Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target £30, So far £0 (0%)


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37
  1. #1
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    23,593
    Rep Power
    150

    "Like Science Fiction Nightmare", Say Christian Bakers In Gay Marriage Case

    Pair insist they'd do it again ... and I, for one, admire them for sticking to their guns.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...cake-case.html



  2. #2
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    23,593
    Rep Power
    150
    ... lest anyone should think I am homophobic, I'm NOT, ... I simply adhere to the traditional view that marriage is intended to be between two people of the opposite gender.


  3. #3
    Respected Member SimonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    150
    Good for them, if they don't like poofs then it's their prerogative not to serve them


  4. #4
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,247
    Rep Power
    150
    I think gays and lessie's have a serious brain problem because something's not right, just my opinion


  5. #5
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,247
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... lest anyone should think I am homophobic, I'm NOT, ... I simply adhere to the traditional view that marriage is intended to be between two people of the opposite gender.
    Correct Arthur


  6. #6
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    So if you had children or grand children and they came to tell you they where gay, would you still think they have a brain problem ,
    Being the father of a gay son you see things different from someone who has no idea , live and let live i say, but like you its just my opinion


  7. #7
    Respected Member Longweekend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    65
    Difficult decision when it affects you, one just hopes that your offspring follow the usual route......


  8. #8
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denbigh, North Wales
    Posts
    7,372
    Rep Power
    150
    I have gay friends and relatives and I don't think they have serious brain problems. They're just normal people with different preferences like everyone else. I'd be happy to have them as company than be with people judging others' lives through their gender preferences.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...



  9. #9
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Difficult decision when it affects you, one just hopes that your offspring follow the usual route......
    Thats the problem these days what is the usual route, times are indeed changing,
    Most of our parents married and lived together no matter what, till death do us part and it does still happen , but look at some of us , 2/3 or even more wives , older wives , younger wives ,
    I use to say when i was in the Phils , look at them he is old enough to be her dad, even grandad, and Ems use to say, AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY WHAT HAS IT TO DO WITH OTHERS, WISE WOULDS,
    I now live by that , what has it got to do with others


  10. #10
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I have gay friends and relatives and I don't think they have serious brain problems. They're just normal people with different preferences like everyone else. I'd be happy to have them as company than be with people judging others' lives through their gender preferences.
    Indeed


  11. #11
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    23,593
    Rep Power
    150
    BOTH Steve and Rayna have raised s. NONE of us ... ... after all, is given the choice as to our [inate] sexual orientation.

    ... in other words, individual sexual preferences are inborn! Because of this, of course, I'm fully aware there will always be those who "bat the other way", so to speak. Although relieved to be totally heterosexual, I am equally conscious of the expression, "there but for the grace of God, go I!" Therefore, if I discovered I had a close relative who turned out to be gay, it certainly wouldn't mean I'd love that person any the less.

    Having said as much, I still maintain that sanctioning 'gay marriage' is a step too far.

    I hope I've managed to make myself clear.


  12. #12
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Thank you Arthur,
    I was not getting at you at all about this thread, and i also say what these people stood up for is right too,
    Its the silly remarks that gays and lessies have something wrong with them , silly words


  13. #13
    Respected Member SimonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    150
    It's about discrimination and nothing else. The couple in question should be allowed to sell or not sell to who they wish.
    To put it into perspective I'm going to find a Muslim owned cake shop and order a Christening cake, with the words welcome to the Christian world on it. I wonder if I'll be served or more to the point will the shop owners be taken to court when they don't serve me


  14. #14
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It's about discrimination and nothing else. The couple in question should be allowed to sell or not sell to who they wish.
    To put it into perspective I'm going to find a Muslim owned cake shop and order a Christening cake, with the words welcome to the Christian world on it. I wonder if I'll be served or more to the point will the shop owners be taken to court when they don't serve me


    I agree too, you should be allowed to say no, I am sure there will be someone else prepared to help you further down the road


  15. #15
    Respected Member bigmarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    4,051
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I have gay friends and relatives and I don't think they have serious brain problems. They're just normal people with different preferences like everyone else. I'd be happy to have them as company than be with people judging others' lives through their gender preferences.
    Sadly I wasn't able to give you a rep but I'll owe you one. A truly sensible post among some downright nastiness.


  16. #16
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Thanks for the rep Marco, and I get that too, must pass reps around


  17. #17
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,075
    Rep Power
    150
    I can't say I'm surprised that these people were taken to court. After all, in this day and age in the UK, if you're either gay, muslim, or originate from Angola, you have more rights than anyone else. The rest of us don't deserve to have rights and beliefs it seems.


