Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: USA and Florida

USA and Florida

Its been a good few years since i went to the USA around 7 years infact,
    Then i took my own sat nav with a sd card with maps of the USA,
    I have just found the sd card and in it went into the sat nav and yes it fired up,
    Do you think there has been many changes in those 7 years like road changers and so on, i dont mind getting lost a little sometimes, so i was thinking of taking this on our next trip,
    Whats your thoughts

Trusted Member
    I can't answer that question Steve, but thanks for reminding me of the wonderful holiday I had there with my son, back in 2007.

Respected Member
    It depends on where you're going. Not much has changes on the Hawaiian Islands :-)

There will have been changes in urban areas but overall it will be fine, just like using a car over here with a 7 year old sat nav (so any car older than 2008 with it built in for example).

You can rent a Sat Nav from your car rental agency too. Many cars also have it built in (and its easier than renting with built-in Nav in Europe and trying to master Finnish/Swedish/Italian to program it!).

Thanks Trefor, i was looking on Ebay you can rent a new one for very little, but my old one works fine I THINK,
    Renting one with the car is the same price as buying a new one so i will not go down that street, maybe if mine packs up i may pop into the local walmart and buy a new one once there

My missus wants to go to Florida next year and I'm cringing at the fact it's going to cost a fortune just to get the visa for her.Im thinking about convincing her to wait another year when she has completed her ILR and gets a British passport.its much easier and also won't require a 600 quid outlay for an embassy visit.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    My missus wants to go to Florida next year and I'm cringing at the fact it's going to cost a fortune just to get the visa for her.Im thinking about convincing her to wait another year when she has completed her ILR and gets a British passport.its much easier and also won't require a 600 quid outlay for an embassy visit.
    US Visa cost $160. Although travelling to London is the one that would cost you a lot. I applied for mine when we went back to Manila in November 2013 to avoid travelling to London.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Never rent GPS from a hire company, they charge about $70. These days, you can use a mobile. Try the free ones at http://www.androidauthority.com/best...ndroid-357870/ Some, like Sygic, have the Philippine map for free as well.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Cheers Keith

Thread Information