Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Safety In Numbers?

Supporters of the campaign for to remain part of the European Union warn our nation could *lay itself wide open to terrorist attacks by voting to "go it alone". And ... ... doubtless they're confident their mission has been given a BOOST by Prime Minister, David Cameron's Easter message for us all to "stand united" in the face of last week's atrocities in Brussels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35906841

But I'm inclined to feel the *opposite is more likely to be true; ... as a relatively small island - in contrast to a much LARGER land mass - we're strategically less at risk if we leave the EU.

Who do you believe Arthur, thats the hardest thing for many to chose,
    I know for one that once you get some person from another country telling us its better to stay in well in my mind tell him to keep there noses out , its only good for them if we stay in,
    Terrorist are everywhere in different forms too, and i am sure that there are many here in this country who the police know about but as they have human rights and they have not done anything they cannot be touched,
    I am not for matching with other people ranting and raving and shouting silly things also i am not with the others holding hands with everyone saying love thy neighbor too,
    We have to try to carry on as normal hoping our government will make the right choices for its citizens, but soon it will be our choice to either have faith in the government our faith in Europe , me well i will give our government my vote not Europe

The EU will not accept a negative vote...The UK will probably do as their masters will them..
    If I am wrong,I will say I was wrong!

I hope you are wrong Fred, but like you i have my doubts , a big NO is what should be sent to them and it should be sent every time they come back with another carrot because that is what they will do,
    If we come out of Europe watch the others that will soon follow, they only ones to stay in will be those who offer nothing but seem to want everything , again just my own thoughts

I agree Steve, it may be difficult at first having to set up new trading treaties but I do believe we will be much stronger by going alone and making decisions that affect us and not the rest of Europe...

Thread Information