  18. #18
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denbigh, North Wales
    Posts
    7,372
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Sadly I wasn't able to give you a rep but I'll owe you one. A truly sensible post among some downright nastiness.
    Thanks Marco..I can't just grasp the hate towards gays/lesbians around here..among the other things.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...



  19. #19
    Trusted Member jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    philippines
    Posts
    1,868
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having said as much, I still maintain that sanctioning 'gay marriage' is a step too far.
    Do you also feel the same way about Civil partnerships?


  20. #20
    Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Posts
    2,378
    Rep Power
    79
    I just wish the world only had the, so called Ďproblemí of there being homosexuals, as long as my right not be be one is respected and I am not forced to support views and lifestyles which I do not wish to do so.

    In the case of the bakers: I see it should be oneís right to serve people, be friends with or not, etc anyone you do not want to associate with.

    I live in Spain, I donít want a law which says the Spanish must like me. If they do thatís great if not, so what and I will continue not, at every opportunity, to shove my proclivities down their throats, insisting they have to accept them.


  21. #21
    Respected Member mendoza82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    31
    I have a gay brother,believe me he brings joy to our family.he is unique and have this ability to make everyone smile/laugh in his effortless way.i love gays and I think they deserve a fair respect like every men and women get.Thats my opinion.


  22. #22
    Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Posts
    2,378
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    I have a gay brother,believe me he brings joy to our family.he is unique and have this ability to make everyone smile/laugh in his effortless way.i love gays and I think they deserve a fair respect like every men and women get.Thats my opinion.
    Don't you think we have lost the plot ?

    We should not respect people, because they are gay, black, tall, short, stupid etc. If we respect them because of their differences we are discriminating for or against them, instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.


  23. #23
    Respected Member SimonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Thanks Marco..I can't just grasp the hate towards gays/lesbians around here..among the other things.
    Strange, I've seen no hate shown towards anyone.
    Just a personal view which didn't express any emotion of hatred


  24. #24
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    There are lots of people in this world and maybe there are a few people on this forum who are lets say not the norm, but does that make us any different from each other, we all breath and we all will one day die,
    Like you say Simon it was a personal view but it did say he thinks that gays and lessies have a brain problem,
    I could not stay quite on this at all and i dont think anyone who has a son , daughter or any friend who are different to us so called normal people as they say thats why i replied ,
    My son i love and i am proud of him , he works hard saves hard , drinks to much, and has such a gathering of great friends girls and boys he is just amazing, i see him no different to anyones child,
    Again this is just my opinion just like ever other person on here, but please try to get your facts rights before we start calling someone who maybe is a little different then ourselves


  25. #25
    Respected Member SimonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    150
    My thoughts too Steve. I know several gay people and some are very good friends, just because I used the term 'poof' doesn't mean I think any less of them. In fact I use this term affectionately to their face. They just laugh as they know I don't mean any offence


  26. #26
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.
    Well said that man


  27. #27
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,247
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    My thoughts too Steve. I know several gay people and some are very good friends, just because I used the term 'poof' doesn't mean I think any less of them. In fact I use this term affectionately to their face. They just laugh as they know I don't mean any offence
    Correct!


  28. #28
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    My thoughts too Steve. I know several gay people and some are very good friends, just because I used the term 'poof' doesn't mean I think any less of them. In fact I use this term affectionately to their face. They just laugh as they know I don't mean any offence
    And this is what you get Simon, they like to laugh and tell a joke, just like you and me


  29. #29
    Trusted Member stevewool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    18,922
    Rep Power
    150
    I watched the tv the other night 24 hours in A&E,
    There was a doctor on there who was gay, infact there seems to be lots of clever people who are different to the norm ,


  30. #30
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,075
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post

    We should not respect people, because they are gay, black, tall, short, stupid etc. If we respect them because of their differences we are discriminating for or against them, instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.
    Absolutely spot on


  31. -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Life "Tastes Good Again" for Nigella, Two Years After Marriage Crumbles!
    By Arthur Little in forum Culture, Food & Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st September 2015, 12:49
  2. APPLICATION FORM "How to" "What to"
    By brokenpieces in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13th April 2012, 23:39
  3. Marriage Certificate - "Advance Endorsement"
    By juvyjones28 in forum UK VISA/British Citizenship
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st January 2012, 16:10
  4. Must read..." marriage"...please share
    By love8888 in forum Courting, Relationships & Weddings
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22nd August 2010, 22:02
  5. How long is the pre-marriage "counselling" valid for?
    By DaveUK in forum Legal Information
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th April 2009, 21:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum