Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hatton Gardens Heist

Below is a link to revolving images ... depicting - from ALL angles - the incredible scene in the aftermath of 's BIGGEST~ever burglary:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-burglary.html
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 17th January 2016 at 00:21.

Buried Treasure - Jewel Stash Concealed Under Memorial Stone

Stealing £14 million worth of gold and jewelry is, indeed, a grave offence.

But raider, Daniel Jones was dead certain he could hang on to his share of the loot, after stashing it away ... in a cemetery!

Officers discovered the bag hidden under a memorial to the 58-year-old's father-in-law.

But police kept schtum about their find following Jones's arrest and, when he offered to lead them to where he'd hidden it, it was to the grave of another deceased relative of his wife's he'd taken them - claiming, "'s ALL there is ... ... you've got the rest!"

However, Jones's carefully~planned strategy went cockeyed when the gang - who met regularly after the raid - were secretly recorded by detectives investigating the robbery.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quite a neat job Arthur, us Seniors are very tidy

Whilst I'm NOT condoning criminal activity, - far from it - I cannot help habouring a kind of secret admiration for the detailed planning that goes into some of those BIG jobs ... as long as nobody gets physically harmed in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Whilst I'm NOT condoning criminal activity, - far from it - I cannot help habouring a kind of secret admiration for the detailed planning that goes into some of those BIG jobs ... as long as nobody gets physically harmed in the process.
    Unfortunately, too often, someone does get hurt ... or killed.

I think many people feel them same way . Nobody was hurt apart from those hiding their wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I think many people feel the same way. Nobody was hurt apart from those hiding their wealth.
    Phew! Thank you, Marco ... pleased to see someone else shares the same viewpoint. Tbh ... I'd been a wee bit worried in case readers of that particular statement of mine imagined I had taken leave of my senses.

Phew! Thank you, Marco ... pleased to see someone else shares the same viewpoint. Tbh ... I'd been a wee bit worried in case readers of that particular statement of mine imagined I had taken leave of my senses.
    If they had got away with it and no one was harmed, I would have said good luck to them

Ok let's think of it another way

No one was harmed

Good luck to them

It was insured anyway

Hang on a second though, are insurance companies registered charities or are they a business. They pay out and our premiums go up to cover the costs

So, once again was anyone harmed, or would it have been just our wallets if they'd got away with it

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Ok let's think of it another way

No one was harmed

Good luck to them

It was insured anyway

Hang on a second though, are insurance companies registered charities or are they a business. They pay out and our premiums go up to cover the costs

So, once again was anyone harmed, or would it have been just our wallets if they'd got away with it
    Most items held in Security deposits are not insured or probably insurable.

Also. many items stolen in such cases is never reported to the police, for a variety of reasons, so often it may not be known just how much was really stolen in such cases.

Anyone who steals steals from 'all of us' one way or another. And the police, court, lawyers time, prison costs etc, comes out of our pockets.

Also, that people may not have been injured or worse is similar cases does not mean there were no plans for that to happen, should 'it become necessary.'

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Most items held in Security deposits are not insured or probably insurable.

Also. many items stolen in such cases is never reported to the police, for a variety of reasons, so often it may not be known just how much was really stolen in such cases.

Anyone who steals steals from 'all of us' one way or another. And the police, court, lawyers time, prison costs etc, comes out of our pockets.

Also, that people may not have been injured or worse is similar cases does not mean there were no plans for that to happen, should 'it become necessary.'
    Good point

Just seen the movie trailer,release date is april sadly as i will be away,but the film looks good and who wouldnt be tempted by all that bling

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

"There`s old school" and then "There`s just old"!!
    One of em was 76!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    One of em was 76!
    You would have thought he would know better at that age, but sometimes they are just set in there own little world .

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    You would have thought he would know better at that age, but sometimes they are just set in there own little world .
    I believe there is around 20 Million still not recovered. So not a bad little earner even if they have to do some time. Not many of us have 'savings' like that !

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    One of em was 76!
    No such thing as old Fred, I don't feel old yet and I'm 75 this year I think or is it 45?

I believe there is around 20 Million still not recovered. So not a bad little earner even if they have to do some time. Not many of us have 'savings' like that !
    Cracking Job

They were safety deposit boxes so no one really knows.. The box owners would have overestimated their loss by potentially a huge amount.

You are as old as you feel, and I am feeling 41, I wonder who is feeling younger then that ,and he better not get caught either

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    No such thing as old Fred, I don't feel old yet and I'm 75 this year I think or is it 45?
    That's the problem your mind goes so you can't remember your age once you are old

Thread Information