Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

To begin with the visa application and all its forms?

Hello to you all

My wife has finally got her all clear TB certificate today :-)

We are now at long last in a position to begin to fill in and complete the visa forms

I have found this one here below
    https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Are there any more forms that we must fill in and complete?
    I await anxiously to get on with this now

Thank you
    Regards
    LG
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 12th January 2016 at 03:11. Reason: Changed to Capital Initial Letter at start of the thread title.

Just this one and the financial requirements Form. Add that to your supporting documents.

Register for an account. Select apply for a visa. Select settlement and spouse.

Just this one and the financial requirements Form. Add that to your supporting documents.

Register for an account. Select apply for a visa. Select settlement and spouse.
    (APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM)............Is this the correct form?

Hello cheekee
    Thanks for this
    Also today, my wife paid a visit to the CFO while she was in Manila before she went on to the TB clinic to collect her passed certificate.

There she attended a seminar and at the end of this course, she was told that once she gets her visa?
    Bring her passport back and they will put the sticker upon one of the pages.

How are things going with you?

Regards
    LG

We are good thank you.

My wife got her spouse visa and she is now in the UK.

My wife got her spouse visa and she is now in the UK.
    Fantastic news cheekee
    well done and congratulations to you both after all the hard work
    Is this her 1st time here to the UK?

Could you please tell me more about what happen once your wife got her visa, what I mean is this....
    What does this all mean about the 28 days and a time limit for your wife to come to the UK and letting the visa officials know the date of her departure, which is already booked and that the ticket is paid for even before if and when you will know if she will or when she get visa or not?
    This part I cannot get my head around

Regards
    LG

Quote Originally Posted by lloydegbrick View Post
    Fantastic news cheekee

Could you please tell me more about what happen once your wife got her visa, what I mean is this....
    What does this all mean about the 28 days and a time limit for your wife to come to the UK and letting the visa officials know the date of her departure, which is already booked and that the ticket is paid for even before if and when you will know if she will or when she get visa or not?

Regards
    LG
    Hi LG,
    Do not book any travel ticket where the departure cannot be changed until she has the visa. There is no way at all to know when she will be able to travel.

When she fills out the form she will state a date for her preferred date of travel.
    This cannot be more than 3 months advance of the date of application.
    If the visa is granted before her stated date of travel then she will need to wait until the visa is valid before she can secure the CFO sticker and before she can enter UK
    If the visa is granted after her stated date of travel then the visa will be valid from the date the decision to grant was made.

The travel visa will have a 30 day window to prepare for the relocation and to enter the UK.
    If she does not travel within that window she will need to get a new entry visa.

Once she arrives to the UK she'll have 10 days to pick up her Biometric Card from the post office.
    She needs to do this.

(APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM)............Is this the correct form?

Hello cheekee
    Thanks for this
    Also today, my wife paid a visit to the CFO while she was in Manila before she went on to the TB clinic to collect her passed certificate.

There she attended a seminar and at the end of this course, she was told that once she gets her visa?
    Bring her passport back and they will put the sticker upon one of the pages.

How are things going with you?

Regards
    LG
    She can only get the CFO sticker once her travel visa is valid. This may not be the same as when she receives it.

Fantastic news cheekee

Regards
    LG
    We didn't buy plane tickets until we knew the visa was granted. If you buy tickets and the visa is refused you waste your money.

If the spouse visa is granted your wife will get a 30 day visa in her passport. She must Travel to the UK in that time. If she doesn't then a replacement visa must be applied for

Once in the UK she will pick up her biometric residence card which is her spouse visa once the 30 day one in the passport runs out. That is her proof that she has the right to be in the UK

If you follow the rules of the application and have all the requirements needed before you apply there should not be any reason why the visa would not be granted.I know there is always the odd jobsworth but as a rule they also have protocols to follow and if everything is satisfactory the visa will appear.good luck

Hi LG,
    Do not book any travel ticket where the departure cannot be changed until she has the visa. There is no way at all to know when she will be able to travel.
    Thank you for this Terpe
    Regards
    LG

We didn't buy plane tickets until we knew the visa was granted. If you buy tickets and the visa is refused you waste your money.

