Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Exclamation Bringing my daughter to settle in the UK

Good day folks!

Its been quite a long time since Ive been here in the forum. I am back for more advices if its okay?

I have a daughter, 8 years old in Davao and I want to take her here for good now. She has visited the UK in 2014 for few weeks and we are coming into decision now that it is time for her to come here with us permanently.

Just few questions:

1. Can someone please give me links on ILE or child settlement visas guidance and form. Tips and experiences will be great too.

2. To the ladies: Has anyone here experienced renewing their childs passport by their relatives i.e sister, brothers, parents.

3. Health Surcharge: Can someone please give me a light with this? I havent got a clue what it is. A link or an experience would be great.

4. CFO: Does my daughter needs CFO sticker when she gets the visa? Can someone share their experience and advice me with the requirements they have submitted.

Every little advice is muchly appreciated and like I always do, I will return the favour in future.

Hi Which Visa have you got at the moment?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hi Which Visa have you got at the moment?
    Hello Sars, I have just lodge my citizenship application but I will be british citizen by the time I am going to apply for my daughters visa.

I can't give you any advice but just wanted to say, the very best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    I can't give you any advice but just wanted to say, the very best of luck
    Thanks Rosie1958. I will be needing a lot of that!

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Hello Sars, I have just lodge my citizenship application but I will be british citizen by the time I am going to apply for my daughters visa.
    HI, yes I did the same thing , I waited till I became British before we applied for my daughter's Indefinite Leave to Enter.
    We did accomplished vaf4a family settlement application and we registered an account here : https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome and filled in as much information as we could. I think its worth applying for the premium service as they were very polite and helpful.
    I did authorized my mum to apply for my daughter's passport beforehand, we sent a letter of authorization which we got notarized at the Philippine Embassy in London and send it to my Mum through DHL.
    Health surcharge , is not included with our application for ILE in 2014 but we did accomplished Appendix 1 to go with the settlement application.
    Yes, CEO sticker is required in your daughter's passport , we applied for it early in the morning and we get it the same day.
    TB Clearance Certficate is also needed in the application (my daughter has been visually check by a lady GP didnt undergo any scans and xrays) and we got the clearance certificate the same day but we booked it with IOM before it's due to submit documents with VFS.
    International Organization For Migration/
    Address: 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila, Philippines
    Phone:+63 2 848 1260
    Timeline for my daughter's ILE: six weeks and that's with my mum's visit visa at the same time.
    My other advise is to check the latest news and updates at. gov.uk website because as you know the rules and visa fees seems to be continuously changing.
    Good luck with the application , hope it is successful.

HI, yes I did the same thing , I waited till I became British before we applied for my daughter's Indefinite Leave to Enter.
    We did accomplished vaf4a family settlement application and we registered an account here : https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome and filled in as much information as we could. I think its worth applying for the premium service as they were very polite and helpful.
    I did authorized my mum to apply for my daughter's passport beforehand, we sent a letter of authorization which we got notarized at the Philippine Embassy in London and send it to my Mum through DHL.
    Health surcharge , is not included with our application for ILE in 2014 but we did accomplished Appendix 1 to go with the settlement application.
    Yes, CEO sticker is required in your daughter's passport , we applied for it early in the morning and we get it the same day.
    TB Clearance Certficate is also needed in the application (my daughter has been visually check by a lady GP didnt undergo any scans and xrays) and we got the clearance certificate the same day but we booked it with IOM before it's due to submit documents with VFS.
    International Organization For Migration/
    Address: 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila, Philippines
    Phone:+63 2 848 1260
    Timeline for my daughter's ILE: six weeks and that's with my mum's visit visa at the same time.
    My other advise is to check the latest news and updates at. gov.uk website because as you know the rules and visa fees seems to be continuously changing.
    Good luck with the application , hope it is successful.

Thank you Sars. Another hing, my daughter will be around 9 years old by the time I will apply for her ILE. Does she need tb certificate? I read it somewhere that only 12 above will undergo a test.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Thank you Sars. Another hing, my daughter will be around 9 years old by the time I will apply for her ILE. Does she need tb certificate? I read it somewhere that only 12 above will undergo a test.
    My Daughter is also Nine when we applied for ILE .
    Yes , TB Clearance Certificate is included to go with the visa application.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

All children must see a clinician who’ll decide if they need a chest x-ray. Children under 11 will not normally have a chest x-ray.
    You must take your child to an approved clinic and complete a health questionnaire. If the clinician decides your child doesn’t have TB they’ll give you a certificate. Include this certificate with your child’s UK visa application.

My Daughter is also Nine when we applied for ILE .
    Yes , TB Clearance Certificate is included to go with the visa application.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

All children must see a clinician who’ll decide if they need a chest x-ray. Children under 11 will not normally have a chest x-ray.
    You must take your child to an approved clinic and complete a health questionnaire. If the clinician decides your child doesn’t have TB they’ll give you a certificate. Include this certificate with your child’s UK visa application.
    Thank you so much! This will be a great help. If you have links that might help me understand and prepare more for the visa please leave it here so I can review and study beforehand. Thank so much again for the help.

Hi,
    I'm still on spouse visa - my daughter just arrive UK in January. She had to attend peer counselling at the CFO building. She must bring her orig and photocopies of passport and visa and extra iD for the security guard at the reception, and pay the fee for the couselling/sticker.
    She also had TB test done. Since she was under 18 when it was done, I had to email an authorisation for my aunt to accompany her for tb test.
    Regarding the health surcharge, we had to pay for it before we could submit her visa application. I remember there is a link in website that takes you to the page where it will help determine if you are required to pay the health surcharge and it also calculates how much you will pay. .. We paid £600 for my daughter's. You need the IHS number for the visa application. You will get one once you've paid.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi,
    I'm still on spouse visa - my daughter just arrive UK in January. She had to attend peer counselling at the CFO building. She must bring her orig and photocopies of passport and visa and extra iD for the security guard at the reception, and pay the fee for the couselling/sticker.
    She also had TB test done. Since she was under 18 when it was done, I had to email an authorisation for my aunt to accompany her for tb test.
    Regarding the health surcharge, we had to pay for it before we could submit her visa application. I remember there is a link in website that takes you to the page where it will help determine if you are required to pay the health surcharge and it also calculates how much you will pay. .. We paid £600 for my daughter's. You need the IHS number for the visa application. You will get one once you've paid.
    Thanks Dann for the information. This will help me bigtime!

Thread Information