would surely be much, much better~employed concentrating on - and chasing-after - those who are costing the State [literally] millions in tax~evasion and suchlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    really, Graham; ... to my mind, the authorities would surely be much, much better~employed concentrating on - and chasing-after - those who are costing the State [literally] millions in tax~evasion and suchlike!
    Yes that is what they wanted you to believe too,
    But they chose to go after the easy targets first,
    Why go after someone who has so many kids with different women but does not work, it just makes no sense , but someone who is working but paying what is required , now thats easy,i could go on and on and on, but only those who have been involved really knows how it feels

Tbh , ... I'm a bit of a hoarder myself; a habit which hasn't been made any easier to break ... due to the fact that - over the years - I've fallen heir to items of quality household furniture that once belonged to long~deceased close relatives.

Having lived at my present address for 48 years come June ... I shudder to think what I'm going to do with them all should Myrna & I eventually decide to move to a smaller, more suitable house for an ageing couple.

Thread Information