If the spouse visa is granted your wife will get a 30 day visa in her passport. She must Travel to the UK in that time. If she doesn't then a replacement visa must be applied for
    Thank you cheekee for this info
    Regards to you both
    LG

If you follow the rules of the application and have all the requirements needed before you apply there should not be any reason why the visa would not be granted. I know there is always the odd jobsworth but as a rule they also have protocols to follow and if everything is satisfactory the visa will appear. Good luck
    Thank you Robbie

Hello all
    In sending my documents
    I know that I only need to send a copy of my passport

Do I have to send the original copy of my birth certificate as well?

The reason I'm asking this, In heard that they do not send your originals back to you (in other words, they keep them) and is because I still need my birth certificate here with me for legal purpose and the birth certificates are not that cheap these day and it is a lot of hassle when trying to get another one , especially as I was born in another country outside the UK
    Any suggestions or alternative's to this problem of mind would be gladly appreciate?

Thank you
    Regards
    LG

Hello to you all
    How are you I hope you are keeping safe and well?

I'm awake at the very early hours of the morning (4 am) because I am worried about a few things in regards to filling in the online visa application forms

My wife is still in the Philippines and I am here in the UK
    Can I fill in her visa forms from my end here?

Is there anyway I can see a dummy run visa form that has al the questions that we are suppose to answer before I go into the online visa application, what I mean is I would like to have a preview of the type of questions that the visa form will ask me?

Because of our 8 hours differences I'm mostly asleep while my wife is awake and when I do get online she is already tired from her days work to fully consternate with me while we fill in the forms online together

Also another very big problem I have found while we are talking via video chat and we often get cut off for a couple of hours because of power failures in the area that she lives in...
    I find this very frustrating when we are trying to talk about some very important issues that concern us

If I do fill in the form, are there any special papers and documents that I should have here in front of me before I go ahead and complete the online form myself?

And to cap it all, my wife doesn't know or understand anything about computers at al, and that is not to say that I am a wizard at computers either
    I know because we both have tried to complete forms online before and it has often ended up with us both being frustrated because of this problem

I would really applicate any help and guidance from any of you

Thanking you in advance
    Regards
    LG

Hi all
    I just posted off all my papers and documents to my wife in the Philippines
    sent by dhl courier at the cost of 40 quid
    they said it will take about 3 days to get there.
    Once they are there, then we will begin to fill in the visa forms
    Touch wood
    Regards
    LG

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi all
    Touch wood
    Regards
    LG
    Well done, hope all goes well and good luck also please keep us updated on your progress

Hi all
    Touch wood
    Regards
    LG
    The online form is designed as one of those 'one size fits all' so can very often be confusing.

Take your time. Be sure to understand every question and answer. Any doubts at all post here.

Now is not the time to guess the real meaning of a question or to the the option in those drop-down menus or to believe that UKVI will show understanding and compassion.

Good luck

PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013)
    FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM

Should I fill this one in too?
    What appendix is this one called?

PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013)
    FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM

Should I fill this one in too?
    What appendix is this one called?
    The application needs to be made online.
    Look here:-
    https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

If you've already registered for an account then just log-in. Otherwise hit the 'Register an Account' button.

The 'Personal Details' Form VAF4A is a generic 'one-size-fits-all' form which all applicants complete.

If you'd like to review the 'paper version' forms then here are the links.

Personal Details
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...4029/VAF4A.pdf

Appendix 2 (financial requirements)
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

Guide to supporting documents
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

But do familiarise yourselves IN DETAIL with the online version as it can be different.

Personal details is online.
    Financial Requirements is completed and submitted on paper together with all supporting documents.

The VFS appointment is booked online.
    The application payment is made online
    Don't forget the 'immigration health surcharge' or IHS which is also part of the application.

Step-by-step.

Thank you Terpe
    What I meant to say is...
    From this link above, as it is an online visa form application too
    Is there any way I can see a prewire of the type of questions that it will ask me?

Just like those other two applications that you mention above

Personal Details
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...4029/VAF4A.pdf

Appendix 2 (financial requirements)

These two can be printed out and I can have look at all the questions before I put my answers in..

this is an online only version https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

How can I familiarise myself with it if I cannot see the questions before hand?

