Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PLEASE HELP

I've just submitted my wife's visa application online, so far so good, but when I got to the next part after where my wife must go when she comes to the UK She must go to a local post office near where she and I will live, which I stated I live in London with my full UK address That's ok, but when it ask for next step where to go for the biometric details, it said we have to go to Warsaw in Poland, for this is the nearest British Embassy for her to go to
    Crazy to say the least.

Does any one have an idea of what could have gone wrong?

P.S>
    I have kept a print out of each page as we did when we filled in the visa form online and throughout we stated that my wife lives in the Philippines with her full address there too

Regards
    LG

Did you make payment ?

Thank heaven I made no payment and yet as it did not get that far because is stopped at the British Embassy Warsaw in Poland......

You have now completed your application for leave to enter the UK.

If your application is successful, your passport/travel document will contain a 30 day visa to allow travel to the UK. You will also be sent a BRP Decision Letter with instructions on collecting your BRP after your arrival in the UK.
    This is the last page that made some sense to me.....

You must collect your BRP within 10 working days of arriving in the UK from:

So when I click the button marked 'book appointment', it then led me to the British Embassy in Warsaw, Poland, crazy is it not?
    I'm lost of what to do next?
    Regards
    LG

You have now completed your application for leave to enter the UK.

If your application is successful, your passport/travel document will contain a 30 day visa to allow travel to the UK. You will also be sent a BRP Decision Letter with instructions on collecting your BRP after your arrival in the UK.

You must collect your BRP within 10 working days of arriving in the UK from:

Post Office - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you have chosen to collect your BRP from the Post Office you will find further guidance, and details of how to change the branch from which you will collect your BRP, here https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits

If your destination is a Crown Dependency (Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man) you will not receive a BRP, and the advice above does not apply to you.

copied from the online visa website, but the next page brings me to Warsaw, in Poland

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lloydegbrick View Post
    I've just submitted my wife's visa application online...........
    Without payment the application is not actually submitted.

Time to start again.

You'll get there in the end I'm sure, good luck

Your unique application reference number is: GWFXXXXXXXX
    Select your appointment location

You must now book an appointment to submit your biometric data as part of your visa application. The available appointment location(s), according to the information you have provided, are shown below. If multiple appointment locations are shown, you may choose the most convenient location.

Country

POLAND

Region

Warsaw*

Appointment Location

Warsaw*

Visa Appointment Type

Standard (incl. Priority) Appointments*

Appointment Location

Please note there is an additional fee to use the Visa Application Centre you have chosen. This fee will be added to your visa fee during the payment process for this application. You may not be able to change and rebook your appointment at this Visa Application Centre once booked.

British Embassy Warsaw
    ul. Kawalerii 12
    Warsaw
    00-468

This appointment location does not have the facility to accept payments in person. Therefore you MUST make your payment online if you choose this location. If you do not want to or are unable to pay online, you must select an alternative location.

I CANNOT CHANGE THE LOCATION
    Every time I log in it goes to this page
    what else can I do?
    The online visa page is either corrupted fake or what????

Can anyone on here confirm this web address for me to see if it is the real macoy? https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Is it possible that at some point you selected your country as Poland in error ?

As I've stated If you haven't paid the visa fee then the application hasn't been submitted.

Start over again.

Is it possible that at some point you selected your country as Poland in error ?
    Hi Terpe
    Not possible as I had my wife and I to treble check before submitting this form We even did a print out of each page and I made a copy of the last page before pressing the submit button just to be sure

I can now see the country that she is in throughout the form. Which is the 'Philippines' on every page that ask her where she is now?

BTW did you check that web site address to see if it is the real Maccoy?
    https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

I even ask a member of my family here to check this website by giving him my password and email address and it come's us the same for him too ' Poland'

Regards
    LG

I'm going to start all over again
    I don't where I went wrong, but I must have made a mistake somewhere along the line?
    Thank heavens I could not make a payment
    Thank you
    regards
    LG

I remember when I started my wife's visa application is when I was asked which country the applicant was from.

You definitely selected the Philippines then?

You'll get there in the end I'm sure, good luck
    Thanks for that Michael

Regards
    LG

Thank you Terpe

Regards
    LG

You definitely selected the Philippines then?
    Hi cheekee
    No I'm not 100% sure now, that's why I'm doing it all over again, thanks for that

Regards
    LG

Hi cheekee
    phew that's that part completed
    My wife has her appointment on Monday 14th at the visa centre
    We wait for that now
    Thanks very much to everybody for your great support
    I can tell you one thing for sure, and that is this...I don't want to go through all that again,,,
    I must have age 10 years in this past year
    Regards
    LG

Hi to all of you
    Just to let it be known
    My wife kept her appointment at 7.10 am local time in the Phils at the British embassy this morning
    I was a bit of a panic because we forgot to get her confirmation of the appointments printed out before she took off to Manila
    But we sorted it out, because I printed it out and scanned it and made a copy and then I email it to her to collect it at an internet café and print out over there
    so far so good
    Thanks again for this help site
    Regards
    LG

By the way
    Can anyone tell me how I can upload a photo of myself to display on my profile here?

Hi to all of you
    Just to let it be known
    My wife kept her appointment at 7.10 am local time in the Phils at the British embassy this morning
    I was a bit of a panic because we forgot to get her confirmation of the appointments printed out before she took off to Manila
    But we sorted it out, because I printed it out and scanned it and made a copy and then I email it to her to collect it at an internet café and print out over there
    so far so good
    Thanks again for this help site
    Regards
    LG

By the way
    Can anyone tell me how I can upload a photo of myself to display on my profile here?
    Well done, see you can do it, regarding uploading photo's I'm not your man, I end up asking someone else to do it for me, sorry!

