Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Going back to Philippines

Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks, I just don't know where I can find products in bulk to bring in Philippines best examples are chocolates and biscuits? Where can I buy those in bulk and cheap? thanks

Netto`?

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks, I just don't know where I can find products in bulk to bring in Philippines best examples are chocolates and biscuits? Where can I buy those in bulk and cheap? thanks
    uk chocolate is not the same mix as uk chocolate which is imported to philippines,
    wrap any chocolate up well in bubble wrap, it will insulate them against the heat, if they are in your cargo luggage it should be cool there, but the heat quickly affects them once you exit the airport, untill you can get them to a fridge

Decent coffee and proper salt are the first things that spring to mind to bring

i brought tea with me after my visit last September 2014.
    Not everything started out as perfect, even diamonds started out as coal...

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    What do you mean Simon?? Proper salt??????
    Whats wrong with 3 in one coffee anyway?? Jokes aside..If you dont like Nescafe instant there are usually lots of different brands of fresh coffee beans etc in the imported isles at malls..I would have thought you had access to a far wider selection where you are than I do here??

Looked for Nescafé in Savers and Pure Gold but only found the powder variety not granules or Gold Blend , maybe I should have a look in SM

Looked for Nescafé in Savers and Pure Gold but only found the powder variety not granules or Gold Blend , maybe I should have a look in SM
    sm malls usualy have

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    sm malls usualy have
    Thanks Stuart,
    I'll have a look

Hi guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the winter! Hahaha. Anyway I will be going back to Philippines for two weeks.
    ................... 'll be nice for you Jen! ... enjoy your visit.

Sorry my question is confusing! Sorry to confuse you, but I am looking for a store where I can buy bulk chocolates etc?

Sorry my question is confusing! Sorry to confuse you, but I am looking for a store where I can buy bulk chocolates etc?
    - honestly, you haven't me - it's just I cannot seem to think of a suitable answer to your question ... !

Respected Member
    It will need to be a wholesale/cash&carry place such as Costco - there will be one near you. Or one of the Cadbury's outlet stores. There is one at Clarks Village in Somerset, maybe there is one closer to you.

Pound shop for chocolate

Cadbury's store, bags of the odd shapes......

How about the shop at Cadbury World in Birmingham ?

I'm going back a couple of years but we always bought bulk there. Many items you just couldn't buy anywhere else.

If you wanted to do the tour you could do that as well. It's not bad. Plenty of free chocs

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We bought all the boxes and tins of biscuits and chocolates during Christmas season..lots of sale that time. Hahaha
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Mystique View Post
    i brought tea with me after my visit last September 2014.
    You're milking it now

I know of a place not that far from Merseyside in North Wales that has some surplus stock left over from Xmas. Boxes and tins of biscuits and chocolates. Apparently the owners are away in South-East Asia.

All you need is a crowbar.

Get yourself a Costco membership,everything in bulk and dirt cheap,i have even seen canada goose jackets in there for 400 quid,thats half price.Loads of chocolates but i havent priced them though much cheaper than the supermarkets.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quite a few M&S shops in Manila now. They do decent Coffee among other things.

Hi Guys! thank you so much for your help, I already bought some of it and I found a Cadbury, Thornton's and Lindt outlet stores in Cheshire Oaks. I know it's cold here and in Philippines will be really hot in April, I am just concern if my chocolates will melt when I go back? Any way to avoid it? Aside from not putting the chocs inside the fridge

Trusted Member
    Yes they (Cadburys) will melt... from recent experience. Put straight in a fridge upon arrival... or eat.

Cheaper brands seem to fare better... probably because they're full of lots of 'other' stuff.

Coming from York (with its huge chocolate factory... Rowntrees, now taken over by Nestle), as I do, I can tell you that chocolate destined for hotter export markets such as the Philippines is made to a different recipe and also has different packaging.

Just try to keep it out of the sun and then into a fridge or aircon room, and all should be ok though. It probably won't be sitting around for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes they (Cadburys) will melt... from recent experience. Put straight in a fridge upon arrival... or eat.

Cheaper brands seem to fare better... probably because they're full of lots of 'other' stuff.

Coming from York (with its huge chocolate factory... Rowntrees, now taken over by Nestle), as I do, I can tell you that chocolate destined for hotter export markets such as the Philippines is made to a different recipe and also has different packaging.

Just try to keep it out of the sun and then into a fridge or aircon room, and all should be ok though. It probably won't be sitting around for too long.
    How did you pack it? I am a bit worried that it might smear everywhere inside my luggage!

Trusted Member
    There was no smearing, because most of the time my baggage (on the way to the Phils) was in aircon surroundings... or freezing cold waiting for a bus in England.

I did pack the bars in sealed plastic bags and lunchboxes though...as I also do with shaving foam, etc. The lunchboxes also come in handy for storing stuff in the Phils... away from the damned ants !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    There was no smearing, because most of the time my baggage (on the way to the Phils) was in aircon surroundings... or freezing cold waiting for a bus in England.

I did pack the bars in sealed plastic bags and lunchboxes though...as I also do with shaving foam, etc. The lunchboxes also come in handy for storing stuff in the Phils... away from the damned ants !

Thank you so much, ill do some of it. By the way, just to make it clear, I am allowed to travel back in Philippines without my british husband right? I am an FLR (m) holder.

By the way, just to make it clear, I am allowed to travel back in Philippines without my british husband right? I am an FLR (m) holder.
    Yes, at the stage you're at, Jen it's perfectly permissible for you to travel back home without your husband ... so long as you limit your visit to no more than say, a few weeks out of the UK.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Never taken anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Yes, at the stage you're at, Jen it's perfectly permissible for you to travel back home without your husband ... so long as you limit your visit to no more than say, a few weeks out of the UK.
    Yes I will just be for two weeks because of my grandma, she is ill then I cannot really be apart of my husband for more than two weeks, won't be able to cope with it! hahaha. He can't go back with me because we are saving for another house.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Never taken anything!
    What do you mean sorry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information