Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This?

Sometimes, I think ... "if I wrote articles simply for 'the good of my
    health'
    ... ... I'd surely be dead by now!"

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ome-And-Abroad refers in particular.

Well Arthur , i could say lots but its down to each of us to be happen ,
    I have thought about what i write and if i enjoy what i am saying thats all that matters, sometimes you may get someone who may comment and then you comment back and so on,
    But then you may get no one who says anything at all, i am guilty of that on may threads i may just say,
    But i would rather have no comments then a comment from someone who you know is not interested at all,
    Just my own thoughts maybe

Plus how much could you save by not sending cards , yes tight but think on the cost of the card and the stamp too, , bah humbug

Newbie (Restricted Access) Fil/Am Art's Avatar
    Xmas Cards! What are those? Never seen one in the 17 yrs we have lived here! They have Facebook.
    The only mail we get is our local bank and cellphone postpaid statements and billing statements. The Philippines seems not to believe in paperless billing statements, because I've already tried to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil/Am Art View Post
    Xmas Cards! What are those? Never seen one in the 17 yrs we have lived here! They have Facebook.
    The only mail we get is our local bank and cellphone postpaid statements and billing statements. The Philippines seems not to believe in paperless billing statements, because I've already tried to no avail.
    Yes. One of the first things I noticed. No post here I mean.
    I get the usual utility bills always hand delivered and stuck in wherever, never in envelopes.

Nothing else seems to get posted.
    I do get an online bill from PLDT but that gets duplicated by a paper one with a payment stub attached.

No Christmas cards, no birthday cards. Although they available for sale if you look hard enough in some of our larger city malls

Quote Originally Posted by Fil/Am Art View Post
    Tbh ... I'm with the Phils on that score ... never was I more thankful to receive my bills in proper *paper form, than when applying for my wife's various visas on the trot, several years' ago. Well ... ... as thankful as ANYONE'S ever likely to be when they're on the receiving end.

WHY so? ... Consider this: *These - especially our Council Tax Billings - provided the BEST means of proving that the pair of us were still married and living at the same address when the time came for her to apply for ILR.

I noticed that on Harlene's birthday. Where I bought her card with me from UK, she didn't receive any from anyone else! Same goes for our wedding... Only the wedding card I bought.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    I noticed that on Harlene's birthday. Where I bought her card with me from UK, she didn't receive any from anyone else! Same goes for our wedding... Only the wedding card I bought.
    My wife and I never buy cards for each other on any occasion, my feeling is it's just a waste of money and they only end up being shredded!

I have cards I have kept from my late parents and other departed family that hold good memories for me.
    Mick.

Funny that mick , i have Ems first card she sent me for my birthday, the rest after a week they are thrown away

Thread Information