Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Expired Philippine Passport to Apply Naturalization...?

Hello to all, I posted a thread before about myself applying for naturalization with expired passport and gathered some good advices from the members here. I decided not to apply. Recently, I want to get all it done (passport and naturalization).

I did not renew my passport. I have not travel outside UK and I want to apply for naturalization. I've been reading (online) about this matter and there are applicants similar to my situation able to get naturalization .

What I need to do is prove that I never out from the country from the date of my passport expiration. ( According to my reading ).

Please, if you have some advices, I would really appreciate to hear it, it is either favourable or not. I would love to have it, it will help me making decision wether to renew my passport or not . Thank you all.

Hi PAT,
    If you're looking to apply British Passport my only advice is to be sure that the name on your Filipino passport is exactly the same as the name on your Naturalisation Certificate.

Thanks Terpe, I was planning to take SELT next month, but I don't have the Identification that I need to take the test. My ILR which is on my expired passport is not accepted as my identification. I do not have BRP as well as driving license. I called the SELT centre today and I was adviced to contact the Home Office for help. Is it true that all the ILR holders only have 10 years to stay here in UK and need to renew the visa?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Thanks Terpe, I was planning to take SELT next month, but I don't have the Identification that I need to take the test. My ILR which is on my expired passport is not accepted as my identification. I do not have BRP as well as driving license. I called the SELT centre today and I was adviced to contact the Home Office for help. Is it true that all the ILR holders only have 10 years to stay here in UK and need to renew the visa?
    ILR means Indefinite Leave to Remain ... the emphais being on the word, 'indefinite' - i.e., NO expiry date - for as long as the UK continues to be your MAIN residence ... ... at least that 's always been my understanding, Pat.

Hi Arthur Little, it is what I was I thinking, but my friend (she just got her citizenship ) told me that ILR now has changed and limited only ten years. I also thought it might be for the applicants who just got their ilr recently but not those who were granted fews years ago. Anyway, I decided to renew my passport and take the SELT test and citizenship afterwards. I can not take the test for the reason that I do not have the identification required by the SELT TEST team, so need to renew my passport. Thank you so much to you, to Terpe and all the members.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Hi Arthur Little, it is what I was I thinking, but my friend (she just got her citizenship ) told me that ILR now has changed and limited only ten years. I also thought it might be for the applicants who just got their ilr recently but not those who were granted fews years ago.
    Please don't take any offence PAT, but your friend knows nothing and is talking complete nonsense.
    The ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) is a permanent UK visa and allows holders to stay in the UK indefinitely. Means forever.

There's no change at all to the status of ILR holders.

There are some changes impacting current holders of Tier 1 visa who are looking to apply after 2018

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Your friend's probably talking about the date written on the BRP card. There's a validity date on it which lasts for 10 years. This doesn't mean that you would have to re-apply for ILR. That validity only means you have to change/replace your BRP card and get new biometrics, just like they do with driving licenses (where you have to renew it after how many years and provide new photos for it).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi raynaputi, that is what she probably meant to say or she might completely misunderstood. I will tell her about this.Thanks to you for your further explanation....I renew my passport soon and then next step will be citizenship.Thank very very much...��

Many thanks to Arthur Little too....

No problem at all Terpe, honestly I was so worried. I was reading and searching about this matter coz I really wanted to read it to confirmed but found nothing. Now, I really want to do my citizenship so there would be no worries anymore. I won't be panicking to get it done after all the information I've got but make sure I will have it before the next increase of visa fees I texted my friend to let her know .Thank you to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Please don't take any offence PAT, but your friend knows nothing and is talking complete nonsense.
    The ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) is a permanent UK visa and allows holders to stay in the UK indefinitely. Means forever.

There's no change at all to the status of ILR holders.

There are some changes impacting current holders of Tier 1 visa who are looking to apply after 2018

Thread Information