Hi to all of you
    Just to let it be known
    Why did your wife have an appointment at the British Embassy ?
    Do you mean she submitted her application bundle at VFS Application Centre ?

Hi to all of you
    Just to let it be known

Now the wait begins. It can be torture waiting for the decision believe me.

Expect around a four week wait from submission.

Hello Terpe

Yes I mean that section of the embassy's links

My wife was told by a member of the staff at VFS Application Centre
    Manila that you can speed the visa results by paying an extra 8,500php as this fee will only take about a week or so to process her application?

I did not know or hear about this extra service but unfortunately she did not did not know about this either until she was at the VFS centre and she has just told me now today after she has just got back from her trip.

Where can I find this site so that I can pay this extra fee do this?

Thank you
    Regards
    LG

Now the wait begins. It can be torture waiting for the decision believe me.

Expect around a four week wait from submission.
    Thank you cheekee

Well done, see you can do it, regarding uploading photo's I'm not your man, I end up asking someone else to do it for me, sorry!
    Thank you Michael
    Regards
    LG

My wife was told by a member of the staff at VFS Application Centre
    Manila that you can speed the visa results by paying an extra 8,500php as this fee will only take about a week or so to process her application?

I did not know or hear about this extra service but unfortunately she did not did not know about this either until she was at the VFS centre and she has just told me now today after she has just got back from her trip

Forget about this now

This request to find out more about this seems to be too late now as I had a message from the UKborder agency just now to tell me that should have been asked for at the time of my wife's appointment at the VFS centre
    It's funny how you find out these kind of things when it is too late.
    Regards
    LG

Forget about this now

This request to find out more about this seems to be too late now as I had a message from the UKborder agency just now to tell me that should have been asked for at the time of my wife's appointment at the VFS centre
    It's funny how you find out these kind of things when it is too late.
    Regards
    LG
    Actually, Lloyde, my reply to the personal message you'd forwarded to me earlier, was sent several hours ago. Unfortunately, however, it inadvertently landed up on my *own profile page - instead of yours, I'm afraid ... !

......................................... ! Please, therefore, go *there ... where, in fact, I've posted a couple of links clarifying the situation.

This extra service does not exist for settlement visas.

Only for visit visas.

This extra service does not exist for settlement visas.

Only for visit visas.

Super Priority Visa Service (SPV)
    From 23 February 2015, the Super Priority Visa Service (SPV) will be available to applicants in the Philippines who apply under the following categories:

Tourist and short stay.
    Point Based System Tier 2 applicants with authority to live in the Philippines.
    Points Based System Tier 5 applicants with authority to live in the Philippines or Temporary Worker (Creative and Sporting) if currently in the Philippines for a similar purpose to the activity proposed to be undertaken in the UK.
    This new optional service aims to process applications within 24 hours and incurs an additional fee of PHP 43,200 on top of the standard visa fee. The service is only available to those applying at the Manila visa application centre.

To use this service, customers will need to select the Super Priority Visa Service appointment option when making your appointment online. Applications for the SPV service must be made between 7:00am and 12:00 noon, Monday to Friday. Payment can be made online or by cash when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre.

Once an application has been submitted, your visa decision and documents will be ready for collection from the visa application centre within 24 hours. You will be contacted with confirmation of time.

Full terms and conditions of the SPV service are in the Applicant Declaration which customers who wish to use this service must read, print off, sign and bring to the VAC with their application. Please click here to download SPV Customer Declaration.

Priority Visa Service (PV)
    The Priority Visa Service is an optional service which aims to process applications within 3-5 working days and incurs an additional fee of PHP 8,640 on top of the standard visa fee.The service is available at both our Manila and Cebu visa application centres.
    Payment can be made online or by cash when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre.

The eligibility requirements for the Priority Visa (PV) service is extended to include all non-settlement visa categories, including all visitors and Tier 4 students.

Source

As cheekee states there are no such priority services for settlement-route visa

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Super Priority Visa Service (SPV)
    From 23 February 2015, the Super Priority Visa Service (SPV) will be available to applicants in the Philippines who apply under the following categories:

Tourist and short stay.
    Point Based System Tier 2 applicants with authority to live in the Philippines.
    Points Based System Tier 5 applicants with authority to live in the Philippines or Temporary Worker (Creative and Sporting) if currently in the Philippines for a similar purpose to the activity proposed to be undertaken in the UK.
    This new optional service aims to process applications within 24 hours and incurs an additional fee of PHP 43,200 on top of the standard visa fee. The service is only available to those applying at the Manila visa application centre.

To use this service, customers will need to select the Super Priority Visa Service appointment option when making your appointment online. Applications for the SPV service must be made between 7:00am and 12:00 noon, Monday to Friday. Payment can be made online or by cash when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre.

Once an application has been submitted, your visa decision and documents will be ready for collection from the visa application centre within 24 hours. You will be contacted with confirmation of time.

Full terms and conditions of the SPV service are in the Applicant Declaration which customers who wish to use this service must read, print off, sign and bring to the VAC with their application. Please click here to download SPV Customer Declaration.

Priority Visa Service (PV)
    The Priority Visa Service is an optional service which aims to process applications within 3-5 working days and incurs an additional fee of PHP 8,640 on top of the standard visa fee.The service is available at both our Manila and Cebu visa application centres.
    Payment can be made online or by cash when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre.

The eligibility requirements for the Priority Visa (PV) service is extended to include all non-settlement visa categories, including all visitors and Tier 4 students.

Source

As cheekee states there are no such priority services for settlement-route visa
    ... which, of course, was ALL already confirmed in the links I've referred to above. Apologies again, from me Lloyd, for posting these in the wrong place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information