Because it only shows one page at a time and you have to answer that page 1st before you can see the next page with more questions on it

Am I making myself understood here?

Regards
    LG

for the online application - personal details You can save the online form at anytime by clicking on the "save" link on the side.

You can go between sections anytime you want. it will save your answers.

You can go between sections anytime you want. it will save your answers.
    Thanks for that cheekee This will make it a lot easier now that I understand it a bit more
    I suppose it is all nerves because if I make one slip up? We might not get a second chance again Plus the great financials lost of this visa too

I've just finish this one FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM ,
    I am working on the financial form now appendix 2
    before I work on that online form
    I can now see why the lawyers charge such a lot of money to help you with these forms
    Regards
    LG

Hi Cheekee

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

That appendix 2 form completed

I'm now waiting for the courier to deliver my documents to my wife I sent them early last Saturday morning and they told me my papers will be there by Wednesday today...
    It is funny that I cannot find my package by it's tracking number.
    So I called DHL and ask them about this and they told me they only deliver it to the Philippines then another company takes over, called Wexpress that have a base in Manila.

Regards
    LG

Hi all
    great new the documents are with my wife now
    Although this took 7 days with DHL £40 and it is the same time as the royal mail took last time for only £12 and that was registered too, what?
    Regards
    LG

Hi all
    great new the documents are with my wife now
    Although this took 7 days with DHL £40 and it is the same time as the royal mail took last time for only £12 and that was registered too, what?
    Regards
    LG
    Very unusual for DHL to take so long.

I have used them 3 times and it took 3 days to get there each time.

Does your wife live in a province far from the city ?

When I used royal mail it took 3 weeks.

Does your wife live in a province far from the city ?
    Hi cheekee
    My wife lives in Davao which is quite a big city...
    We send each other letters and cards all the time and it takes about 7 days for hers to get to each other and I send mine by royal mail 'registered mail' of course

You are right about that last online application it is a lot easier than I thought it might be Thanks for that again

how is your lovely lady settling down here with our long winter days?
    I hope she is enjoying our weather and hopefully she and you will be able to build a snowman together soon
    Mind you so far it has been very mild

I have not come across that part where you have to fill the NHS service health surcharge yet?

When do I have to pay for the visa and what does this mean about V.I.P. lounge any idea ?

Also in filling in the forms we have not seen any reference to the TB clearance corticated either or will these come later?

But we did see the part where you fill in about the English Test

Take care
    Thanks again
    Regards
    LG

You will be directed to pay the NHS surcharge once you have completed and submitted the online application.

So:

1) complete online application
    2) Before submitting online check for errors or omissions as once you submit you cant change anything
    3) Submit. you are then taken to the website to pay the NHS surcharge - pay and make a note of the IHS number
    4) you are then directed back to the VFS site to pay the visa application fee. then you can select if you want to use a VIP lounge for which there is an additional fee. Pay for the visa application and select an appointment date.

The application wont be complete till all payments are made. then you can print out the online application. The your wife turns up at the VAC (visa application centre on the day of the appointment with the printed online application and all the other documents (evidence, TB certificate and IELTS)

If you wish to use Cebu to submit your application there is an additional fee. Not for Manila.

Please note. If you use a pay for centre for submitting your documents and you need to change the appointment date, you must change the date no later than five days before the appointment. After that you will lose the fee for using the centre (not the visa fee) and will need to use a free centre (Manila). If you are submitting at manila then you can change the date of your appointment with no penalty.

Take a look at the VFS global website for an explanation of the extra services you can avail.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/

2) Before submitting online check for errors or omissions as once you submit you cant change anything
    Yes I had notice that I did leave some un-answer questions out, thank God my wife and I spotted it and I almost left a couple of digits out from my passport number too,, Phew! That was close!
    I've gone over and over a few times just to make double sure

Hi cheekee
    Thanks again while this still all fresh in your mind you would almost certainly still know all the in and outs of these visa forms A valuable help and I hope I can help those that come here after me too.

So we don't have to pay extra for appointment we just go to the free appointment centre without paying any extra charge ?

On average lets just say, how long does it usually take to process the visa's and for them to us know if we are going to get one or not?

I should touch wood be finish with all the forms by this time tomorrow?

thanks once again
    Regards
    LG

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information